CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !!

+4
afrochic
Mz. CiCi
krissyc39
ShanBREEZY
8 posters

Go down

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !! Empty Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !!

Post by ShanBREEZY 27th July 2010, 12:37 am

Hiiii, ! I Need To Know How Lonq Will It Take For My Natural Hair To Kick In. I Havent Had A Relaxer In 3 Months And Im Tired Of Straight Relaxed Hair !! I Know It Will Take Some Times. And My Hair Is Pretty Thick But It Can Get Thicker, And That's How I Would Like My Hair.So That Way When I Do The Twist N Curl, It Will Be Pretty And Thick ! Smile Any Tips ?
ShanBREEZY
ShanBREEZY

http://www.wix.com/twinz4lyfe/dominant-divas

Back to top Go down

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !! Empty Re: Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !!

Post by krissyc39 27th July 2010, 1:29 am

Hey!

The average head of hair grows from 1/3 of an inch to an inch a month. My hair used to grow pretty much average length (1/2 in a month) but now grows 2 inches every 3 months now that I take vitamins to support my hair growth. It varies form person to person but the most important thing is keeping your hair healthy through this process.

The twist n curl is a great option for transitioners because it blends the two textures pretty well. I'm 3 months into transitioning too and I use a bantu knot out to get natural looking curls... As soon as i figure out where my camera cord is i'll upload pics lol

CN has really good information and tips on how to get a fierce twist-out. I don't us the same products that she does but every successful styling regimen has moisture (water), a sealant (something to keep the moisture in like olive oil, coconut oil or shea butter) and a holding product (not a necessity if you like frizzy styles). The key is experimenting and finding out what works and what doesn't for your hair.

I love answering questions so if you have any don't be afraid to ask Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by ShanBREEZY 27th July 2010, 11:33 am

Okay Thank You. !! All I Need At This Point Is Basically Hair Productd, So Once I Get those I'll Be Set For Experimentinq Before School Starts Smile
ShanBREEZY
ShanBREEZY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 27th July 2010, 12:13 pm

When I transitioned, I basically just started cowashing to keep moisture in and towards the end, I used bantu knots which blended the two textures and gave me some fierce curls.
I agree with vitamins which I need to get back on and just mainly have patience because it will take a while for you to really notice your hair is changing.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 27th July 2010, 12:58 pm

@krissyc39: what vitamins do u use? cuz i've used biotin and i like that it makes my hair thick but i want one for length?
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 27th July 2010, 2:05 pm

@ shanbreezy I use a spray bottle with water, herbal essences hello hydration conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil and honey (thanks afrochic!). I spray my hair till it's damp then add extra honey to my roots before I make my twists. I seal the moisture in by applying olive oil to my hair. That's it! I know other people use a lot of products but simple is better for me Smile

@ afrochic I take biotin, 400 mg of vitamin e and c-1000. I wanna buy some flaxseed and wheatgerm to up my vitamin E intake even more.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 27th July 2010, 2:15 pm

Look in the what's your regimen thread for the different products we all use....and be patient with your hair growth. Make sure you do protective styles like braids, twists, sew-ins, as well to retain length and protect your hair. These will also get you through rough times where you feel like your hair is not growing or you get frustrated with it.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 27th July 2010, 8:05 pm

krissyc39 wrote:@ shanbreezy I use a spray bottle with water, herbal essences hello hydration conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil and honey (thanks afrochic!). I spray my hair till it's damp then add extra honey to my roots before I make my twists. I seal the moisture in by applying olive oil to my hair. That's it! I know other people use a lot of products but simple is better for me Smile

@ afrochic I take biotin, 400 mg of vitamin e and c-1000. I wanna buy some flaxseed and wheatgerm to up my vitamin E intake even more.

Hey! Your spray bottle mix sounds great I'll have to try it soon

So far the only vitamin I've been taking is a regular multi-vitamin but I've been wanting to look into others. I've heard a lot about this Biotin vitamin and one thing was that it causes the hair everywhere on your body to grow thicker/faster. Have you experienced this? and What is the c-1000 vitamin? Vitamin C?
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by ShanBREEZY 28th July 2010, 12:17 pm

@Mz. CiCi : Okay Thanks !

@krissyc39 : Alright, That Sounds Pretty Good To Start W/ Smile Dont Forget To Upload The Pics When You Can So I Can See !
ShanBREEZY
ShanBREEZY

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 28th July 2010, 3:36 pm

@krissyc39: ur welcome l0l! hone does wonders for hair:)

and i will definetely buy some of those vitamins!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 29th July 2010, 3:30 pm

so im having a breakdown right now. . my hair feels like its damaged more from me trying to transition than when it was relaxed and i just feel like i have not seen any maximum amount of growth. today makes 5 months. my hair just feels so coarse and dry. and there is like 800 different textures going on in my hair! i am so confused and not ready to big chop and i just feel like crying right now Sad its making me want to get a relaxer i just need some motivation!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 30th July 2010, 1:51 am

@ Jadore Stop and think about why you're growing out the relaxer in the first place. Whatever the reason, your perseverance got you to 5 months of natural growth!

I'm transitioning (from a texturizer) so this makes it a little easier seeing as how my ends are not completely straight but if you have 800 different textures in your hair then I must have a million. Seriously, straight, wavy, curly, kinky and every combination of the 4 are all mixed up in my head right now. Thank Goodness for bantu-knot outs!

If I were you I would do some intense deep conditioning treatments maybe twice a week until your hair feels soft and less damaged. I'm taking the summer as an opportunity to henna every week!

Your hair looks really cute in the avatar btw. What style was that?
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 30th July 2010, 2:22 am

@ ShanBreezy I uploaded the pics Smile These are basically some of my best hair days. You can see pics of the bangs I just cut in Stylin' and Profilin' -> Curly bangs??

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !! Senior14

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !! Senior15

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !! Senior16

Relaxed Hair To Natural Hair !! Senior17
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by ShanBREEZY 30th July 2010, 11:33 am

@Krissyc39: Okay, Your Hairs Pretty Smile
I Tried Doinq The Twist Out In My Avatar. It Turned Out Okay, But It Only Lasted For Like 2 Days :/ So Imma Start Co-Washinq My Hair Weekly And Moisturizinq My Hair Twice A Day. When I Dont Have A Style In My Hair, I Usually Just Brush It Up In A Bun. That Usually Helps It Grow Sometimes.
ShanBREEZY
ShanBREEZY

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyMehh 30th July 2010, 1:23 pm

Hey, i've really been wanting to buy some vitamins. Where do you guys buy your vitamins?
BeautifullyMehh
BeautifullyMehh

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 30th July 2010, 1:58 pm

@ ShanBreezy thanks! Are you using any products to hold the style in your hair? I never got past day 1 hair without a holding product Sad

I love your new avatar btw Smile The twist-outs look great

@ BeautifullyMehh I buy mine at a health food store called the Vitamin Hut. You can also get them at places like CVS and Wallgreens but I find that they're really overpriced there.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by ShanBREEZY 31st July 2010, 12:42 am

@krissyc39 Np. Well No Not Really. All The Products Are Pretty Much Used Up Round Here So I Have To Get Some Next Week.Lol. But Yeah Imma Try Lookinq For The Eco Stylinq Gel I've Seen Everyone Use. Must Work Like A Charm !

And Thanks ! You Too Smile
ShanBREEZY
ShanBREEZY

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyMehh 31st July 2010, 3:45 pm

@krissyc39...Thanks! I'm going to have to check out a health food store soon. Btw, I love the new avatar pic. I couldn't really see your hair in your old one. Your hair is beautiful. You might have mentioned it before, but is that a twist-out?
BeautifullyMehh
BeautifullyMehh

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 31st July 2010, 5:37 pm

Thanks for the compliment Smile

The picture in my avi is a bantu-knot out. i do them like 90% of the time
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by ShanBREEZY 31st July 2010, 5:59 pm

No Prob Smile

Thats What Im Goinq To Try Next .
ShanBREEZY
ShanBREEZY

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 31st July 2010, 9:10 pm

@Krissyc39 You may be right about that deep conditioning more often i seriously NEVER thought of that LOL well i've been getting a lot of motivation to just keep going so i will

And my avatar pic is of me in a bantu knot out and i didn't completely un ravel them so they were very coiled up. . i kinda let them fall on their own. they turned out even cuter after they fell by themselves. Thanks for the compliment and help of course! and your pics look good!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyMehh 1st August 2010, 12:04 am

@Krissyc39 I went to the vitamin store today. I didn't buy anything because everything was expensive lol and I didn't even know what to look for.
& my bantu knots come out horrible everytime. I gave up on them about a month ago haha.
BeautifullyMehh
BeautifullyMehh

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 1st August 2010, 1:36 am

@ jadore04 you're very welcome!

@ beautifullymehh ask someone who works there! I did and I got all my questions answered and more. The owner Gary and me are practically besties now LOL

Basically let them know what you're looking for and how much you have to spend. More than likely someone will be happy to help you
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down