CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural???

+6
KinkyKeyKey
Hair by Nedjetti Salon
LilyFlower8604
loveself247
traveljunkie08
Juices-n-Berries
10 posters

Go down

Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural??? Empty Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural???

Post by Juices-n-Berries 18th December 2009, 2:32 pm

I read someone say on a site today that if you don't BC and long term transition, some of your relaxed hair will eventually revert to some type of natural curl pattern. I always had the understanding that once hair was relaxed, it was irreversible, but I just wanted to make sure... My BC is tomorrow. Perhaps it's just cold feet. LOL.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural??? Empty Re: Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural???

Post by traveljunkie08 18th December 2009, 2:36 pm

Uh, I really don't think that's true. Logically it doesn't make sense.

Congrats on your upcoming BC!!! You can do it. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural??? Empty Re: Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural???

Post by Juices-n-Berries 18th December 2009, 2:40 pm

Thanks, I thought it was insane. Once you chemically alter something, I don't think it can be repaired. But at the same time, some people don't just touch up roots, they touch up their whole head when they get relaxers. So it does seem feasible that it could revert to some extent. Yes I'm excited. I will definitely be posting pics! bounce
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 18th December 2009, 2:42 pm

@Missleggz...Ditto that congrats on your BC!!!!!!!!

@traveljunkie08...lovin the hair in your avatar
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 3rd January 2010, 4:02 pm

You know what, my mom made that comment to me recently when she was detangling my hair.
She told me that obviously my ends, which have been relaxed the most, would have to be cut off, but because the part of my hair that is between my ends and my roots hasn't had that much relaxer (like the part of my hair that was new growth when I got my very last relaxer six months ago), that that relaxed part would just revert back to the natural state.
It actually made sense to me when she said it, because when I was getting relaxers it took quite some time before the chemicals would have an effect on my hair. It's why I always got my entire head relaxed every six to eight weeks instead of just the roots.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair by Nedjetti Salon 7th January 2010, 3:44 pm

for the record, relaxed hair can never revert to its natural state, it must all be cut off completely, once the disulfide bonds are broken by the sodium hydroxide, the hair looses its natural shape or curl pattern

welcome home [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hair by Nedjetti Salon
Hair by Nedjetti Salon

http://www.Nedjetti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyKeyKey 8th January 2010, 1:25 pm

They were saying that your new growth always comes in natural, which is why women get touch ups
KinkyKeyKey
KinkyKeyKey

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 11th January 2010, 12:21 pm

Relaxed hair cannot revert it is impossible. When my hair was relaxed I could wear a wash and go and my hair would still be curly but that was because I only relaxed my hair about 60%-70%.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritualsearch 22nd December 2010, 3:57 pm

https://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/mcbride0913/?action=view¤t=0ee42213.jpg&evt=user_media_share

This is all RELAXED hair. You can see (if you look closely) that my new growth blends right in and my ends need trimming terribly. I'm not sure if the 'reversion theory' is all that false. LOL

Spiritualsearch

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 22nd December 2010, 4:07 pm

Hair by Nedjetti Salon wrote:for the record, relaxed hair can never revert to its natural state, it must all be cut off completely, once the disulfide bonds are broken by the sodium hydroxide, the hair looses its natural shape or curl pattern

welcome home [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Exactly. It does not matter what the hair looks like, the structure is chemically altered.

Reminds me of the IH Method:

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t8402-are-you-using-the-ih-method-you-probably-are-and-dont-realize-it#183139

@ JnB- I hope that you have a good experience with your BC.

Last edited by FalconTress on 22nd December 2010, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add link)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritualsearch 22nd December 2010, 6:37 pm

Guilty! It's trial and error for me. Everyone's hair is definitely not the same.

Spiritualsearch

Back to top Go down

Can Relaxed Hair Revert Back to Natural??? Empty YES IT REVERTS BACK!! lol

Post by krys419 30th December 2010, 8:08 am

Well my friend from Africa seems to think so.

She told me "You are wrong. Maybe because I am 100% african my hair can go back to the nappy texture. it must be because you probably have some mixture inside you." Shocked

LMAO She's one of those girls that put the perm on their whole head and not just the roots so they have hair that is almost to shoulders but very thin hair from overprocessing. You know those girls that have extra thin straggly ends that need to be cut off. So yeah she was mad because I told her that she's not supposed to put perm on hair that was relaxed before..LOL I'm sorry if I'm not from Africa but that doesn't mean I don't know how to care for my hair.

She's the same one who when I straightened/permed my hair told me I should do it more because I have good hair like Dominicans that is thick!! Rolling Eyes OH MY GOSH! THE BRAAAAAINWASHING! And yes my hair is like 4b/4a and mostly all coarse..ahaha I just have a lot of it and it's densely packed.

And I mean some time the hair doesn't "take" with arelaxer which means the hair is just texlaxed/texturized and not straight or the same thing happens when yo leave it on for a short time. but still it will not revert. You hair strands will never be as thick as your natural texture or as curly. People who know the process of a relaxer know what it does to the strands. people who dont are the ones who dont care if they overlap and do their head each time. Why put chemicals on our haead if you dont even know that it's permanent?..A perrrrrrrm....PERMMMManent

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down