CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisturizing and sealing a twa

3 posters

Go down

Moisturizing and sealing a twa Empty Moisturizing and sealing a twa

Post by freckledmom4 26th July 2010, 2:52 pm

I'm just a few days away from my first month of being completely natural. I am learning so much about how to take care of my hair. I want to continue to moisturize and seal my hair nightly like I did when I was transitioning, but I don't know how to with this length. While I transitioned, I would twist my hair and use CD hair milk and shea butter/vatika/coconut oil to seal my ends, but now that my hair is so short I can't twist it every night to ensure even distribution. As a result, I have just been misting my hair with sheamoisture coconut hibiscus shine & hold (that's a mouthful). Then I use the same brand milk. Finally I seal with vatika oil or hydrating hair butter by fluertzy. The problem is, I feel like I am missing the roots and this routine totally frizzies the curls created by shingling/twisting. Any suggestions? Also I wanted to know if the hold & shine could be considered as a sealant because it contains coconut milk, shea butter and neem oil. Thanks Ladies!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Moisturizing and sealing a twa Empty Re: Moisturizing and sealing a twa

Post by Queenofthe4s 26th July 2010, 3:01 pm

In my personal opinion, I have never seen a need to moisturize and seal every day. I moisturize my hair on wash day, shingle, and air dry. On the days in between I simply mist all over with plain water in the morning and gently pull my hair into shape.
Queenofthe4s
Queenofthe4s

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 26th July 2010, 6:00 pm

Hi freckledmom...we bcd around the same time. I moisturize/seal daily. I had sum dryness after my big chop and this has really helped. If its a co-wash day I just use water, hehh and seal with coconut oil. I'll moisturize later in the day as needed and I always moisturize at night. If its 2nd dy hair I moisturize w/my water based moisturizer (elasta qp mango butter) and seal w/coconut oil. I have the shea moisture hold and shine and but I didn't really like it too much for daily use. Now I just use it after my roller set to make my hair smell good and shine. I would seal w/ just a straight oil...whichever one your hair likes. I dont think its necessary to twist at night when u moisturize. With our hair length thats kinda hard. I just massage the moisturizer/sealant in from root to tip and then bonnet my hair.
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th July 2010, 6:11 pm

@Queenofthe4s- I feel like I have to m & s daily because I am still struggling with dryness from my bc.

@craving curlz-I was trying to avoid disturbing the curls to get 2nd day hair. Maybe I'll mix some oils in a spray bottle and spray in a leave-in followed by oil spray.

Thanks Curlies!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down