CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curl definition-what to use

+13
whatgetsonmytits
Electrum
ChrsLvsBks
besona
curl_Gurl
Raytay
Cnicoles6
blondie
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Naturalin2010
WhosThatRedHead
jaylin20032003
C.
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

curl definition-what to use - Page 2 Empty Re: curl definition-what to use

Post by Cecewms84 30th August 2010, 11:49 am

i'm experimenting with the deva curl angell line. but i dont think i like it very much. KCCC has been working pretty good for me - but i dont like the little lint balls it leaves.

so the search continues
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 30th August 2010, 2:55 pm

thanx everyone for the responses. since i last posted, which was august 1, i have begun co-washing Smile. I have been using Aussie Moist mixed with VO5 Passionfruit Smoothie at a ratio of 1 pump AM to a whole, heaping handful of VO5 for detangling and conditioning. [it works so well, i was like Shocked. my hair was so soft and tangle-free] I use the Kiwi Lime Clarifying conditioner for the co-washes.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was thinking that by using the clarifying condish I could still use products with silicones without buildup. The only products I use now that have silicones are Aussie Moist, both the conditioner and 3 minute deep condish.

Lastly, thanx Chrs for the moisture tip. My curl pattern has been steadily emerging since I upped the ante with deep conditioning on a regular basis. I had stopped because when I left school and went home for the summer, my mom kept telling me that I'm obsessed with my hair--that I do it/mess with it too much, so I slacked off. **Sidenote:Inspite of all her nagging she still manages to compare our hair saying hers is always dry and how she can never do anything to it (she's natural too). My mom doesnt even have HER OWN COMB--or any other products!!** Now that I'm back at school I keep up with the weekly DC even tho I am now protective styling for the next 3 weeks (micro twists). I will attempt a WnG in 3 weeks if its not too cool by then & of course share pix..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 30th August 2010, 3:01 pm

Raytay wrote:My curls are much more defined when I leave them the heck alone and let them drip dry (though I hate drippies). I "rake" coconut oil and ecosyler gel through wet hair and let it drip dry. Works every time.

great tip. I actually overnight prepoo'd a few weeks ago using regular coconut oil on lightly misted hair. When I took off the cap the next morning I almost didnt wanna wash it. My curls were so defined, but they were also hella oily/greasy too,lol. After I washed I tested out the coconut oil with just a little gel and the curls clumped beautifully, however I never tried it like you did--soaking wet hair, drip drying

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by * 31st August 2010, 9:49 am

I use Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme along with Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner and it works superb. I think I found my Holy grail

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 31st August 2010, 11:53 am

KCC09 wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but I was thinking that by using the clarifying condish I could still use products with silicones without buildup. The only products I use now that have silicones are Aussie Moist, both the conditioner and 3 minute deep condish.

clarifying conditioners will help keep co-washed hair feeling clean, but it will not remove silicones. the only thing that will remove -cones are sulfates (or, if you shampoo REGULARLY, a good no -cone clariifying poo like KC come clean will reduce buildup). you ever hear ppl say "this product used to work so well for me, now it leaves my hair limp!" one of the reasons is -cone buildup. they make most ppls hair feel soft at first, but if not maintenanced right, can flop in the long run.
i'm no expert, i just do a lot of research and trial-n-error. i had to cut -cones out of my hair diet once i stopped using products with sulfates.
HTH! afro
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 1st September 2010, 12:12 am

thanx queen shakirah. it makes perfect sense. I just really like the Aussie Moist, but I dont like washing my hair with shampoo. I used to be able to do it without it striping my hair, but then it started to. Maybe I just started wahing more effectively, cuz before I just applied shampoo and swirled a little bit and rinsed..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2