CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl definition

2 posters

Go down

Curl definition Empty Curl definition

Post by naturallyme09 28th June 2010, 2:28 pm

I have been transitioning for 9 months !!!! I see lots of new growth and I'm looking forward to seeing my hair totally natural (no relaxed ends). However, I'm wondering how will I manage my natural hair. I notice in between washes my hair is very thick (type 4 hair maybe 4a???) and I don't see much of a curl pattern. What products/techniques are best for maintaining moisture and making curls pop? Are twist outs or braids out the only way to obtain definition?
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Curl definition Empty Re: Curl definition

Post by loveK 28th June 2010, 3:33 pm

It all depends on your hair type. There are those who have a strong curl pattern and don't need much product, just moisture; There are others who coerce there curls with product (gel, butters, creams, etc.); and then there are those who don't have a consistent curl pattern. Mine are pretty inconsistent so I use twists and braids to define and unify my waves.It'll be an adventure finding the right products so enjoy!! That's the fun part.
loveK
loveK

Back to top Go down