CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

+5
NaturalHairYes2009
NubieNatty
Ebbz
jlowman1
4EverNatural
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

Post by jlowman1 30th July 2010, 10:00 pm

@4EverNatural: It wasn't love at first application for me either. The smell is horrible too. I dunno, I'll keep experimenting with it to see if I can figure it out. LoL
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

Post by 4EverNatural 1st August 2010, 8:19 am

@jlowman1...I will leave it alone for now...lol

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st August 2010, 8:07 pm

@jlowman & 4EverNatural I was wondering about the Kimmaytube leave-in b/c I have heard so many great things. Thanks for the heads-up. Right now the Giovanni Direct seems to be working fine so I'll leave it alone until after the challenge. I just wish I could get rid of this frizz in the middle for my wngs-been too lazy for twist-outs. Any suggestions?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd August 2010, 3:24 am

update

Shampooed with Creme of Nature and moisturized with Hawaiian Silky 14n1 and whipped shea butter mix. I will be DC'ing tomorrow or Tuesday.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 2nd August 2010, 10:44 am

Hello Natural Beauties,

UPDATE: Yesterday I co-washed w/ Y-T-C, DT w/ ORS, DC w/ AOHSR, and then put some Bantu Knots in that I twisted out today.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 2nd August 2010, 10:47 am

freckledmom4 wrote:@jlowman & 4EverNatural I was wondering about the Kimmaytube leave-in b/c I have heard so many great things. Thanks for the heads-up. Right now the Giovanni Direct seems to be working fine so I'll leave it alone until after the challenge. I just wish I could get rid of this frizz in the middle for my wngs-been too lazy for twist-outs. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure, I'm slowly but surely trying to get away from doing wash-n-go's so much because it is causing my hair to shed alot. What product are you using for your Wash n Go?

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd August 2010, 1:21 pm

I'm not sure, I'm slowly but surely trying to get away from doing wash-n-go's so much because it is causing my hair to shed alot. What product are you using for your Wash n Go?[/quote]

I'm using a mixture of sheamoisture curl smoothie, ecostyler and smooth & shine curl activator gel, but I rinse most of the product out and shake my head to make the curls clump. Sometimes I will add a little avg if my curls won't act right.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd August 2010, 12:59 am

UPDATE: Still using the same products. I trimmed my hair about a week ago and I trimmed again today because it was so uneven. I think I have it straightened out now but in all I probably trimmed an inch or two off. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today I shampooed with L'Oreal Hydrate and conditioned with Tresemme Naturals and just let my hair airdry. I also wore the "hair headband" style. I really liked it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FYI: This photo was taken pre-trim...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd August 2010, 10:57 pm

@ jlowman that hairstly is so cute. I tried to do something like that, but my fingers just got confused once I got to the other side of my head-lol. I guess I need to keep practicing because the elastic headbands give me a headach sometimes.

I cowashed today and finger detangled (TJTTT). I did some chunky coils in a puff (yay I can finally puff!) that I will pull apart tomorrow. I styled with hair milk, ecostyler and sealed with vatika oil.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th August 2010, 11:31 am

@freckledmom4... Thanks! Mine kept getting confused to. I tried about 4 times before I finally got it right. lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 5th August 2010, 9:47 pm

Update: Today I cowashed with TJTTT and dc'ed with the giovanni (blah, blah, blah-I can never remember the name) with coconut, olive oil and honey and little ORS to stretch it. I tried to steam using a washcloth, plastic caps and a towel. I really like the results. My hair felt so soft. Then I did twists which took about 3 hours. I haven't decided if I am going to leave them in out twist out. I used the SM smothie and the Hair Butter with little gel. Here is the back.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 6th August 2010, 12:56 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Update: Today I cowashed with TJTTT and dc'ed with the giovanni (blah, blah, blah-I can never remember the name) with coconut, olive oil and honey and little ORS to stretch it. I tried to steam using a washcloth, plastic caps and a towel. I really like the results. My hair felt so soft. Then I did twists which took about 3 hours. I haven't decided if I am going to leave them in out twist out. I used the SM smothie and the Hair Butter with little gel. Here is the back.

Nice....make sure you post the twistout. My twist never come out like that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 9th August 2010, 2:03 pm

Hello!!!!

UPDATE!!!!

Yesterday, I washed my hair with YTC and did a deep moisterizing treatment with AOHSR and let that stay in my hair all day, washed that out and put some bantu knots in my hair using Oyin shine and define.

One More week of this challenge for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th August 2010, 5:29 pm

Nice twists @freckledmom4!

UPDATE:
I kind of cheated. lol... I ran out of Tresemme Naturals and ended up getting family sizes of the Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted.

Since I trimmed, my hair has been sooooo dry that its ridiculous. I deep conditioned so many times and it still hasnt helped. I decided to just braid it up into a protective style and leave it alone for a couple days. Now I wished I wouldnt have trimmed. I think I screwed something up???

Here's my protective style:
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th August 2010, 8:39 pm

Thanks jlowman1. You're rocking a cute style yourself.

Update: Last night I pre-pooed with navratna oil then I cowashed this morning. I dc'ed with the giovanni stuff mixed with coconut oil, amla oil and shea butter and I think I threw in some olive oil too. I tried the steaming thing again and agian-super soft hair! I put 6 cornrows in the front and wng in the back. I used giovanni direct leave in styled with ecostyler and smooth-n-shine.

I also have to tell on myself. I went to Sally's today to buy the conditioner I use for henna/amla glosses and some ecostlyer oo gel. I ended up walking out with a denman brush and a bottle of ORS Nature Shine Spray too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But I had a coupon for 20% off which took off 5.50 so I practically got it for free and I promise you curlies and my husband-I won't but any new items until September!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 17th August 2010, 12:26 pm

UPDATE:

Yesterday was my last day for the Challenge, but I have decided that I will resume the challenge on August 29-September 26, which is around the change of the season, but I will provide more details when I start the challenge.

Let me provide you with a mini review on the products I used to help with my shedding. During these past four weeks I noticed that on certain weeks my hair didn't shed as much and other weeks it shed a lot What a Face .

The ORS Hair Mayo, was OK, I felt like it left my hair extremely dry after it was rinsed out, and I didn't like that feeling. Each time I used the ORS, I made sure I did a moisturizing treatment (AOHSR) right after to help restore some of the moisture.

I did love the Yes to Cucumbers becasue it left my hair feeling extremely soft and I loved the way it defined my curls.

Over the next few weeks, I will be going through my Product Junkie Store and see what products I will discontinue( becasue my hair doesn't like it), what products I may add to my rotation, and what product I will go and buy for my rotation.

My goal for my next regimen would continue to be reducing shedding and getting my hair to a stage of health.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th August 2010, 5:03 pm

I should have joined this. i am so bad with switching up with products. I just got brave enough to wear my coils out, so I am going to try to stick with them until my b-day (9/11). maybe I can start my personal challange for myself. Thanks for the idea.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 18th August 2010, 11:09 am

CrissyQ wrote:I should have joined this. i am so bad with switching up with products. I just got brave enough to wear my coils out, so I am going to try to stick with them until my b-day (9/11). maybe I can start my personal challange for myself. Thanks for the idea.

Hello Crissy Q,

It is never to late to start the challenge, I will be starting back up towards the end of August.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2