CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products for 3b-3c Hair (HELP)

+2
swoodward
Chelnmike816
6 posters

Go down

Products for 3b-3c Hair (HELP) Empty Products for 3b-3c Hair (HELP)

Post by Chelnmike816 18th July 2010, 3:55 pm

Hello All!!

I am so frustrated about finding staple products for my hair. I have 3b-3c hair and i can't find anything that defines,holds and moisturizes my hair without it being greasy(not even shampoo or conditioneri have found),my hair doesn't need a lot of product . I don't want any products that are to expensive and i prefer to get products that are mostly natural and stuff I can find in stores like (walmart,sally's,target etc).Please help me! I just wanna find something that works.

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Products for 3b-3c Hair (HELP) Empty Re: Products for 3b-3c Hair (HELP)

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 9:17 pm

try curls - it's in target and is a good place to start.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 18th July 2010, 9:33 pm

Thank you for replying. Is Curls the brand name?

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 18th July 2010, 9:53 pm

Yes, Curls is the name brand. They have some you tube tutorials on it. I tried it for a week and loved it. Then my hair started feeling dry and brittle feeling. The whole line smells fantastic though! I then tried it on my daughters hair (2b) and it did the same thing. Maybe it is not to be used regularly and just a special occasion type product.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 10:53 pm

Hey DreamMerchant, what would you recommend for moisturizing? I think the Target line is formulated differently than the one online (true can be drying) and I have heard great things about it (target line). But I also hear people use a moisturizer with it.

I am also thinking

Yes to cucumbers conditioner
Giovanni line
RenPure Organics

Sorry but I am a Kinky Curly kind of girl. That will be IN target soon but I don't know when.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 18th July 2010, 11:57 pm

Girl! I am the wrong one to ask when it comes to moisturizing. I am still trying to find my summertime routine. I have found that a couple of pumps of the hawaiin silky gives great moisture without being greasy. I got my Curls from a store that sells KC and Waajid and all that stuff. Right now I am keeping my hair in twists waiting for this 99 degree heat wave to break.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 19th July 2010, 1:45 am

Hi ladies! I have been using the curls line for about 3 yrs now.My favorite from this line is the curls souffle.I use yes to cucumbers underneath it as my leave in(the conditioner.)Sometimes I have to add a little olive oil to the souffle.The trick with the curls line is the products have to be applied to really wet hair(stylers).My hair is fine to med very curly and it is easily overmoisturized but it can get dry too.The souffle and cucumber combo works for me because its not too heavy.The shea moisture line has something very similar to the souffle its called organic coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie you can get this line at target(not all of them you have to check and see)I used the cucumbers as my leavein and it came out great I forgot to mention these are for wash and go's!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 19th July 2010, 1:47 am

The Kimmaytube leave-in mix has done wonders for my very picky, fine, coily hair. Here's the original recipe:

1 oz (about 2 tbsps) Kinky Curly Knot Today
2 tbsps aloe vera juice (with a pH of 4.0 or 4.5)
2 tsps castor oil
2 tsps jojoba oil
Mix well.

The recipe can be slightly altered to your hair's likes/needs, but this moisturizer/sealer has been very good to me, and the ingredients are easily accessible. The KCKT can be found at Whole Foods or Target, and the rest can be found at Whole Foods or any health food store. Check out the video.

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 19th July 2010, 3:09 am

karen's body beautiful - super silky (detangler/leave-in) and deep conditioner, as well as the hair mask
curl junkie - coffee coco curl creme (styler/leave-in)
qhemet biologics - cocoa detangling ghee (detangler/leave-in)
black castor oil - as a sealer, love it!

and my most recent discovery - komaza califa styling pudding...its for a tighter curl pattern but it elongates curls (just a little).

most of my suggestions come in sample sizes. however, from your description of your hair type, i think you may like the curl junkie coffee coco curl creme as it is not greasy nor does it have a heavy hold.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 19th July 2010, 11:33 am

Well Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I think I might go ahead and try the curls line. Which styler should i get? I'm also trying to pick up a Shampoo and leave in conditioner while i'm at target. Any suggestions on good cheap shampoo/conditioner. I use to leave in VO5 moisture milks but it broke me out,I think i'm allergic to it.

Thanks for all the advice

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 19th July 2010, 3:23 pm

1. As an alternative to the Curls line, Yes to Carrots or Cucumbers shampoo and conditioner. In addition, buy a very cheap ($1 or less) conditioner to buffer your hair when shampooing if you don't plan to cowash as a rule. You'll have to check the labels though. I am using White Rain Condish now. It's so cheap, it ain't got nothin' in it!!! (Go to Kimmaytube's channel and look at her shampoo/conditioning uploads - SummerRuby (pretty name!!!) left a link already to one of her vids.)

2. In fact, prepare to spend time with Youtube period. It has saved the lives of a lot of different types of curlies. There are plenty of fantastic 3 curlies on there.

3. You can just use Curls, they have a shampoo and conditioner. Try that and the Lavish curls Moisturizer. Then you can pick either the Goddess gel or the Creme Brulee to style. This is the simplest solution. Creme Brulee is richer. Hope this helps!

Last edited by swoodward on 19th July 2010, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 19th July 2010, 7:52 pm

Thanks swoodward. I know exactly what you mean about youtube. I'm on there faithfully. My husband says i'm obsessed about my hair. Thanks for the advice.I went to target and got the Curls goddess gel,Palmers coconut hair milk and Loreal everstrong sulfate free shampoo.So i'll be using that to see how it works

Thank You all for the advice.You helped me a lot

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down