CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Dating

+4
justicenga
moonchild
PaganWifey
preciouslady
8 posters

Go down

Online Dating Empty Online Dating

Post by preciouslady 16th July 2010, 7:49 pm

So I have been listening to the Steve Harvey Morning show and they have been talking about the online dating site Locate Your Love. They have sent people on dates and there have been a lot of success stories. SO, I would like to know if anyone has ever tried online dating or met a guy online? If so, was it a success? If not, would you consider trying it or have you thought about trying it?

Me personally, I have never tried it and don't think I will. I have thought about it but never persued it. I have heard a lot of crazy stories and a lot of success stories. The thought of possibly meeting my mate through an online dating site kinda makes me worry! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tell me what do you think about online dating?
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Online Dating Empty Re: Online Dating

Post by PaganWifey 16th July 2010, 8:33 pm

I met my husband on Myspace when they still had a Craigslist like section on there.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 17th July 2010, 4:24 pm

I have a lot of friends who have gotten married to people they met online. I'm doing it now, and am definitely meeting people I never would have otherwise. Of course there are a lot of crazies out there, so you have to be careful, just like you would in "real" life, but it's fun!

That said, it's kind of like a second job, b/c you have to send and reply to emails, spend time getting ready, tell your life story over and over... But if you aren't meeting a lot of people the way you've been going, it's worth a try.

Good luck!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 17th July 2010, 5:29 pm

@ PaganWifey, I didn't even know Myspace had that at anytime! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I was only on there for a short period of time anyway.

@ moonchild-sounds interesting but fun. I may have to give it a try. I have thought about it a few times and almost did it but I wasn't ready to pay up. It has become more even more popular now! Thanks.
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 17th July 2010, 5:43 pm

My husband and I met on BlackPeopleMeet.com
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 17th July 2010, 5:46 pm

Ok. This is encouraging news to my ears! It's good to hear the positive outcomes!
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 17th July 2010, 7:13 pm

Kimmaytube met her husband online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRrVkkVg5Y
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 17th July 2010, 7:57 pm

I don't see nothing wrong with online dating, it seems to be the same as regualr dating and a way of meeting others. I have some friends who have done it and had great outcomes. I personally havent done it and I'm not sure I would but I'm not against it either. You only live once girl! If you want to do it, go right ahead and you never know you might find that right one! Good luck if you decide to do it!
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 17th July 2010, 8:52 pm

I met my hunny online (Myspace). I checked out his page and loved what he had to say. He's a very conscious man on top of being attractive lol. I left a comment just commenting on something on his page...he responded...we continued chatting back and forth and the rest is history Smile Its crazy that I came across his profile to begin with...we lived like 30 minutes from each other. After talking to him for a while I just knew something was going to come of it. I was telling my best friend, "I love his mind" "He is so beautiful"...there was just so much about him that I was digging. I had to have him lol and I got him Smile By the way I wasn't the only one pursuing...We often debate on who was pursuing who harder lol I say he was, and he says I was.

I say all that to say, GO FOR IT! Just use common sense and be safe about it but heck yeah, DO IT!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 17th July 2010, 11:39 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:Kimmaytube met her husband online: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRrVkkVg5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRrVkkVg5Y[/quote[/url]]

I watched it and it's very informative and cute! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 17th July 2010, 11:49 pm

Napp, I'm not against it either, just not sure if I would actually do it. Besides, I'm not ready to date anyone else right now anyway. I need to completely get rid of and get my mind off an old fling. But at least I do know that I have other options rather than the traditional way of meeting someone.

African Latina, I'm just not quite ready to do it. But when I am, trust me, I'm going for it! Sounds like fun! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 19th July 2010, 3:37 pm

There's too many good free sites out there to pay for it. And yeah I met my DH back in 2005 so it's been a minute.

The main thing is to be safe. First date is in public, you let someone know when and where you're going and you transport yourself. You show up and he wasn't 100% honest and you're out.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by shar 28th July 2010, 10:13 pm

Im in one now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He's from England and im from the caribbean.. its not that hard u know! i am a very patient person.. plus he came here in easter and i saw him for the first time in person! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So i say online dating is awesum ^_^

shar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down