CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

+8
deeply_rooted_chick
lumii
Ladybug83
cluelesscurl
Curly1
rayray19
SwirlyCurls90
Janique
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video Empty Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

Post by Janique 27th October 2010, 9:33 am

This video is amusing but when you think about it it's sad. And some of the comments under the video were like "why black woman act like this. That's why I could only date a mixed girl. They don't have these black girl mentalities"

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhp5W72q7z7z8308q9
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video Empty Re: Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

Post by SwirlyCurls90 27th October 2010, 10:03 am

I saw this yesterday on a friend's fb page and the comments it got were very offensive. Yeah it's funny, but the concept is pretty sad.
If you think this is bad, try watching "Baracka Flocka Flame". Now that is some offensive stuff.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video Empty Re: Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

Post by Janique 27th October 2010, 10:21 am

Yes I did watch the Baracka Flocka Flame video the other day. I was like woooooowwwwwwww
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 27th October 2010, 12:02 pm

yea i just watched Baracka Flocka Flame too and yea talk about offensive..that video is a shame
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 27th October 2010, 12:34 pm

Hi all I'm new to the site but this sounds interesting. I'm going to view this "Baracka Flocka Flame" video.
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 27th October 2010, 1:23 pm

DAMN DAAMN DAAAMN (in my florida evans voice)
This foolywang needs to stop.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 27th October 2010, 2:17 pm

@Curly1 Welcome to the forum!
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 27th October 2010, 2:26 pm

@Janique thank you! I'm happy to have found this wonderful site! Curlynikki is the Business! woot!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 27th October 2010, 4:13 pm

My curiosity really gets me into trouble sometimes. I just attempted to watch the Baracka Flocka Flame video only because I'd never heard of it before. I say attempted because I didn't even make it a third of the way through. We've gotta do better. They should be ashamed of themselves Mad

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 27th October 2010, 4:19 pm

This question is for any of the ladies who already watched the Baracka video. What in the world are they doing or saying on the video?
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 27th October 2010, 4:38 pm

I honestly do not know too many black women who are like the one portrayed in the video...
Anyhow the Baracka Flocka Flame video is just ... do not even know what to say! i usually don'T waste my time watching such stuff and I just turned it off after a minute
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 27th October 2010, 4:58 pm

Ok I've gotten the jist of what this video is about. BS about black women!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 27th October 2010, 6:14 pm

Haha this video is hilarous!
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 27th October 2010, 7:49 pm

Curly1 wrote:This question is for any of the ladies who already watched the Baracka video. What in the world are they doing or saying on the video?
It's supposed to be a parody of Waka Flocka's video for a song called Hard in the Paint. It's supposed to be funny, but it's really just sad, embarrassing, and degrading. Very disrespectful to the president and to all African Americans. Smh.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 27th October 2010, 8:18 pm

This video is truly sad. I think that all videos that portray either the black woman or man in such a bad light is disgraceful and only fans the flames between us. Most educated persons know that the stereotypes given to the balck m/f arn't true but there will always be some idiots who will post comments proving their ignorance. Then we wonder why other races don't respect us when we can't respect each other.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 28th October 2010, 12:31 am

Ugh. I seen this video the other day and it makes me sick! I don't act like the stereotypical black woman and I'm tired of being compared to it. Its like we have to prove ourself extra hard just so we don't get put in that category. This is why black people can't get anywhere. We're too busy bashing each other. SMH
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 28th October 2010, 1:15 am

NaturalSinceBirth wrote:Ugh. I seen this video the other day and it makes me sick! I don't act like the stereotypical black woman and I'm tired of being compared to it. Its like we have to prove ourself extra hard just so we don't get put in that category. This is why black people can't get anywhere. We're too busy bashing each other. SMH

Agreed! Unity is the only way we'll get anywhere, but with bs like this, it seems pretty far off smh. And btw I'm from Michigan too! Michigan weather and natural hair don't mix for me lol. It's always so unpredictable!

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 28th October 2010, 2:28 am

I've been seeing this all over FB. I don't find it funny at all. I hate when people try to categorize one race of people. It's ridiculous...let the stereotypes live on. Rolling Eyes
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th October 2010, 8:12 am

I find it funny because she keeps picking these weird examples and he keeps shooting it down with logic. Everyime someone says "Mmmm I would ____ Lil Wayne." I basically say the same thing to them. And the times I had to do this was with white girls not black so I didnt even have a black girl in mind even though that is what the video was doing.

Other than that I dont really take offense to it because really the video is a retaliation. "There are good black men it's just there are some crazy black women" and after he even finds that she is crazy he says "I'm not leaving black women I'm leaving you."

I think the person at least tried to be unbiased so I'll give it to em.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 28th October 2010, 9:08 am

I guess the stereotype in this video was for some of the black women who will turn down a guy who has their head on straight for a thug who will treat them bad. I have a friend like this...she doesn't say anything straight out like in this video, but the guys she chooses are thugs and they are no good. She's actually "mixed" with white in back. So much for mixed girls not having those views.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 28th October 2010, 9:58 am

There's a response video to the original one....Dating the Modern Day Black Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFneIlFXPEk&feature=player_embedded
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 28th October 2010, 10:53 am

ok I was off on this I thought this was about bashing black women for some reason. I seen the video last night and it does sterotype us as black women amongst other BS.
I don't think it would be so bad to laugh at our selves and our situations sometimes as to lighten things up if it wasn't for the fact that these stereotypes (Unjustly place on us as a people) and situations (Real and very sad) that we as minorities constanly deal with.

If it wasn't for these unfair sterostypes and situations we could laugh at such a parody even if it was the President that is the butt of the joke. Now I could give a damn about our former Pres. Bush but look how good thay got his a**! lol They dogged him out with jokes! But no one got up and arms about it too much because @ the end of the day he is going to be alright and doesn't face the same reality as our black President. So I can see why this is kinda touchy for a lot of people.
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 28th October 2010, 10:59 am

@curly 1 I agree... It's one thing to have a stereotype, but if it's something negative and is constantly placed on us, it comes to a point where it becomes offensive. I don't really get offended at stuff like this because I'm like well I know that's not me. I know I don't act like that.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th October 2010, 11:10 am

Janique wrote:There's a response video to the original one....Dating the Modern Day Black Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFneIlFXPEk&feature=player_embedded

Ahhhh the whole time she said "we have children together and I talk to your mom more than you do." I wanted to pull my hair out. Why didn't you get the ring before any of this happened to make sure he was committed. I'm not saying it is her fault but I hate stories like this. And the guy is definitely doing what a lot of the players do. Good thing I know how to pick em out.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 28th October 2010, 11:12 am

I refuse to ever have children outside the bounds of marriage. It's sort of a reassurance that the man will be there for the long haul if he's willing to commit to marriage.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next