CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair

5 posters

Go down

I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair Empty I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair

Post by Morshaye 14th July 2010, 11:40 pm

Hello ladies

Something was on my mind, so I thought I would tell you all about it. I feel like I am pregnant again. Let me explain myself. You know how when you are pregnant, people think it is a free invitation to invade your personal space and touch your belly? Well that's how I feel now that I'm natural. People always touch my hair. It kind of pisses me off. The last thing I need is someone putting a dent in my 'fro. I just find it to be rude. They don't even ask first, they just go in with an open palm and get to squeezing. Have any of you ladies had this experience? If so, how do you feel about it.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair Empty Re: I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair

Post by krissyc39 15th July 2010, 1:42 am

Some people go for the hair but it's usually coupled with "I love your hair it looks so amazing" so I let them in it for maybe a second or two. Their treat for complimenting me I guess Razz

People for the most part keep their hands to theirselves but if it started happening more often I'd have to let some people have it LOL!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair Empty Re: I feel pregnant again - don't worry, I am talking about hair

Post by krys419 15th July 2010, 1:49 am

Please feel happy.

I found myself going for the guys with locks and i didn't really know why. I would always end up feeling on their roots when I was next to them though (of course I was allowed to).

It just feels so soft and fluffy. That is what made me transition for this last time. So I can squeeze on my own juicy roots and not be sad when I feel my dead perm.

So believe me they just love your hair. Sometimes what is different is seen as ugly and other times it is seen as precious. I understand it can be annoying but it is their way of complimenting you. There have been a few times I have seen a white guy with poofy bbouncy long curls and coils and i just wanted to grab it because it looked so pretty liek wool. i controlle dmyself.

matter of fact you need to put these people in line because I just imagined how I would feel if some uninvited hands went to my head. OH NO. Yes just correct them in a nice way. Say please don't do that, expecially if its a stranger

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 15th July 2010, 10:18 am

I'm the exact opposite! I actually encourage people to grab & touch my nappy goodness! Too many years slapping hands away from my weaves has given me the ability to enjoy & welcome the curious & the touchy-feely..lol
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 15th July 2010, 11:50 am

Hello ladies
Thanks for the feedback. But you all are right, it is a compliment, most of the time. But one time someone touched my hair, without permission, and then said, "Oh, it is soft." It was more of an accusation than a compliment. I thought that was weird. But maybe, just maybe, I can be a little more patient with some people. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th July 2010, 12:36 am

I don't mind as long as they ask. Reach up with out permission and you are on your own!! Neutral
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down