CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking about hair

+14
Amy V.
QuietButterfly
PanaR3dd
oooop2
Annapolitan
4EverNatural
MeMyHair&theCity
Lynnieluve
MzLaLaRochelle
poeticlyspkng
DreamMerchant
CurlsGalore
Napp_Napp_Cat
curlybarbi48
18 posters

Go down

Talking about hair Empty Talking about hair

Post by curlybarbi48 20th June 2010, 6:44 pm

I absolutely love talking about my hair, and giving advice to other naturals [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Luckily I have some natural friends who like talking about their hair as well. Do you find yourself talking about your hair a lot?
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Talking about hair Empty Re: Talking about hair

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 20th June 2010, 7:35 pm

YESSSS!!! I thought that I was getting obsessed with it lol! I just love it and I think it's because I want to continue to learn more about my hair in general and I LOVE IT hehe! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 20th June 2010, 9:28 pm

All the time!!! I feel like it can potentially become an obsession, but I can't help it! If you ask me, I'll talk about it!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 20th June 2010, 9:33 pm

I will go overboard when someone wants to discuss my hair! I have to hold my tongue sometimes just so that I do not come off as arrogant or something!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 12:39 pm

You know I find myself talking hair even when I don't feel like it! For the last week, the humidity has been so horrible that my hair has suffered and I found myself doing it more often than usual. That said- I wasn't taking pics, or discussing it. But when I go in a store, inevitably, some one who is transitioning comes and asks me how I styled my hair and asks for product recommendations... This happened twice while I was in the container store yesterday. It was kind of funny actually. Our own hair is the FREE accessory everyone wants, but are often too afraid to try for themselves.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 21st June 2010, 1:32 pm

I talk about hair soooo much that I get scared that I'll come off as a know-it-all, too @DreamMerchant! I thank God for the random naturals (newbies & oldies) that come up to me asking about my hair; they allow me to spill some of this hair knowledge so I'm not overflowing..lol I think the best advice I've given them is to make sure they do their own research because what techniques/products/regimens that work for me may not yield the same results for them.
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st June 2010, 1:43 pm

Yes!!!! Sometimes I wonder do people think I am crazy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 21st June 2010, 1:48 pm

I am ABSOLUTELY a constant hair talker! I have found that since being natural more people initiate hair conversations with me; relaxed and natural.

Either way, I love to talk about it!
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 21st June 2010, 2:28 pm

ABSOLUTELY....I have to catch myself because I can go on and on about products and styles....I had to realize that some people don't care...lol

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Annapolitan 21st June 2010, 3:28 pm

Yes! Esp. since I stopped relaxing, my hair tends to be a conversation starter. There was one girl at work with natural hair when I stopped... now there are two in addition to her and me. Lots of talk, although none of us (except the first girl) are really experienced so it's mostly just exchanging what we've heard works lately.

Annapolitan

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 21st June 2010, 9:10 pm

Ladies, I am constantly talking to someone about hair. After I BC'd, four of my choir members did it shortly after me. They come to me for advice and ask about what products I'm using and what they should use, etc. I have really educated myself from all of the blogs (especially this one), and YouTube, but I also don't want to come off as arrogant or a know-it-all. But, if someone asks, I'll talk! Also, a lot of relaxed ladies would love to go natural, but they are scared. I always tell them that I was scared also, and I didn't know what I was getting into until I took the plunge, but I wouldn't change a thing for the world!

One thing I try not to do is pass judgment on relaxed ladies. They have to make this decision and take this journey for themselves. Personally, I don't care if their relaxed or natural. It's all good to me![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 22nd June 2010, 12:25 am

Yes..But only when directly asked. If I wear my hair a certain way, folks will ask me how I did it. If I start getting blank stares, I just write down the names to the forums and tell them to start reading..LOL
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 22nd June 2010, 2:39 am

yeah i sure do& i can't help it..today my mother told me maybe i should write a book because every time she talks to me i'm talking about my hair..i think that was her way of telling me to shutup lol..but hey i love my hair so i don't mind talking about it...and omg if someone ask me how i did a certain style its a rap because i'm never going to be quiet..funny part is i'm usually a really quiet person lol
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 22nd June 2010, 3:02 am

Oh yeah, I definitely talk about my hair alot!! LOL, especially if someone asks me a question.....its all over for you, and I'm generally a quiet person.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy V. 22nd June 2010, 7:34 pm

Oh yeah!! I talk about my hair all the time: how it's feeling today, how i want it to feel, new products i want, when i'm going to wash it next, etc., etc.... my mom gets sick of it and my brother makes fun of me for it. my sister secretly adopts (some of) my hair practices lol
Amy V.
Amy V.

http://avbeautycentral.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd June 2010, 8:11 pm

I've been talking about my hair a lot lately because I've been trying to figure out a way to get it healthy. I love to just read many of the posts on this site so I can learn more. I have a few friends that are going natural so perhaps I will be talking about my hair much more.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd June 2010, 9:40 am

yeah, i talk about hair a bunch. in fact, my friends say that i am obsessed about ingredients, etc, but i don't see what they are saying (no, really, i don't see what they are saying).
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 23rd June 2010, 9:57 am

I do. But only if someone else initiates the conversation. I'm worse on the internet though. I'm sure I'm driving all of my Twitter people crazy with my #naturalhair hashtags. lol

I also take A LOT of pictures of myself.
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 25th June 2010, 11:16 am

Yes, I want to talk about my hair way too much!!!!! We need to get some curly nikki cards made, that already have the website printed on them, for when people ask us stuff about hair but we really don't have time to get into the nuts and bots of it.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down