CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just don't feel like doing my hair today

+23
thatmochagirl
Furlie
HAMPTONSFNST
splitsun
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
moonchild
Chef Lucy
LadyV69
luvinlife225
soultressnicky
LadyMika
BrownSkinDiva
Ekaette
hayylee
Poundcake921
Muz
CocaColaCutie
sweetdrk1
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
labon10
Neems
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I just don't feel like doing my hair today Empty I just don't feel like doing my hair today

Post by Neems 4th May 2010, 1:21 pm

Have you ever just gotten fed up with doing your hair? Seriously, can't I just walk out the house with bed hair? Sometimes, the spraying, un-twitsting and fluffing in front of the mirror gets annoying. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my hair; but sometimes I just want her to style herself. What do you curlies think?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I just don't feel like doing my hair today Empty Re: I just don't feel like doing my hair today

Post by labon10 4th May 2010, 1:56 pm

I hear you!!

labon10

Back to top Go down

I just don't feel like doing my hair today Empty Re: I just don't feel like doing my hair today

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th May 2010, 2:18 pm

I have those days too! I also had them when I was relaxed. And it's OK!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 4th May 2010, 3:13 pm

Thank -you!! I was planning to do a twist-out this morining and didn't feel like unraveling everything so I went to work with my hair in twists with some pearls earrings and a crisp white blouse, lol.
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 4th May 2010, 3:15 pm

yeah, i have those days when my hair is out...and is part of the reason why i opt for twists 97.5% of the time
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th May 2010, 3:17 pm

Ditto kid!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 3:31 pm

yup..that's what twists are for! great lazy day hair style.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th May 2010, 4:08 pm

Totally had those days, in my fully relaxed days my hair would just end up in a raggedy ponytail. Since I've been transitioning, I only do my hair once a week, and whatever I do to it tends to last like the whole week so I just get up, fluff, and go. LOL

Truthfully, part of the reason I'm excited to BC is so I can do WNGs which is even LESS work than what I've been doing as a transitioner. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 4th May 2010, 11:00 pm

yes I feel ure pain...especially when it doesnt come out the way I want it to you...i have already reached a small plateau...3 month anniversary is coming in 5 days!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 5th May 2010, 4:30 am

I've had the same thoughts, then I wore my hair straight for about 3 weeks and by week 2 I was having the same problems with my straight hair. Crying or Very sad
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 5th May 2010, 8:22 am

On these days a wash and go puff is my best friend
Or if I'm really lazy I'll just spray the puff part with my water/leave in mix and fluff it up and go
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th May 2010, 9:24 am

Its definitely okay...I had them when I was relaxed as well, but when youre relaxed its actually the norm, cuz if you wrap your hair at night all you gotta do is unwrap it in the morning and its done!!

We all have those days hon...im bunning my hair up this week cuz i dont feel like doing it!! lol
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th May 2010, 9:54 am

I don't have that much hair, but when I don't feel like wearing it out I throw a head wrap on. Still trying to get the hang of the Nefertiti head wrap though. Mine keeps falling apart/coming out lopsided. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soultressnicky 5th May 2010, 11:13 am

Yes I hear you... LOL feeling like that this week... Ponytail here I come... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
soultressnicky
soultressnicky

Back to top Go down

Post by luvinlife225 5th May 2010, 11:15 am

Neems wrote:Thank -you!! I was planning to do a twist-out this morining and didn't feel like unraveling everything so I went to work with my hair in twists with some pearls earrings and a crisp white blouse, lol.

And I know you were lookin mighty fierce! That's the awesome thing about natural hair. On the days I feel like doing nothing with it I make it into a puff, accesorize and go on about mine and wouldn't you know that's when I get the most compliments? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by luvinlife225 on 5th May 2010, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture problem)
luvinlife225
luvinlife225

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 5th May 2010, 11:15 am

It's normal. I also had those days when I was relaxed too, but the only option I had was to wear a limp ponytail.

When you're natural, if you're lazy, I've noticed there's a few more options. Ponytails, buns, puffs and wash n' goes are good lazy options. I've been doing wash n' goes for over a week myself. On the days I don't wash my hair, I just spritz my hair with a mix of water and Wonder 8 oil, fluff for two minutes and go.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 5th May 2010, 12:47 pm

@luvinlife225 You're funny. The options are pretty enless, though. I've learned that wash n go's are a no-go for me unless I want knots and extreme shrkage. If anybody knows a way to avoid it please let me know,lol.
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by luvinlife225 5th May 2010, 12:52 pm

Well Neems, I can't help you there as I have the same problem so I'll be looking for an answer with ya. LOL
luvinlife225
luvinlife225

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Lucy 5th May 2010, 12:56 pm

LadyMika wrote:I don't have that much hair, but when I don't feel like wearing it out I throw a head wrap on. Still trying to get the hang of the Nefertiti head wrap though. Mine keeps falling apart/coming out lopsided. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I second that. Head wraps are the awesomest (I know, that's not a word LOL) Especially since I only have like 1 inch of hair...head wraps are my 1-minute hair "style" when I feel lazy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 6th May 2010, 12:12 am

For me, it's at night when I'm tired and have to twist up so I don't look crazy the next morning. If anyone has a solution to that, let me know!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 6th May 2010, 12:42 am

Chef Lucy wrote:
LadyMika wrote:I don't have that much hair, but when I don't feel like wearing it out I throw a head wrap on. Still trying to get the hang of the Nefertiti head wrap though. Mine keeps falling apart/coming out lopsided. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I second that. Head wraps are the awesomest (I know, that's not a word LOL) Especially since I only have like 1 inch of hair...head wraps are my 1-minute hair "style" when I feel lazy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I never thought of a head wrap. I work in a conservative all white office. I couldn't even get away with wearing dressy capris if I tried, so I don't know about a head wrap. I may just try it though. What kind do you use?

Last edited by Neems on 6th May 2010, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 6th May 2010, 12:43 am

Oh yea!!! Definitely feeling you on that. I'm feeling that right now...I keep pushing my wash day further back. It's in a puff until I get motivated.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Lucy 6th May 2010, 1:30 am

Neems wrote:
Chef Lucy wrote:

I never thought of a head wrap. I work in a conservative all white office. I couldn't even get away with wearing dressy capris if I tried, so I don't know about a head wrap. I may just try it though. What kind do you use?

I have a tan one that I bought from a BSS. But you can practically turn any (1yard length) scarf into a head wrap. I would suggest going with a solid black wrap, for the office. You can also try going to a fabric store, pick a fabric you like and ask them to cut you a yard (1 yard long & maybe 1.5 feet wide?). But I'm sure you can get away with it. If boss calls you out, just tell him/her it's part of your religion... end of conversation (usually...unless he begins to question you further, then you're on your own [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 6th May 2010, 7:32 am

Neems wrote:
Chef Lucy wrote:

I never thought of a head wrap. I work in a conservative all white office. I couldn't even get away with wearing a dressy capris if I tried so I don't know about a head wrap. I may just try it though. What kind do you use?

I'm a fan of the headwrap! Very convenient and stylish.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 6th May 2010, 2:28 pm

Update, I did my hair this morning!! I wore it in a twist-out this morning but by the time lunch rolled around, I looked like a mad-woman. Hair was poofy and flying everywhere. Arggh, thank goodness I had some side combs and bobby pins handy. This is why I wonder if makes sense to even bother sometimes.
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next