CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Oz says stop damaging your hair

+17
BeautifullyFree
snappynappy
Armywife
ChiChi10
DarlingCocoa
naturallydestined
divadr175
afroness
NubieNatty
CocoEuro
natural83
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
NikG20
Erica5417
dajewel
AfrikanLatina
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dr. Oz says stop damaging your hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr. Oz says stop damaging your hair

Post by SighSidhe 15th May 2010, 3:54 am

dr oz is pretty epic sometimes
i haven't had a perm in ten years and i knew that it melted your hair, but seein that brush hella disintergrate like that..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and that poor baby.. her mother is crazy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SighSidhe
SighSidhe

Back to top Go down

Dr. Oz says stop damaging your hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr. Oz says stop damaging your hair

Post by SisterBoyd 15th May 2010, 3:57 pm

I've seen this video before and its still crazy to me. What is funny to me is that the lady who dipped the brush should have already known the effects of perm. Look at her edges and her hair was paper thin. We have so many issues with self-hatred that we would think that that was the way to go.

I can't even think about the 20 month old baby...
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 15th May 2010, 4:22 pm

This was my first time seeing the video, Dr.Oz hit it right on the mark. That poor paintbrush and baby. I wish more people would understand that relaxers and dyes are serious chemicals. The flat iron cooking an egg was really freaky. Now I get why someone suggested I use my flat iron to get some wrinkles out of a shirt!
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 15th May 2010, 11:31 pm

The whole thing is crazy though. I keep thinking of the corsets so tight in the 19th century women would pass out, lead makeup in the 16th century for smooth-looking, white skin, neck rings that force the collarbones down at an angle.

Women have issues. In the case of relaxers it's a double whammy because of the social ramifications and the fact that we lose our hair in an attempt to match a standard. Thank goodness a lot of women seem to be coming out of it . Straight hair is a style after all that can be achieved without lye and the lie of no-lye relaxers.

What about those poor women getting the keratin treatments. If I am right, keratin doesn't liquefy easily. So they use formaldehyde it help it along. To me, that's just as offensive as lye. Wait - formaldehyde probably damages you quicker. Yikes.

Thanks for the vid AfrikanLatina!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2