CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting highlights, any suggestions?

+4
Juices-n-Berries
C.
jlowman1
curlista
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

getting highlights, any suggestions? Empty getting highlights, any suggestions?

Post by curlista 11th July 2010, 9:11 pm

i have dark brown hair (very dark) and a little natural redness through the top. i've been looking for something i would like and so far i have come up with these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

getting highlights, any suggestions? Empty Re: getting highlights, any suggestions?

Post by curlista 11th July 2010, 10:44 pm

BUMP!
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

getting highlights, any suggestions? Empty Re: getting highlights, any suggestions?

Post by jlowman1 11th July 2010, 10:47 pm

I wanna highlight when I hit my 1 yr mark so I'll be watching this thread!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 12th July 2010, 12:00 am

nice pictures, i like them both but i would go with the Jlo just because it looks more natural and subtle (kinda sun-kissed like it was naturally lightened by the sun). to me the color in rosario's hair is nice, but it doesnt look as well blended as Jlo's or as natural

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 12th July 2010, 12:19 am

Thanks Cassie! Do you have any other suggestions for good pics of people/celebrities with highlights?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 12th July 2010, 2:24 am

I agree! I like the JLo look best. Also check out Christina Milian. I think she has or had at some point nice highlights and sort of goes with the Latin vibe you've got going. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 12th July 2010, 12:05 pm

Thanx Juices-n-Berries! And i didn't even notice the latin vibe until i looked at all the pics lol, Rosario just kept popping up when i searched brunette and highlights
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 12th July 2010, 2:49 pm

BUMP
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 12th July 2010, 4:55 pm

I don't have any suggestions. I see you are in Raleigh. Who are you getting to do your highlights?
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 12th July 2010, 5:58 pm

Well I go to school in Raleigh but I'm actually from Georgia, so I'm home for the summer. I'll get them done by my usual beautician.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 12th July 2010, 7:05 pm

So, I've decided I like these two photos:

Which do you like better?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by tnictay 12th July 2010, 7:16 pm

I want highlights too! I like pic #2.

tnictay

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th July 2010, 9:25 pm

This is hard but I'd say pic #2.

1 if you want something a little more subtle or 2 if you wanna just dive right into it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 13th July 2010, 11:02 pm

Thanks for the advice jlowman1, I was thinking the same. I just don't know if i want the more dramatic look (#2) since it's my 1st time getting highlights.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 14th July 2010, 12:30 am

BUMP
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 14th July 2010, 1:23 am

I like #1. I thought about getting highlights too. I'm going home to Chapel Hill in a few days so I was thinking about going to the Aveda salon.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 15th July 2010, 7:45 pm

Thanks justicenga Very Happy
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 17th July 2010, 8:20 pm

So two votes for #2 and 1 vote for #1.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 30th November 2010, 8:11 pm

I know this is REALLY late lol but I forgot to update you guys on the color I got so here it is:

Still kind of getting used to it but I like it Very Happy
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 1st December 2010, 12:34 am

oohh, now that I absolutely LOVE. What color/s did you get? I think my natural color is similar to yours, dark brown w/ some natural red (not much tho). I've been wanting to dye/highlight my hair but i'm too scared.

Last question [promise], how does the color look when you hair is curly? Can you see the highlights?

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 1st December 2010, 1:12 am

Thank you! Smile And actually I didn't get a specific "color", she said the dye she used "picks up the lighter tones in your hair and magnifies that" So, the reddish brown and caramel color I already had (naturally) was just brought out throughout. Now idk how much of that was true lol but it worked, the mix she used was white (no specific color). I can ask her the brand though if you like?

And yes it's very noticeable lol, when she did the color she let it sit for a bit & blend somewhat when she shampooed. So overall my whole head is more of a milk chocolate brown now, in addition to the highlights.I like that the color gives it more depth now too, before my head was just kinda of a big brown blob lol.

Last edited by curlista on 1st December 2010, 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 1st December 2010, 1:12 am

Sorry I was so long-winded lol.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 1st December 2010, 9:39 am

lol, that's cool. I feel you on the 'brown blob' thing, I usually don't mind it , but sometimes it just looks too boring and blah.

I don't know if I'm ready for my whole head to be dyed tho. I'll probably just start with some highlights or whatever the most temporary color dye is just to get an idea of how it would look on me.

I can ask her the brand though if you like?
please Very Happy

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 1st December 2010, 9:43 am

forgot to say: the reason i asked if you could see the color when curly was because I don't plan on wearing my hair straight often, if at all. I just wanna give my twist outs and fros a lil more depth and dimension.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 1st December 2010, 12:24 pm

I'll call and ask her for you and yea the color looks great on my curly hair. I'm away at school so 90% of the time my hair is curly so yea it looks good on my twistouts (i rarely take the time to straighten lol) It did loosen my curl a bit but it doesn't bother me and I do DC more just because I know how color can be on the hair but that's about it.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next