CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning

3 posters

Go down

DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning Empty DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning

Post by chynadoll8799 8th July 2010, 5:12 pm

Hi ladies,
I have never met anyone with hair the same color and type as mine. I am hoping to find SOMEONE here with natural hair like mine. I am really REALLY wanting to transition but my natural hair is VERY difficult to manage (from what I remember from about 25 years ago when mom used to rake through my "kitchen" as I'd yelp out in pain!). I have been told by various stylists thatmy color hair is always dry just becuase of its natural color.

It is also thick, and its long.

Does ANYONE have any advice about how to moisturize my hair as I transition?
anyone have thick, coarse sandy brown hair? Kinky in the back, wavy on top, and just plain ROUGHT around the edges?

advice please? thank you in advance.
I don't "think" my natural hair is curly or coily, but I honestly cant remember and wont know until it grows in.

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning Empty Re: DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning

Post by La Reina McMeanie 14th July 2010, 4:09 pm

I have been transitioning for over a month but I have extremely coarse hair. I recently just started co-washing. It has improved my texture very well. You should find a good organic natural shampoo and conditioner. Your conditioners should be moisturizing conditioners. And you should do a deep treatment once a week. Also after shampooing, conditioning, and treatment you need to seal in the moisture. Use a leave-in conditioner followed by coconut oil( I use), olive oil, castor oil or almond oil. A lil goes a long way. After applying an oil use a creme based moisturizer, I say use Shea butter. Once you find the right ingredients and create a routine you'll be fine. The products you buy shouldn't contain sulfate, paraben, petroleum,and lanolin. If you can't find shampoos or conditioners sulfate free, they have low-sulfate ones. They have great products at www.swansonvitamins.com. The prices are great and shipping is always $4.99.

I wish you the best of luck, moisture moisture moisture once you figure out what works for your hair the texture will look and feel different.
La Reina McMeanie
La Reina McMeanie

http://Myblognoholdsbar.blogspot.com, Relationswiththeworld.blog

Back to top Go down

DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning Empty Re: DRY Sandy Brown hair blonde highlights transitioning

Post by chynadoll8799 14th July 2010, 8:43 pm

Thanks so much!
Last night I tried something new.
1. ACV rinse. I made my own "concoction" with 2 tbsp of acv and 2 tbsp of EVOO, and filled the rest of the water bottle with water.
2. low poo with organix coconut milk shampoo (it does have sulfate in it but i dont have anything in the house withOUT sulfate yet).
3. conditioned with organix coconut milk conditioner
4. organix coconut milk leave in conditioner.
5. organix coconut milk serum
6. twist out.

I LOVE the results but i REALLY wanna find a low to no sulfate shampoo.
My hair is MUCH shinier today, and it is VERY soft. The hubby and my sons (7 and 3) keep smelling mommy's hair!:-)
im just going to keep trying different regimens to see what works best:-)

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by La Reina McMeanie 14th July 2010, 10:53 pm

That's great, I'm sure you have a feeling of relief.
La Reina McMeanie
La Reina McMeanie

http://Myblognoholdsbar.blogspot.com, Relationswiththeworld.blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th July 2010, 2:31 am

br0nzeqt from YouTube. Check her out. I believe ya'll might have a similar type
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down