CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here and need suggestions

4 posters

Go down

New here and need suggestions Empty New here and need suggestions

Post by NhappyJackie 13th November 2009, 6:17 pm

Hey yall, I am so excited to be joining the world of natural ladies. I am officially doing the BC tomorrow. Although I'm not nervous about losing the length, I am a little anxious about learning how to care for my natural hair. I know it's pretty much trial and error, but I'm not even sure where to start. Right now I have vitamin E and shea butter at home because my baby has eczema. But that's it. The shampoo and condish I'm using right now dries out my natural hair and I will no longer be using them. My hair type is 4..something and very thick. I want to try and stay with all natural products, but I also don't want to spend a bus load of money trying and not liking. Not a product junkie at all. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Also, is TIGI Bed Head products considered natural?

TIA for your responses.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

New here and need suggestions Empty Re: New here and need suggestions

Post by lena73 13th November 2009, 8:26 pm

Welcome Jackie!

Well the only really "natural" "organic" products I have besides the shea butter is the Giovanni Direct Leave.
I love Aussie Moist - it may not be on the most natural list but I love it.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 13th November 2009, 8:53 pm

Hey and Congratulations on your upcoming BC!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have the Giovanni Leave-in, too and I love it. As well as their Tea Tree Triple Treat (is that the right order?) shampoo. Good stuff! Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner is very popular (and cheap!!), as is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. Your hair will get sooo soft with that one. For me, however, I didn't get a lot of slip for detangling, so it got used as a deep condish. I combined the TJ and AO togther while I was transitioning. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration condish is awesome, and while not natural it doesn't have a buttload of bad ingredients, either. I'm not sure TIGI products are natural. I've considered them but never looked at the ingredients in the store.

Oh, and I'm a type 4, too.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th November 2009, 6:37 pm

I did it... check my profile pic or my fotki http://public.fotki.com/JackieJones205/
Now I'm like...What's next!!!!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th November 2009, 8:37 pm

Jackie, Congratulations on your BC! It is so cute!!!!!
LOL @ the beauty school cut! Sorry but the look on your face was so funny. Ditto Lena! I love Aussie Moist Conditioner as a co wash! It smells good and makes my hair soft.

If I had to guess my hair type, I think I have them all. LOL! The left side is 4a. The top is 3c with lots of frizz and the right side is 4b. In the back near the nape, it is fine like baby hair. Even with all of that going on I love my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Here is my regimen -
Shampoo 2x a month or as needed
Co wash and deep condition 1x a week
I do an oil rinse 3-4x a month with EVOO
After I wash, I use Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioer and Coconut Oil
When I style it (two strand twist), I use ORS Twist and Lock Gel
I use my spritz everyday (water/veggie glycerin mix)

That's it!

You can check out my fotki if you like www.fotki.com/lynnieluve
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down