CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!! Empty Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!!

Post by litEteal 6th July 2010, 10:04 pm

Hi transitioners,

I'm new to this forum but I've been transitioning for over a year. I'm always had problems growing the hairline on the forehead of my hair but I thought by going natural I could avoid the breakage was happening all over my head. Well a year later and my hair growing beautifully except for the front. I've notice that my flakes are waay worst in the front of my hair and some of the flakes are bigger and sometimes they look like scabs plus the hair in the front keeps shedding and breaking. I'm really frustrated because i don't know what to do with my hair like styles and shampoos and creams i should have. NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Chantelle

p.s. If you need a picture i can take one to show you?!?!
litEteal
litEteal

Back to top Go down

Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!! Empty Re: Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!!

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 4:58 am

Sounds like a scalp problem. The best thing to do is go to a dermatologist.

If you can't do that, try Nizoral shampoo. I had seborrheic dermatitis (similar to dandruff but worse) for a while and that's what my dermatologist recommended. You can find Nizoral at Target or a drugstore. Try it for a month. After the flakes and itching are gone, the hair will most likely grow in thicker and healthier.

Only a doctor can tell you if seborrheic dermatitis is what's causing your problems, but here's some additional info:

http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/seborrhoeic-dermatitis.html

Good luck!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!! Empty Re: Need help with transitioning!! My hairline is short, itchy, with flakes!!HELP!!!!

Post by litEteal 27th July 2010, 8:47 pm

Thanks LittleOne!

I'm going out to try nizoral TODAY!!! and thanks for the link i'm going to as my doctor for a referral to see a dermatologist soon but at least I have some sort of idea of what I might have. Thank again!
litEteal
litEteal

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 28th July 2010, 5:13 pm

I don't think sebhorreheic dermatitis causes your hair to fall out (I have that condition) but I think psoriasis might....these scalp diseases fall under the same catergory. Nizoral really dried my hair out when I used it and seemed to make the problem worse.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 3rd August 2010, 8:48 pm

Yes, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis have similar symptoms...they both cause a flaky scalp and thin, maybe brittle hair. Unfortunately, Nizoral (or any other antifungal shampoo) would not be expected to help with psoriasis. That's why seeing a dermatologist can help you address the condition more quickly. It can be hard to distinguish between a bad case of seborrheic dermatitis and a mild case of psoriasis..but they do require different medications.

Medicated shampoos will be drying to your hair, because they are not formulated as conditioning shampoos. You have to follow up with a high quality conditioner.

litEteal - I hope your scalp is doing better!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by litEteal 14th August 2010, 5:32 pm

Any recommendations on a good conditioner or natural ingredients I can use to help as well? I was also told by my hair dresser to use Jamaican caster oil and silicea gel, has anyone used either of these things before and did they work?
litEteal
litEteal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down