CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Dryness and Frizz/Newbie

3 posters

Go down

2nd Dryness and Frizz/Newbie Empty 2nd Dryness and Frizz/Newbie

Post by JWash5 6th July 2010, 9:07 pm

Hi Ladies!! I am new to Curly Nikki and excited to be here. I have had natural hair since 2002. My profile picture is of my last flat iron about a month ago. Usually during the summer months, I would braid my hair and wear a weave or braids. I feel so liberated right now and very secure. I have tried Nikki's Princess Liea and one member's updo. I am hoping to figure out the chunky twist and go. If you will please help with natural styles, I will be most grateful. I have 3 little girls and they all have beautiful natural hair....I am great at styling and protecting their hair but not mine.

So.....my problem is the following.....I am having day 2 dryness and frizz. I am currently using Carol Daughter's and have been for the last 3 or 4 years. I had no idea that there were so many other products for natural hair around....I also find it very interesting that many on the forum use other awesome products besides CD. I am open to all opinions. Please remember I am a "newbie" so I haven't tried many products but plan to. (I am ordering the Henna on tomorrow. Yeah!!)

So, ladies.....please help a curly sister out. (Big smile)
JWash5
JWash5

Back to top Go down

2nd Dryness and Frizz/Newbie Empty Re: 2nd Dryness and Frizz/Newbie

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 5:12 am

The question of all questions! I have fine strands and the only way to get day 2 curl definition is to use gel. The problem is gel makes my hair hard and almost waxy feeling. Right now, my day 2 strategy is to smooth my hair as much as possible (with pure shea butter or castor oil), pin it up and tie it down. My day 2 hair is soft and moisturized, but not pretty curls. I don't think it's a matter of finding the right product either. Some women co-wash everyday in order to avoid the day 2 struggles.

LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 7th July 2010, 10:25 am

I have been transitioning since 9/09. My hair is 4a/b, fine texture, hates gels and loves protein. This weekend, after using Giovanni SAS to poo, SAS and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion as leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and sealed with castor oil. I had my first second day hair and it needs a little refreshing today.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down