CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A NATURAL RELAXER?

5 posters

Go down

A NATURAL RELAXER? Empty A NATURAL RELAXER?

Post by krys419 4th July 2010, 5:50 am

Well try it out and let me know iif this natural relaxer works for new growth!

Things You'll Need:

• Honey
  • Caramel
  • Lemon Juice
  • Virgin Olive Oil
  • Lite Beer (Optional)
    Step 1
    Add a cup of honey, 1/2 cup of caramel, 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup of lemon juice into a bowl. Mix it all together in the mixing bowl with a wooden spoon. It is very important that all the products are thoroughly mixed or else it will harden in your hair which you do not want. The olive oil in this natural hair relaxer will help give the hair shine. The lemon juice is used to help break down the root of the hair so that it relaxes. Lastly, the caramel and honey are the moisturizing properties, and actually helps to stretch the hair.

If the mixture is a little to sticky, adding 3 tablespoons of lite beer will soften it u

Step 2
    Part your hair into four sections. Apply the natural hair relaxer to each section not only on the new growth but all the hair. This ensures that both the new growth and previously relaxed hair are healthy and strong. Remember, this is a natural hair relaxer so applying it to new growth will not hurt it.

Step 3
    Leave the natural relaxer on for 20 minutes if you have fine hair, 40 minutes if medium hair, and 1 hour is coars hair.

Wash your hair out with a clarifying shampoo. Blow dry it out. You should be amazed with how straight your hair has become with the natural hair relaxer. Then style as desired with your flat or curling iron on a low setting.

• The longer you leave the product on, the better the results.
  • Just like an actual relaxer or perm, DO NOT scratch your hair before applying within 24 hours. Also do not do any rigorous brushing of the hair within 24 hours.

• krys419

Back to top Go down

A NATURAL RELAXER? Empty Re: A NATURAL RELAXER?

Post by Butterfly126 4th July 2010, 2:49 pm

Is this permanent? And does it loosen the curl pattern or completely straighten it?
    Butterfly126
    Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

A NATURAL RELAXER? Empty Butterfly

Post by krys419 4th July 2010, 11:35 pm

Oh no..Not permanent at all. I guess it's supposed to just loosen the curl to make the hair more manageable for styling...And less tangling...also to make it easier to straighten/blowdry

If you try it out let me know the results. I want to try it soon as well.

I hear whole milk helps loosen the curl as well.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 6th July 2010, 2:00 am

This is interesting. I would love to know how it turns out, but I don't see myself trying it lol
    Treece
    Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 6th July 2010, 7:26 pm

Aw well hopefully someone will eb the guinea pig and try it 1st! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 21st July 2010, 12:53 am

Found another natural relaxer
    They say women in Asia do this a lot

METHOD 1
    * For the first method all you have to do is mix the juice of a lime with about half a cup of coconut milk.
    * Let the solution sit for a few hours until a foam forms on top of the bowl. Scoop off that foam and apply it to your hair.
    * Leave it sit for a few hours and then wash your hair. The problem with this method is you end up wasting a lot of milk and lime. Also, the mixture you do apply to your head can break down, run off your hair, and not be as effective.

METHOD 2
    * A better way is to add 4Tbs lime juice and 1 tin of coconut milk to about 2Tbs olive oil and 1to3Tbs cornstarch.
    * Whisk all these ingredients together over a low heat until they form the consistency of a conditioner that you might find in a store. This ensures that it will stay on your head better. The olive oil also helps to keep your hair hydrated. Any leftover can be froze. Then wrap your hair up in a plastic shower cap for a few hours. Again, shampoo and moisturize as normal.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 21st July 2010, 7:06 pm

Has anyone tried this yet?? I'm kinda curious but still too skeptical to be the guinea pig lol
    tatertotz
    tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 21st July 2010, 10:38 pm

tatertotz I'll try the coconut one soon...cheaper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 22nd July 2010, 1:11 am

Hey krys315, These sound interesting (although I won't try them myself as I'm lovin' the kinks, curls, and waves). Can you please provide links to where you found these recipes (or tell us the sources if they're not online)? Thanks!
    Gado-Gado Gal
    Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 22nd July 2010, 1:22 am

These results are not permanent whatsoever. Just lasts until next wash

I don't recall the site for 1st one, but I just googled "natural relaxer honey" and it popped up

Coconut one I saw on a black hair forum. i don't remember which. Sorry!

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 22nd July 2010, 3:13 am

Gado-Gado Gal
    Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down