CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer

+2
Madeaj
simplysloan
6 posters

Go down

Jamaican Mango & Lime  Transition Natural  No More Relaxer Empty Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer

Post by simplysloan 24th March 2011, 9:55 pm

I was at Sally's the other day and saw this:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/new-growth-creme/SBS-175205,es,pd.html
They also have a whole line dedicated to people transitioning.

Only in a kit. And wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it.

"Jamaican Mango & Lime
Transition Natural
No More Relaxer-New Growth (Thermo control Serum)

Heat Activated-Does not Break Hair Bonds like relaxer, Maximum Detangling (1 Application that lasts up to 2 months)

Kit Contains-1 Jamaican Mango & Lime no more relaxer new growth thermo control serum 4 oz
1-Naturalizing and Detangling Shampoo 2 oz
Naturalizing and Sealing Leave in Conditioner 2 oz
gloves, instruction pamphet

No More Relaxer New Growth Thermo Control Serum Ingredients
Delonized water, Oxoacetimide Carbocystene, oxoacetimideamino acids, glycerine, knojac manan & polyquaternium 37, aloe extract, garacilaria extract, honey. marigold extract, papaya extract, kiwi extract, sweet almond extract, polysorbate20, imidizolidinyl

Shampoo Ingredients
Delonized water, paraffinum liquidum, acrylamidopropyltrimonium chlride, peg 33 and peg 8 dimethicone, polyquaternium 32 and parafinum liquidum, dmdm haydantoin, fragrance, aloe extract, garacilaria extract, honey, marigold extract, sweet almond extract, mongo extract, amia oil, sea grape extract

Conditioner Ingredients
Delonized water, cocamidopropyl betaine, ammonium lauryl sulfate, concamide Dea, peg 75, lanolin, acrylamidopropyltrimonium chloride, polyquaternium 10 and peg 14, polyquaternium 7, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance, aloe extract, gracilaria extract, honey, marigold extract, kiwi extract, sweet almond extract, mango extract, lime extract, amia oil, argan oil, sea grape extract

New Growth Thermo Control serum is a styling system that is designed to help soften, condition, loosen, and manage new growth. As you transition from relaxed hair to natural, the no more relaxer thermo control serum will help you maintain the new growth while you grow out your relaxer.

There is versatility and style in the pursuit of the ultimate in natural hair care. Transition naturals contain an ancient blend of nourishing natural herbs, fruit essence and plant extract discovered in the fertile hills of Jamaica. This technology elongates the hair bond for easier combining by creating a temporary shift in the structure of the hair. Bonds are not broken as they are with a relaxer, therefore your hair never loses its natural curl pattern. We have developed the perfect system to maintain and style hair that is in transition from relaxed to natural."

simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Jamaican Mango & Lime  Transition Natural  No More Relaxer Empty Re: Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer

Post by Madeaj 25th March 2011, 9:34 am

I am suspicious of anything with ingredients I can't find information on. Very Happy I never tried it, so I can't say it does or does not work. However, before using anything new that makes claims like these I'd some extensive research on the ingredients from an independent source. Like cosmetic encyclopedia or chemistry reference books at the library. Sometimes a company will use an obscure name of a well-known harsh chemical to confuse buyers into using their products.

Last edited by Madeaj on 25th March 2011, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a word)
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Jamaican Mango & Lime  Transition Natural  No More Relaxer Empty Re: Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer

Post by freckledmom4 25th March 2011, 10:53 am

I looked at this on Sally's website. The thing that scares me is that there is a neutralizing shampoo and that it is sold in a kit which to me screams "RELAXER." I would be very cautious when using this line. As madeaj mentioned a lot of ingredients on the top half are suspicious even though the bottom half of ing. are seeminly good for hair. Should you try it, let us know how it turns out.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 25th March 2011, 11:37 am

I agree with Madeaj and Freckedmom4, anything with in my opinion that is going to chemically "treat" or alter your natural hair texture and that polyquaternium-37 is found in some relaxers just an fyi...make sure to research it before using it especially the ingredients.
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th March 2011, 2:26 pm

Ok so they are offering to further "naturlize" your already natural hair? That sounds su and spect... Neutral
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 25th March 2011, 2:52 pm

I agree, this does sound a tad suspect. Boy they sure didn't waste no time to get a jump on a "new" dynamic.
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down