CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair

5 posters

Go down

Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair Empty Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair

Post by swt_sunny 3rd July 2010, 4:26 pm

Hi ladies -

Just joined the forum and am loving it so far! Everyone is extremely helpful and I've learned a lot thus far (6.5 months into my transition). Sooo, I just received Qhemet's Alma & Olive heavy cream in the mail. I used it a few times and I seem to be getting some sort of reaction to the ingredients. Not an intense reaction - but something in it irritates my hair a little. I even tried some on one of my legs after reading that you can use it as a body butter and the same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do you rate the Burdock Root butter (might attempt to try this, as it seems lighter & maybe it won't irritate me)? Any suggestions for a daily moisturizer to help w/ dry hair (at one point I used Elasta mango butter, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore).

I hate to have wasted the $$ on a full size jar - otherwise I guess I'll have attempt to swap or sell it.

Thanks all! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair Empty Re: Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair

Post by jlowman1 3rd July 2010, 7:56 pm

I have the A&O. I'm putting it up until the winter time, its just too heavy for me to use in the summer. The Burdock is thick too, maybe not as heavy as the A&O but still pretty thick. It may work as a good moisturizer. I used it for a wash and go and it left me kinda greasy. I may have been too heavy handed with it.

My suggestion would be to try Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer : http://beemineproducts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=23

Its the best moisturizer I've used since I've been natural (6 months). Its not too heavy and it really defines my curls when I use it as a leave in for wash and gos. Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair Empty Re: Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair

Post by LaToya28 3rd July 2010, 7:59 pm

You might be allergic to the MSM in it but I think all the butters contain it.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Experience w/ A&O Heavy Cream - Moisturizer for dry hair Empty First Try= Great Buy!

Post by shortncurly 4th July 2010, 2:51 am

I have of course become a product junkie, itching to buy this and that since I've revisited the boards of naturallycurly.com and miss curlynikki.com too. I know more now than I did on my first natural journey.

So I visited a new boutique in Hollywood, Florida called B-True Organics, where they are currently selling select products of QB- Qhemet and Jane Carter Solutions and others. I specifically went for the QB, as I call it, in my terminology QB= Queen's Beauty! Anyway, I purchased the Amla & Olive against my desire for the Burdock Root.

I did a strand test and instantly fell in love. With one stroke my hair was soft, more soft than it had been in years. The last time my hair was soft, soft was when I had my perm and this nice lady who worked at JC Penney's in the salon hooked me up with that Nexus Emergence, which really made the hair soft. As a result of that , one of my friends asked me one day if my hair was a weave and I replied no, it's just my hair. Needless to say, the emeregence from Nexus helped lots.

But back to Amla & Olive, I like it. Makes my hair soft and I can't stop rubbing my fingers over my edges because those are soft too. It does point out though that my hair is a lot more finer than I know. It has definitely for me smooth out the strands alot more than any other cream. I've tried Darcys Madagascar Vanilla Butter Cream - it was ok, not moisturizing enough even my hair ate it up, Fleurzy's CNC cream- nice, smelled good, but still ok, CD hair milk- greasy hair, undefined twists, strong scent, etc. I've tried so many and yet so many still I need to try.

Also the scent is so faint, I was straining my nose to smell something. Believe me my nose is powerful, I can smell KFC a mile away. But I like that I really can't smell it.

I haven't used it as DT or DC, even though I read from a user post, it isn't so good for that. For now it will be used as a butter/cream to moisturize.

Would I recommend you try this product or any other products by QB? Yes, I would.
shortncurly
shortncurly

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th July 2010, 1:51 pm

LaToya28 wrote:You might be allergic to the MSM in it but I think all the butters contain it.

I think you may have had a reaction to the MSM also. The Burdock root butter cream is a lighter version of the Amla and Olive heavy cream but it also contains MSM. Do you know if you are allergic to sulfur?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 8th July 2010, 7:55 pm

I don't think I'm allergic, but I know our bodies decide to react to ingredients that were ok in the past lol...but I've actually used facial masks w/ sulfur in them, so I guess my scalp was having issues. I really wanted to try the burdock root butter, but not sure if it's worth it at this point. I reallyl really wanted to like this product line - booooo.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down