CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair

4 posters

Go down

In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair Empty In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair

Post by Indigo 30th July 2010, 11:32 pm

Ok, I've been relaxer free for about a year now, although I still wore sew-in weaves and have recently switched to French braids with synthetic hair. My search for a moisturizer to quench my hair's thirst has been to no avail.
Here are the products I'm using:
1. Wash with Sulfate free shampoo or plain conditioner ( Suave, Garnier Fructis Length and Strength, Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner)
2. To moisturize/condition
- Aphogee Provitamin Leave-In Conditioner (still dry)
- EVOO as a scalp moisturizer
- Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave in Creme Conditioner as a hair moisturizer
- Roots of Nature Strengthening Oil Moisturizer
- Leisure Curl Conditioning Scalp Spray ( leaves my hair soft, but not hydrated)
Please help! I've never paid so much attention to my hair, and it's always been in decent condition until I began wearing weaves that cover my real hair.

Indigo

Back to top Go down

In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair Empty Re: In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair

Post by BattleKat 31st July 2010, 1:22 am

Try taking products out of your routine with protein in them. Maybe your hair doesn't like protein. That helped me a lot. What is your hair texture?
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair Empty Re: In Need a Moisturizer for dry, parched hair

Post by Indigo 31st July 2010, 11:42 am

I really don't know, but it's similar to this woman's texture
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Indigo

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 13th August 2010, 2:06 pm

It sounds like you use a lot of 'commercial ' brand products. It may do you some good to switch product lines altogether, and opt for something more organic/natural/raw.

I've found that Shea Butter and a 50/50 water glycerine mix gives me manangability, softness and shine, overall.

Light weight gels, paired with shea butter are cool for me to do twists - I like minimum hold and no crunchy feeling at all.

Proteins will both strenghten the hair and give it a certain degree of dryness that will cause your hair to start 'snapping' off (breakage).

Have you trimmed your ends? You'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes when styling, when your ends are in decent shape. We tend to try to hold on to length, but if it's damaged, there's no repairing it - JUST LET IT GOOOOOOO.

It's trial and error - stick around. You're on the right boards to find a solution.

Good Luck!
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 13th August 2010, 8:27 pm

I don't use organic/all natural products so I can't vouch for them but there are commercial products out there that provide great moisture for me...glycerin is a key ingredient. Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 Miracle Worker is a great one. Its very light and leaves my hair soft and moisturized. You can also try mixing Care Free Curl with some water and a spray bottle.

I do use unrefined shea butter though. I whipped some of it with some conditioner and oils and it makes a great moisturizer for my hair before I go to bed.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down