CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shea butter

+5
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
jenerett
C.
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

shea butter - Page 2 Empty Re: shea butter

Post by C. 25th July 2010, 1:55 pm

uniqueleemade- i'm wondering the same thing. i use conditioner and/or Olive Oil ecostyler to define my curls, but i get carried away sometimes and used ALOT of gel--not good. So does shea butter or any of you guys shea butter mixes define curls? even if it only provides a minimal hold, i dont really care, just curious as to curl defining properties.. my 4a(?) coils shrink and frizz like nobody's bizness, lol

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 25th July 2010, 2:54 pm

**UPDATE**

i finally purchase some shea butter in ivory from sheaessentials.com. YAY Me!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (my very first online purchase [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

since i just place the order literally 2 minutes ago, i probably wont get it until like Friday, maybe. So when i do get it i will try it out and let you guys know how i like or dont like it. but be warned that my "review" wont be on freshly washed hair, it will be on 1 week old micro twists..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th July 2010, 4:39 pm

I am almost through my shea butter. I loved that they stuffed my 8 oz container until the lid was almost bulging. It definitely made me feel like I got my moneys worth. I only found 3 really tiny little twigs which isn't a big deal at all to me. I'll repurchase from them again.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 25th July 2010, 8:33 pm

@afrikanlatina- what did you use your shea from. I'm already itching to find ways to use it and i just ordered a few hours ago.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 29th July 2010, 7:33 am

****NEW UPDATE*** I just got my shea butter. WOOO HOOOO!!! I felt like at a kid at Christmas when I cheked the mail. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I tried a bit of it in my hair and I like it. it was a lot creamier than I thought and I dont smell anything, but that could be attributed to the fact that I'm a tad bit congested (heard that shea stinks).

I have not founds any twigs or other things, but if I do, I think I will just melt it down in a bowl of hot/warm water and pur it through a strainer.

Lastly, I'm not sure if I'll mix it with anything to make a hair moisturizer, because all I have is olive oil and I wanna see how well this stuff works on its own.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 29th July 2010, 8:47 am

Glad you got your shea! You'll definitely repurchase from sheaessentials. I'm glad you like it so far!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 29th July 2010, 9:44 am

Yes I will repurchase. I think will last me at least 6 months, considering my hair is relatively short- akward stage fro. I even received a little sample of their shea soap- i LOVE LOVE LOVE gifts with purchases. It looks good enough eat, which I almost did--I thought it was a piece of chocolate,lol--good thing I read the package first..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2