CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essence Hair Survey Rant

2 posters

Go down

Essence Hair Survey Rant Empty Essence Hair Survey Rant

Post by Starch Girl 26th June 2010, 7:21 pm

Hello CN Family,

Went on Essence.com this morning to browse and imagine my surprise to see that there was a linkk to a Hair Survey from one of their natural hair articles! Hooray! A chance to see natural styles in a main stream magazine. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the survey had mandatory questions like how many times a year do you relax your hair and what heat styling tools can't you live without. I haven't relaxed since 1998 and I've used direct heat twice in six months. I tried to skip those questions and others like them but they wouldn't let you leave any question unanswered. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was so sad that once again - natural hair care is dismissed by main stream media in general and Essence in particular. One of the few magazines that's supposed to portray images of African American female beauty forgets the curly girls yet again! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Starch Girl

Back to top Go down

Essence Hair Survey Rant Empty Re: Essence Hair Survey Rant

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th June 2010, 7:41 pm

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down