CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who out there greases there scalp and Why?

+14
happy2bcurly
tiashaunteé
Brainiac
Morshaye
dajewel
krazy coils
Sylkifine
curlybarbi48
swoodward
blondie
CurlyChefRobin
BajanPrincess82
Niqui36
summerbreeze76
18 posters

Go down

Who out there greases there scalp and Why? Empty Who out there greases there scalp and Why?

Post by summerbreeze76 26th June 2010, 3:17 pm

Ive never been a big scalp greaser. I just dont like my hair to be weighed down. I have noticed however that I can get more heavy handed with product since i dont have the perm. But what do you guys think? Should i incorporated greasing my scalp on a regular basis?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Who out there greases there scalp and Why? Empty Re: Who out there greases there scalp and Why?

Post by Niqui36 26th June 2010, 4:43 pm

I oil my scalp every few days. I just do it because it feels good. I oil and massage my scalp. I use grease (Natural Oasis) on my daughters scalp because her scalp tends to be dry and needs something of that consistency to keep it from getting flaky. HTH.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Who out there greases there scalp and Why? Empty Re: Who out there greases there scalp and Why?

Post by BajanPrincess82 26th June 2010, 5:13 pm

I oil my scalp a few times a week with olive oil. I have dry scalp issues so I have no choice.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 26th June 2010, 6:47 pm

I have heard that for the many of us it's not necessary to oil the scalp since it makes it's own natural oils (sebum). Since I read that I've stopped oiling my scalp and I don't have problems with flaking anymore. I know some people still need to do that but so far it's helping me. It could also be the fact that i haven't relaxed in 15 weeks as well. :-) Plus I'm sure some of my moisturizer reaches my scalp because I try to make sure to keep my new growth well moisturized but I use a water based moisturizer.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 26th June 2010, 7:09 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I oil my scalp a few times a week with olive oil. I have dry scalp issues so I have no choice.

I have eczema so I do it or else it's an itchy, painful scalp! But I don't use "grease", only all natural oil and/or butters.

If you do, I would stronly suggest using all naturals oils, like Bajan Princess mentioned.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th June 2010, 7:46 pm

I use my styling creams for that type of scalp care (Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream) or coconut or jojoba oil. I just put some on my fingertips and massage my scalp. I don't do the old fashioned grease method myself and haven't for many years, not even when relaxed.

I am referring to parting your hair and applying a thin layer of petroleum-based grease to your scalp by section. Not a fan. My hairstylist used to do this after relaxing or after a blow dry and flat iron and my scalp would break out every time.

Last edited by swoodward on 27th June 2010, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 27th June 2010, 11:10 pm

I use a mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil (I got this from someone else's post) because my scalp itches after I cowash it, and that helps me. I oil it when my scalp is still wet. I don't use grease anymore, though.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylkifine 27th June 2010, 11:29 pm

I still use grease faithfully!!! lol...at least every three (3) days.

Sylkifine

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th June 2010, 11:41 pm

I have a dry scalp so I use castor oil on my scalp.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 28th June 2010, 8:44 am

i oil my scalp as needed with bee mine hair serum because it has sulfur,
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 28th June 2010, 5:20 pm

I "grease" my scalp with EVCO after every wash and co wash. I probably don't need to do it. I just like it.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 28th June 2010, 5:37 pm

i grease my scalp everyday with this all natural grease my grandmother's friend made for both of us. She said when you applied it on and massage in your head you'll feel your scalp breathe and it does.

Its made with sulfur, sage, and some other ingredients. And its suppose to make hair grow.

It feels good when you apply it on. And it gets rid of dandruff. My scalp has not been itchy since using this.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th June 2010, 6:42 pm

I "grease" with shea butter in the winter because the dry air makes my scalp itch, flake, and whatever else you can name.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 28th June 2010, 8:38 pm

I oil mine maybe twice a week with castor oil because it makes my scalp feel better and castor oil is known for growing your hair so I like to rub some on my thin spots (edges,top ). But just a little will do.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th June 2010, 8:57 pm

Maybe I should start oiling it some. LOL! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Styling 28th June 2010, 11:47 pm

I never oil my scalp. The scalp makes its own oils so why should I put something on it. I say if you don't have a problem don't do it and if you do have a problem see a doctor . Plus I hate to buy product and use it because "TV" & "ads" try to push stuff we really don't need.
Let's face it, the hair industry is a $ billon dollar $ industry and more then half the stuff out there we don't need.

Styling

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 29th June 2010, 7:42 am

dajewel wrote:i oil my scalp as needed with bee mine hair serum because it has sulfur,

Hello Dajewel,

Is there some benefit to sulfur?

Thanks!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th June 2010, 11:03 am

Renny wrote:
dajewel wrote:i oil my scalp as needed with bee mine hair serum because it has sulfur,

Hello Dajewel,

Is there some benefit to sulfur?

Thanks!

sulfur is an anti-fungal agent used to regulate skin health. it is used in a variety of skin treatments for acne (i use a mask on my face two to three times a week), psoriasis and eczema.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th June 2010, 11:29 am

I apply oil to my scalp after cleansing or rinsing. I use a mix of castor oil and a light oil with 3-5 drops of tea tree EO and peppermint EO. I sometimes apply aloe vera gelly (for moisture) before adding the oils. My scalp tends to itch at times--not sure of cause since it occurs right after cleansing.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 29th June 2010, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added why I oil my scalp)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 29th June 2010, 12:22 pm

i oil my scalp as well, i love to do scalp massages, i hear its good for circulation....plus it feels good Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down