CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Order of Appearance?"

2 posters

Go down

"Order of Appearance?" Empty "Order of Appearance?"

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 23rd June 2010, 3:19 pm

Hey all my natural sistahs,
I have a question about CD products, specifically:
Marguerite's magic
Black Vanilla smoothie
the BV smoothie
Hair milk
Hair balm
Tui Oil

In what order should you use all these products?

Thanks y'all.

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

"Order of Appearance?" Empty Re: "Order of Appearance?"

Post by mslys09 23rd June 2010, 4:07 pm

Hi, I have used these products while I transitioned.

Marguerite's magic - very thick moisturizer. My transitioning hair liked it in the winter but not so much now that it's hot. I still have a full jar.
Black Vanilla smoothie - OK deep conditioner. I would recommend using it once the hair has been shampooed or it will cause build-up. It works really well on completely clean hair. I've found better for cheaper, though.
Hair milk - Have it but haven't found a use yet.
Hair balm - Awesome product! I used it to seal my ends and to refresh twist outs, bantu knot outs, etc. A CD salesperson suggested mixing the hair milk and hair balm together and working it through wet hair for curl definition. Haven't tried it yet.
Tui Oil - never used

As far as order, I would think you would shampoo, then use the BV smoothie. Moisturize and then style with the hair milk and hair balm. Maybe the tui oil can be a hot oil treatment/ pre-poo or as a scalp oil afterwards.

HTH!
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

"Order of Appearance?" Empty Thank U!

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 24th June 2010, 9:15 am

Gurl, you helped me so much, you have no clue. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
now, about the smoothie, you said you found better for less? Chile, don't keep it a secret.. do tell!!! Do tell! I have to know! I'm trying to find something so I can do the whole gamut tomorrow.
Peace,
IJustWannaKnow2

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 24th June 2010, 11:59 am

Lol good! Well I really like Sheamoisture's Deep Treatment Masque. It's completely organic and doesn't have some of the gross ingredients/cones that are in the BV smoothie. Annnd it's only 9.99 at Target! I would consider looking at the line, actually. Everything is 9.99 and I really like the moisturizers and spritzs I've tried.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have also used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and mixed it with jamaican black castor oil, evoo, coconut oil, and jojoba oil. I tried honey in the mixture but my hair did not like it. Worked better for me than CD.
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down