CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mousse hold?

4 posters

Go down

mousse hold? Empty mousse hold?

Post by HappyCurly 21st June 2010, 5:13 pm

I'd like something that i put in my hair while soakign wet, so i can try a wash and go. what do you use? all the mouse i saw today had polyquaternium in it (spellling)? and isn't that another name for a bad chemical? i don't know. and there was a lot of cones. is there a hold that isn't damaging? i also don't want it to loosen my curls any. thinking of plain aloe vera gel (if i can find any), diluted with olive oil. would this be ok?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

mousse hold? Empty lili of the dessert aloe vera gelly

Post by MrsJacobs 22nd June 2010, 12:18 pm

hello there i just wanted to let you know that using aloe vera gel is a great idea. here are the pics of my hair with aloe vera gelly.

Code:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the plain aloe vera is not thick enough well for my hair anyway i need it to be more of a gel like consistency. i got mine at whole foods market $8 for 12 oz but i just made a recent purchase on vitacost.com they were 5.25 with shipping at 4.99
MrsJacobs
MrsJacobs

http://jpure.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

mousse hold? Empty Re: mousse hold?

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 12:23 pm

Eco Styler Olive Oil gel is good, no crunch, great hold, and great definition! Also Aloe Vera Gel from Trader Joe's is good, and only $3! The Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 works really well for wash and go's (on my hair) but it keeps your hair soft and shiny, as well as give great curl definition! HTH! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd June 2010, 4:19 pm

thanks!! do you dilute the t joe's aloe vera gel with anything? i saw it and thought about getting it, but i think it had citric acid or something in that made me think again. i thought citric acid would lighten hair? but now i'm thinking of getting it, and possibly diluting it with olive oil or/and water.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 4:55 pm

I used it over a leave in, didn't dilute it...I actually did some two strand twists with it and used coconut oil over the gel when I was done. HTH
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd June 2010, 5:30 pm

thanks!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJacobs 23rd June 2010, 12:19 pm

no prob. i have heard many many reviews about eco styler gel but i am trying to pull away from most cosmetic gels. i saw a you tube vid about eco compared to kinky curly and she was talking about the ph levels and over time the eco does more damage. i think her name is kimmay . check it out. i also checked for citric acid but the aloe vera i am using doesnt have any. at least the ingredients list didnt have the actual name citric acid. i love the results i get. i usually style my hair with my moisturizer first then add the aloe gelly and water. so i think its pretty diulted lol. i tried the 14 n 1 but the mineral oil dried my hair out. just like miss jessies her second ingredient is mineral oil. and mineral oil really did me bad lol.
MrsJacobs
MrsJacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 23rd June 2010, 12:24 pm

I like the way Kinky Curly products work. (Use Knot Today first and then apply Kinky Curly Custard.) Provide excellent hold and moisture however they are somewhat pricey.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJacobs 23rd June 2010, 1:37 pm

girl i didnt like them at all lol i am a shea butter oil user and it seemed like ever time i used kccc and the knot today my hair would flake up. even when i only used a little. lol i swapped it on the product forum.
MrsJacobs
MrsJacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 23rd June 2010, 3:11 pm

thanks everyone!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content