CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mousse for curls

+2
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
6 posters

Go down

Mousse for curls Empty Mousse for curls

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 4:19 pm

I was wondering if anyone uses a mousse or foam for curl definition. I currently use eco gel, but it is way to heavy on the wavy parts of my hair. TIA for suggestions.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Mousse for curls Empty Re: Mousse for curls

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th August 2010, 5:34 pm

JamaicaCurls does. Her hair is very loose waves/curls. She uses a Taliah Waajid product. It is called Crinkles and Curls.

I have one by Tressemme Naturals mousse. I have been planning to try it for a while. Perhaps this is the nudge I needed.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 17th August 2010, 7:01 pm

Not usually, but I've gotten great results from the Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I washed my hair, applied my moisturizer, applied the mousse (big section by section) to my soaking wet hair, and shook (yes, like a dog). My twist-out was soft, refreshed, and looked like new (and it was a 3- or 4-day-old twist-out). This mousse has never left me with dry hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 9:24 pm

Thanks Ladies! @ Chrs, If you try it before I buy it, let me know how it works for you.

@ SR-I haven't seen that product yet. I'll check Ulta for it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 17th August 2010, 9:43 pm

SummerRuby wrote:Not usually, but I've gotten great results from the Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I washed my hair, applied my moisturizer, applied the mousse (big section by section) to my soaking wet hair, and shook (yes, like a dog). My twist-out was soft, refreshed, and looked like new (and it was a 3- or 4-day-old twist-out). This mousse has never left me with dry hair.

Ok, how do you wash you hair and are able to maintain a twist out? Please, let me know your secrets.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Meniko 18th August 2010, 12:30 am

I just tried a fairly new product from Nexxus (mousse) called Gorgeuous curls. I tried it on a whim while out of town and OMG it really defined my curly spirals and made them really spirally!! I was able to get 2-3 day hair with a wash n go using this!!! It is not natural but does not have cones and left my spirals very soft!!! You should be able to get at Walmart...I think it was like $7....I went to Walmart this past weekend and they were completely out of it!!

I used Giovanni Direct Leave In and the Nexxus Mousse and sealed with Cocasta oil
Meniko
Meniko

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th August 2010, 12:49 am

SummerRuby wrote:Not usually, but I've gotten great results from the Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I washed my hair, applied my moisturizer, applied the mousse (big section by section) to my soaking wet hair, and shook (yes, like a dog). My twist-out was soft, refreshed, and looked like new (and it was a 3- or 4-day-old twist-out). This mousse has never left me with dry hair.

I agree
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th August 2010, 11:48 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Thanks Ladies! @ Chrs, If you try it before I buy it, let me know how it works for you.

@ SR-I haven't seen that product yet. I'll check Ulta for it.
I used it today over a mix of Oyin HHC & coconut oil. I used about an egg to half an egg size on each section (10). I scrunched it in in my looser textured hair. My hair is still pretty damp but so far so good. I have definition with no crunch--little frizz in my more porous areas. Next time, I will diffuse after applying. I'm going to try it again over the weekend perhaps sooner if it does not last after Zumba class tonight.

Hair after 5 hours - roots & 1/3 of hair still damp
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 19th August 2010, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Pictures)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th August 2010, 2:29 pm

Thanks Chrs! I'm going to try it!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content