CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle?

+10
candacemichelle
NikG20
dajewel
MichelleNW
naturallytexan
AdriEm
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Erica5417
Juices-n-Berries
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle? Empty What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle?

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st April 2010, 9:43 pm

So, I'm on the natural care isle. I decide to pick up the beloved Dr. Bronner's castile soap bottle. As usual, to check ingredients or see what the product is advertising itself as, I pick it up and begin to read.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am scared. Has anyone actually bothered to read what is on the bottle? What the heck is he talking about??? I started reading but it looked real sketchy and it made my head hurt so I put it down. It seems, well, extremely radical at the least.

What are your thought on this? Maybe I'm misunderstood. Could anyone make any sense of what he's saying?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle? Empty Re: What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle?

Post by Erica5417 1st April 2010, 9:48 pm

lol! that bottle is soooo scary. I feel like if I read the words I might be putting a curse on myself or something. I haven't bought another bottle since.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle? Empty Re: What the heck is he talking about on the Dr. Bronners bottle?

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st April 2010, 9:53 pm

I didn't buy it. Those were my exact thoughts. Lol. Not that I believe in hexes. But I definitely raised an eyebrow. Or two. Lol.

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 1st April 2010, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st April 2010, 9:53 pm

~shrug~ it's too much to read, when I try I inevitably lose my place, so I just read the ingredients and kept it moving.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st April 2010, 9:55 pm

Muz wrote: ~shrug~ it's too much to read, when I try I inevitably lose my place, so I just read the ingredients and kept it moving.

I didn't read it all either. Lol. But the part I read... oh em gee.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st April 2010, 9:58 pm

lol! Y'all are funny. But it's so true. I purchased the peppermint soap and didn't really look at the bottle but once I got home and started reading I was like WTH?! I'd be nervous about reading it fully because it does seem a little out there. Evil or Very Mad

Just as a sidenote, the person who recommended using this didn't tell me it should be diluted. I used it in the shower - EVERYWHERE, if you know what I mean - and felt like I was on fire. affraid I haven't purchased since but I've been thinking about it from reading more about it on here.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 1st April 2010, 10:08 pm

Hm? What does it say? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st April 2010, 10:11 pm

AdriEm wrote:Hm? What does it say? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No one knows. LOL
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 1st April 2010, 10:17 pm

Muz wrote:
AdriEm wrote:Hm? What does it say? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No one knows. LOL

Lol, and I guess that's the problem huh?
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 1st April 2010, 11:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That is so funny!! I thought the same thing when I bought my first bottle. I sat down and made an attempt to read the directions for uses but discovered that the majority of the text on the bottle is a bunch of mumbo jumbo...yep it's spooky. I have to admit though I love this stuff, I use the almond scented one.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleNW 2nd April 2010, 12:12 am

Muz wrote: ~shrug~ it's too much to read, when I try I inevitably lose my place, so I just read the ingredients and kept it moving.
I couldn't even find the ingredients!!
MichelleNW
MichelleNW

http://www.twitter.com/MichelleNW

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd April 2010, 12:42 am

yeah, i thought it was just me being incoherent when i read the label...glad to know it wasn't just me
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 2nd April 2010, 12:44 am

MichelleNW wrote:

LOL! They are in the big white box on the front under "made with organic oils" Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleNW 2nd April 2010, 12:47 am

Muz wrote:
MichelleNW wrote:

LOL! They are in the big white box on the front under "made with organic oils" Smile

SMH! I am so mad at myself for that!! As many times as I've looked at the front of the bottle!!
MichelleNW
MichelleNW

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 2nd April 2010, 12:58 am

Ok so now I want to know what it says!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleNW 2nd April 2010, 1:22 am

I googled it because to even begin to explain what's on them!! Here's a couple of links. One is directly from the site, you can actually click on the labels and see for yourself. The other is to a blog that explains a little about him and the labels!!
Hope this explains why everyone is so scratch about it all!

Dr. Bronner Philosophy
and
Why the weird religious ravings on Dr. Bronner's soap?
MichelleNW
MichelleNW

Back to top Go down

Post by candacemichelle 2nd April 2010, 3:03 am

I love using Dr. Bronners as a shampoo. It is harmless and pure organic oils that are really good for you hair. The label maybe his personal philosophy, but its just good, crazy reading for me in the shower.

candacemichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 2nd April 2010, 9:45 am

MichelleNW wrote:I googled it because to even begin to explain what's on them!! Here's a couple of links. One is directly from the site, you can actually click on the labels and see for yourself. The other is to a blog that explains a little about him and the labels!!
Hope this explains why everyone is so scratch about it all!

Dr. Bronner Philosophy
and
Why the weird religious ravings on Dr. Bronner's soap?

WOW! I'm LOL @ "Talking to the doc on the phone is the audio equivalent of reading one of his labels".

Thanks for finding the answer to this mystery. Its interesting albeit weird...
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 2nd April 2010, 3:33 pm

Wow just read this on the website...crazy or not, the product is good.

~In 1947 after escaping from an insane asylum, he invented the formula for Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, a peppermint infused all-natural, multi-purpose liquid that can be found today in every American health food store. On each bottle of his soap, he printed an ever-evolving set of teachings he called The Moral ABC, designed, in his words, TO UNITE ALL MANKIND FREE! ~
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd April 2010, 3:46 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:lol! Y'all are funny. But it's so true. I purchased the peppermint soap and didn't really look at the bottle but once I got home and started reading I was like WTH?! I'd be nervous about reading it fully because it does seem a little out there. Evil or Very Mad

Just as a sidenote, the person who recommended using this didn't tell me it should be diluted. I used it in the shower - EVERYWHERE, if you know what I mean - and felt like I was on fire. affraid I haven't purchased since but I've been thinking about it from reading more about it on here.

I saw EVERYWHERE and rolled! I experienced EXACTLY what you're talking about! All I can say is ---WOW!! That bottle has a lot of rambling and ranting going on but, the contents are not harmful (if used correctly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). There is a website www.drbronners.com and it supposedly discusses scribbling on the bottle. I visited the website and STILL do not know what religion (if it's a religion) this is.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd April 2010, 4:55 pm

lmaooooooooo @ EVERYWHERE I will check those links out when I get home. I am intrigued now!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 2nd April 2010, 6:21 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:lol! Y'all are funny. But it's so true. I purchased the peppermint soap and didn't really look at the bottle but once I got home and started reading I was like WTH?! I'd be nervous about reading it fully because it does seem a little out there. Evil or Very Mad

i have the peppermint too and i used it for washing my face with this lemon sugar scrub and it didnt burn but i read this comment on newly natural that the pepperment kind burns your "special parts" lol idk if that goes for all of the BB castille soaps though...and the bottle says you should dilute it but idk if u would catch that part with all the other words on the bottle lol and i read it after i bought it too and i was like omg idk if i should be using this lol i almost took off the wrapper
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 2nd April 2010, 6:29 pm

i just checked the link and all this time i thought dr bronner was black...in my mind he looked like louis farrakhan...not anymore lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd April 2010, 9:26 pm

I was in Target today looking for more hair stuff that I don't need and stumbled upon Dr. Bronner's. I thought about our discussion on here. I think next time I'm going to pick some up. A little once diluted will probably go along way.

@CurlsUnfurled, thanks for the website link. I'm going to check it out so I can see what the product is really all about and how it can be used.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd April 2010, 2:18 am

Lol. I'm sorry Dva, but that was pretty funny. I actually only use mild unscented soaps EVERYWHERE. For that very reason. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next