CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUNNING FOR GROWTH 2M Challenge!!!

+13
jamaicacurl
Keisha
BajanPrincess82
tightlywound
tiashaunteƩ
s4pphir3
Tamren
NubieNatty
natural83
TurquoizBlue
Lynnieluve
Juices-n-Berries
oooop2
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BUNNING FOR GROWTH 2M Challenge!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: BUNNING FOR GROWTH 2M Challenge!!!

Post by oooop2 11th July 2010, 1:07 am

Hi Ladies...Thanks for checking in. Wyld, sorry to hear that your hair isn't acting right in a bun. What products were you using?

Today, I DC my hair w/coconut milk, honey, evoo, and Jessicurl deep treatment. After, I washed and place hair in bun using, Yes to Cucumbers Leave in, my shea mix, and a small amt of ECO gel along my edges. Planning on wearing this til Tues/Wed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I need to head to Michael's and get some flowers to make some accessories to jazz up my bun.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

BUNNING FOR GROWTH 2M Challenge!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: BUNNING FOR GROWTH 2M Challenge!!!

Post by Keisha 11th July 2010, 1:13 am

Hi everyone... so my 1st week on the bun challenge went well. I did mostly dry buns. Yesterday I clarified my hair with lemon fluff shampoo and used Giovanni Direct leave in (a new find... 1st time using this product). I moisturized my hair with bee mine: bee loved hair and scalp moisturizer and sealed my ends with a shea butter/coconut oil mix. I went out to dinner with my S.O and my two, wet, tiny double buns looked a mess but he didnt mind, so neither did I.

I went to Target yesterday and purchased the Giovanni Direct Leave In along with the Goodie Spin Pins. I tried using the pins last night to my double buns. That was an epic fail, so I tried the spin pins again today... using them create 1 bun and that went well. So i'll start using the spin pins to create my buns instead of scrunchies... Here's a pic of the "spin pin" bun below

Last edited by Keisha on 11th July 2010, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a pic)
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 11th July 2010, 1:14 am

nice shades oooop2... do you take down your buns nightly?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 12th July 2010, 11:59 am

Hi ladies .. This past week I've been wearing my Chicoro inspired baggy-bun. I oil my scalp the night before wash day with vatika and/or amla oil, the next day I wash my hair with ayurvedic herbal powders and follow with a DT. I rinse my hair out in the shower using my denman I smooth my hair back underneath the running water. Since I have conditioner in I only need to do this once or twice. Then I apply a mixture of Tresseme Nourishing Moisture + Organix Coconut Milk + vatika oil to my entire head.

I place my hair in a ponytail with a knee hi that I cut to size, and add more conditioner to the length of the pony tail, braid it, place a baggy around it, cover the baggy with a dark knee hi to hide it and roll my hair up and around into a bun/updo and secure it with a flexi-8. I wash my hair 2x a week so I keep it in until my next wash day

My computer is out of commission until this weekend so I'll be able to post pics then.

s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 12th July 2010, 3:15 pm

I'm going to have to back out of this challenge. My interviews have slowed down and I've been enjoying wearing my hair out (puffs, twist-outs, braid-outs). good luck ladies!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 12th July 2010, 5:57 pm

Boss is out today I can upload pics Laughing

Here is my bun ...

The baggie is tucked away inside, it's looks more like an inverted bun. I think I'm going to leave this in for a week to cut back on manipulating my hair. At night I spritz my hair with a mixture of water and conditioner and place my satin scarf on. The next day I may spritz again or apply a little of my conditioner mix to the exposed hair, apply a little get to my edges.
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 12th July 2010, 6:11 pm

@Keisha .. is it difficult using the spin pin? I wanted to try it but I was worried about my hair unraveling later on in the day.

@oooop2 ... I heard good things about coconut milk .. is there a particular brand that you use?

Last edited by s4pphir3 on 12th July 2010, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another comment)
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 14th July 2010, 2:00 am

Very nice bun s4pphir3. Using the spin pin is the easiest thing ever... a true lazy protective style. It doesnt unravel at all. I went to the gym, got in a good workout and not a strand of hair was out of place. Its real simple and the bun last all day.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 15th July 2010, 1:34 am

Keisha wrote:Hi everyone... so my 1st week on the bun challenge went well. I did mostly dry buns. Yesterday I clarified my hair with lemon fluff shampoo and used Giovanni Direct leave in (a new find... 1st time using this product). I moisturized my hair with bee mine: bee loved hair and scalp moisturizer and sealed my ends with a shea butter/coconut oil mix. I went out to dinner with my S.O and my two, wet, tiny double buns looked a mess but he didnt mind, so neither did I.

I went to Target yesterday and purchased the Giovanni Direct Leave In along with the Goodie Spin Pins. I tried using the pins last night to my double buns. That was an epic fail, so I tried the spin pins again today... using them create 1 bun and that went well. So i'll start using the spin pins to create my buns instead of scrunchies... Here's a pic of the "spin pin" bun below

Thanks for posting pics of the spin pins. I'll have to look for some at Target.

Keisha wrote:nice shades oooop2... do you take down your buns nightly?
I just loosen up my ouchless band. Then in the morning, I re-moisturize and retighten my bun.

s4pphir3 wrote:Hi ladies .. This past week I've been wearing my Chicoro inspired baggy-bun. I oil my scalp the night before wash day with vatika and/or amla oil, the next day I wash my hair with ayurvedic herbal powders and follow with a DT. I rinse my hair out in the shower using my denman I smooth my hair back underneath the running water. Since I have conditioner in I only need to do this once or twice. Then I apply a mixture of Tresseme Nourishing Moisture + Organix Coconut Milk + vatika oil to my entire head.

I place my hair in a ponytail with a knee hi that I cut to size, and add more conditioner to the length of the pony tail, braid it, place a baggy around it, cover the baggy with a dark knee hi to hide it and roll my hair up and around into a bun/updo and secure it with a flexi-8. I wash my hair 2x a week so I keep it in until my next wash day

My computer is out of commission until this weekend so I'll be able to post pics then.

How does your hair feel after you remove the baggy? Does the baggy ever slip off?

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I'm going to have to back out of this challenge. My interviews have slowed down and I've been enjoying wearing my hair out (puffs, twist-outs, braid-outs). good luck ladies!

Thanks for letting us know......

s4pphir3 wrote:Boss is out today I can upload pics Laughing

Here is my bun ...

The baggie is tucked away inside, it's looks more like an inverted bun. I think I'm going to leave this in for a week to cut back on manipulating my hair. At night I spritz my hair with a mixture of water and conditioner and place my satin scarf on. The next day I may spritz again or apply a little of my conditioner mix to the exposed hair, apply a little get to my edges.

Thanks for posting pics..I might my to try this baggy method with my bun.

s4pphir3 wrote:@Keisha .. is it difficult using the spin pin? I wanted to try it but I was worried about my hair unraveling later on in the day.

@oooop2 ... I heard good things about coconut milk .. is there a particular brand that you use?
I use this brand b/c it's nice and thick

http://www.amazon.com/Goya-Coconut-Milk-13-5-Ounce-Pack/dp/B001SANYU4

Keisha wrote:Very nice bun s4pphir3. Using the spin pin is the easiest thing ever... a true lazy protective style. It doesnt unravel at all. I went to the gym, got in a good workout and not a strand of hair was out of place. Its real simple and the bun last all day.

Definitely getting the spin pin...

Thanks everyone for posting...Continue to keep us updated Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 15th July 2010, 1:02 pm

Keisha wrote:
Very nice bun s4pphir3. Using the spin pin is the easiest thing ever... a true lazy protective style. It doesnt unravel at all. I went to the gym, got in a good workout and not a strand of hair was out of place. Its real simple and the bun last all day.

Thank you. I'm going to pick up a spin pin this weekend and try it for my damp buns.

oooop2 wrote:
How does your hair feel after you remove the baggy? Does the baggy ever slip off?

I removed the baggy this past Tuesday after leaving it on for 2 days and my hair seemed to soak up most of the conditioner. It felt great super soft and when I washed it, the tangles (if I had any) seemed to melt away with the running water. I can't wait to see how my hair feels tomorrow evening when I take it down to wash again. It will be 4 days!

oooop2 wrote:
Thanks for posting pics..I might my to try this baggy method with my bun.

I can definitely see my hair is growing, not sure of the rate yet though. I'm using this method to hold onto what ever I get Very Happy

BTW .. I just found out the Tresseme conditioner I was using has isopropyl alcohol in it ... no bueno No
oooop2 wrote:
I use this brand b/c it's nice and thick

http://www.amazon.com/Goya-Coconut-Milk-13-5-Ounce-Pack/dp/B001SANYU4

Thanks for the link. There's a Goya section in my grocery store I'm going to check if they have it.
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

Back to top Go down

Post by embracingmycurls 18th July 2010, 1:02 am

oooop2 wrote:Hi Ladies,

I've decided that since it's so hot outside, I am going to wash my hair daily, and wear it in a bun/ponytail. In the past, I've gotten excellent growth doing this, however my ends suffered.

Well I've decided to do this again, but this time making sure to pay close attention to my ends so that they don't suffer.

Rules are:

1. Must post starting pics

2. Wear your hair in a wet/dry bun at least 3-4 days/week.

3. State products you are using to achieve your bun.

4. Post ending pics to that we can see if you were able to achieve any significant growth in the 2m period.

Let me know if you are interested in joining.....

What do you mean pay close attention to your ends? What happens to them? I don't know if I could wear a bun that many times in the week, however I did do the princess one for three days. Good luck!
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by embracingmycurls 18th July 2010, 1:16 am

s4pphir3 wrote:Hi ladies .. This past week I've been wearing my Chicoro inspired baggy-bun. I oil my scalp the night before wash day with vatika and/or amla oil, the next day I wash my hair with ayurvedic herbal powders and follow with a DT. I rinse my hair out in the shower using my denman I smooth my hair back underneath the running water. Since I have conditioner in I only need to do this once or twice. Then I apply a mixture of Tresseme Nourishing Moisture + Organix Coconut Milk + vatika oil to my entire head.

@s4pphir3
I heard such wonderful things about vatika oil. Where can I get some???
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 18th July 2010, 1:31 am

embracingmycurls wrote:

@s4pphir3

Any Indian store or online....
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 18th July 2010, 1:32 am

embracingmycurls wrote:
oooop2 wrote:Hi Ladies,

I've decided that since it's so hot outside, I am going to wash my hair daily, and wear it in a bun/ponytail. In the past, I've gotten excellent growth doing this, however my ends suffered.

Well I've decided to do this again, but this time making sure to pay close attention to my ends so that they don't suffer.

Rules are:

1. Must post starting pics

2. Wear your hair in a wet/dry bun at least 3-4 days/week.

3. State products you are using to achieve your bun.

4. Post ending pics to that we can see if you were able to achieve any significant growth in the 2m period.

Let me know if you are interested in joining.....

What do you mean pay close attention to your ends? What happens to them? I don't know if I could wear a bun that many times in the week, however I did do the princess one for three days. Good luck!

Ends can easily tangle and develop knots if not properly moisturized.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 18th July 2010, 9:33 pm

embracingmycurls wrote:

What is and how do you do the princess bun?

embracingmycurls wrote:
@s4pphir3

I order from http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com. You can also order from amazon, and like oooop said if you have an indian grocery store near you.
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 21st July 2010, 3:23 pm

Hi Ladies... im still going strong with the bun challenge. Im hitting the gym this afternoon so i'll just rock a baseball cap with a low bun since tonight is co-wash night. No need to put on any product thats gonna be washed down the drain in a few hours. Oh Ive finally come to master smoothing down my edges sans a brush. I never thought my edges could lay so flat by simply spritzing water and conditioner on them while using my hands and a silk scarf for the smoothing process. Doing this keeps my edges smooth and laid down for the entire day. I'll just use a brush once a week to create the initial bun and use my hands the remainder of the week to maintain the smooth look. Also, im still using the goodie spin pins for my buns. These things are awesome [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Scrunchies and hair ties are a thing of the past...

Last edited by Keisha on 21st July 2010, 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 25th July 2010, 3:49 am

Keisha thanks for the tips. Will have to try them. Headed to New Orleans on Friday for a week and trying to decide on how to wear my bun. Will definitely try your techniques.

How is everyone doing?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 28th July 2010, 1:17 pm

Now its time for me to post.
I'm bunning with both wet and dry hair. I co-wash my hair every 4-5 days and DC at least once a week. Since I work at night, I take my bun and loosen it during
the day while I'm sleep. As for my ends, I mix different oils and put them on my hair, and spritz my hair with my water/glycerin/castor oil mix.

closeup pics aren't all that great, but hey...lol
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 30th July 2010, 8:29 pm

well its friday and im in a bun of course [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I called myself being really "protective" by not touching my hair for an entire week... big mistake. I wont go into too much detail about that experience but I did learn that my hair likes and needs to be cowashed atleast once a week. Its not good for me to go an entire week without putting water on my hair. With that said, im off to wash my hair. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 8th August 2010, 7:23 pm

Hey ladies...Sorry I've been MIA. Just got back from vacation. Planning on washing my hair daily and wearing in a bun all week. Hope everyone is doing well...
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 9th August 2010, 1:04 pm

Ive actually been doing this already...can I join in although im a little late?
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th August 2010, 3:57 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Ive actually been doing this already...can I join in although im a little late?

Sure....How's bunning going for you so far???
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 16th August 2010, 9:03 am

Its going well, I realized that protective styling for me throughout the work week is very convenient here are some of my "work" buns LOL

BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 19th August 2010, 9:28 am

Heres my work week bun that ive been rocking all week
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 19th August 2010, 6:53 pm

Cute..Love your bun Brownskin. I'm still wearing my same bun. This challenge is almost over. Hope everyone is getting the growth/retention they wanted...
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next