CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm having a spoiled brat moment

+2
Janet36603
deeply_rooted_chick
6 posters

Go down

I'm having a spoiled brat moment Empty I'm having a spoiled brat moment

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 19th June 2010, 12:12 am

Ok so I have asked about anyone I have gone into contact with the past few months...If I was to dye my hair what color should it be? Every one of them, but two has said blonde so today I got so pumped I told myself "After this long sucky shift at work I'm doing it! I'm dyin it blonde." I go home to ask my mom if she has time to dye my hair if I buy the box and she instantly shuts me down. "I'm not dying it blonde it'll ruin your hair go to a hairdresser." Ok so long story short I'm natural basically because after dying my hair and getting a relaxer, by a professional might I add, it all fell out. So now I can't trust anyone, but my mom to do it and she's refusing to. She saying lightening it is stripping a layer off my hair therefore it's unhealthy to do. I really never want to put myself into a hairstylist chair though. What do you guys think I should do? Hair dresser? Or keep pressuring my mom to do box dye?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

I'm having a spoiled brat moment Empty Re: I'm having a spoiled brat moment

Post by Janet36603 19th June 2010, 12:18 am

Hmm, well true enough dye can damage your hair if done by a professional but the same can be done if you do it at home and don't know what you're doing.

You could try using henna. I hear it colors the hair a little and lightens it (like a brown color, not a blonde though). I've never used it but there's a lot of info on the board about it and a tab about it on the curlynikki.com main page.

Hope that helps! Just be careful so you don't ruin all of your hard work going natural!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 19th June 2010, 12:24 am

True I'm almost a year so it would be stupid of me to set myself back. I would do henna but I heard it turns it red. I'll look more into it.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 19th June 2010, 6:48 am

Your mom's right technically. If she doesn't feel comfortable (with a box kit no less not even the professional ones you have to mix) then it may not come out right and your hair may suffer for it. I would either go to a professional (that's been referred to you so you know you won't be leaving bald lol) or just skip the color altogether
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 22nd June 2010, 3:46 pm

Well I know that henna alone gives red tones but I know other powders can give different tones. Cassia is known to give blonde/brownish tones and indigo gives black. I've heard that varying amounts of these and possibly mixing can dye different colors. But from what I've read cassia CAN NOT turn dark hair blond even from multiple treatments, however you can get an auburn color. So I think your best bet would just get it professionally done if you want that real BLONDE color.

If you still want to look into the dyes read at: hennaforhair.org, page 49 in the "eBOOK on henna" shows a chart that breaks down the mixes that can give different results for all hair colors.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 22nd June 2010, 4:04 pm

I read somewhere that when you are natural and you get your hair died you are no longer a natural because you used chemicals to dye your hair.. I never really actually thought about this until I read it and it made me think about it..

You already had a bad experience b4 with coloring so just be careful if you decide to do it again or just try Henna.. I know its not blond but that is the more safer route..

Good Luck and let us know what you decide
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd June 2010, 4:21 pm

if your mom said no, then i wouldn't pressure her about it. she probably won't change her mind. i don't think i'd trust a stylist to lighten my hair that much either. maybe the want will pass away?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 22nd June 2010, 4:27 pm

It is slowly passing. I may try that henna that does auburn, but as long as I can I'm staying away from thy awful stylist chair. Do any of u guys fear the stylist too?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd June 2010, 4:41 pm

yes, i actually feel silly for how i feel sometimes. but i'm nervous that the stylist might still have relaxer on her hands or apron or something and then touch my hair. i wish i could find a stylist who konws natural hair and only does natural hair.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 22nd June 2010, 4:47 pm

Me too there was an article of some hairstylist putting relaxer chemicals in conditioner Sad I'm kind of glad that I hav this fear tho cuz it pushes me to learn how to do things myself
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 22nd June 2010, 5:08 pm

Ironically, CurlyNikki just put up a post about dying natural hair lol. Check it out
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 23rd June 2010, 12:38 am

lol I favorited the link after reading it. I'm still thinking about ordering henna.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down