CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had a Weak Moment!

4 posters

Go down

Had a Weak Moment! Empty Had a Weak Moment!

Post by TheRYL1 22nd December 2009, 12:12 am

Earlier today I happened to come across some pictures of myself from a couple of years ago--two years exactly. And I must say my PERMED hair looked pretty nice! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It had me actually feeling kinda sad, yearning for it, I'm sorry to say! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I went to the mirror and looked at my current crop and thought "I need a perm!" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BUT--a big, ole junk-in the-trunk--BUT . . . my next thought was "Oh, NO. . . I've come toooo far to turn back now!!!!!"

Seriously, I'm really shocked because I never believed I would have that sort of yearning moment about my relaxed hair . . . shocked I tell ya! Well, now I know . . . and I'm glad I have a place to go to share this, as well as to see motivational curls to keep me on point. (My 18-yr. old daughter, just looked at me tripping in the mirror and shook her heard. She can't understand why I won't just "call Dr. Miracles".)

OK . . . I'm over it! As a matter a fact, I'm about to braid and wrap it up for the night! Take that relaxer!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (BTW, I LOVE these little smiley faces, especially this one!)

Renon
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Had a Weak Moment! Empty Re: Had a Weak Moment!

Post by traveljunkie08 22nd December 2009, 12:29 am

That happened to me a few times during my transition and at least once since I did the BC, so you're not alone. Usually thinking about how far I've come also snaps me back into reality.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 22nd December 2009, 1:59 am

I think my weak moment comes- when people ask - Well how long would it be if it were straight! My sister asked if I have eve-r presses it!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by msjakkia 22nd December 2009, 1:45 pm

I have them too, any time I see someone with long, healthy, straight and silky hair. I often see one of those then see and older woman with hair so thin that you can see her scalp, or another person who hair is obviously chemically damaged and am reminded that it could be me one day. I think we all have those moments, and you did right. You reminded how far you have come to turn back.
msjakkia
msjakkia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down