CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im SOOO done with Biotin and MSM

+7
predestined010
Ekaette
BajanPrincess82
Niqui36
kbelle
krissyc39
SiiSii94
11 posters

Go down

Im SOOO done with Biotin and MSM Empty Im SOOO done with Biotin and MSM

Post by SiiSii94 15th June 2010, 9:16 am

So,ive been taking these two vitamins well over 8 months, and before taking these, my skin was literally flawless.I would only get little breakouts around my period. Well, im done with these vitamins.The biotin i take is 5mg, and the Msm is 300mcg. I recently discovered that the MSM i have says "Hair,Skin,and Nails WITH MSM".So, i feel like im taking a heavy dosage of hair stuff :\\ My forehead has tiny bumps on it, and two on the side of my face.I'd rather have clear skin, than long hair.I dont think i can keep suffering with these pills just to achieve long hair.lol.
Now i feel like a pizza face :''((.It looks hideous.:{

But the problem is, im tempted to throw the pills out my regimen, but i like the results of my hair growing so much :\\\Ugghhh, I dont know what to do.
Should I just take a lower dosage? Get the multivitamins?Or just stop the vitamins all around?
Sad
SiiSii94
SiiSii94

Back to top Go down

Im SOOO done with Biotin and MSM Empty Re: Im SOOO done with Biotin and MSM

Post by krissyc39 15th June 2010, 12:10 pm

that's interesting. Well I've been taking biotin for 2 months and it is a B vitamin and supposed to help with all the external parts (hair, skin, nails). I'm taking the same dosage as you and haven't noticed any major changes with my moderate acne.

I think your hormones are just actin up and starting to give you zits :/ It happens to everyone. Just start a good skin regimen and keep the bumps under control from early or else you'll get scars and stuff.

I would think the biotin/msm would be the problem only if you weren't taking them for so long. 8 months is a long time for things to suddenly be changing.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 15th June 2010, 12:30 pm

Actually, I had the same problem too.
I heard that it is a way to balance it, but I have to research that again.
I think it's different per person because my son can take them (when he was growing out his hair for twists) and doesn't affect him at all. I took them and like you, went from clear skin to pizza face and I mean the huge hurting kind too.
I still take them, but I skip a day and take them every other day and the key is to drink a LOT of water. I drink like 1 liter a day (water bottle) when I take them or it will be really bad on my skin.
Maybe try drinking water with them - with the weather getting hot, you may be sweating more and need to replenish.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 15th June 2010, 1:18 pm

I was taking the GNC hair vitamins and they actually gave me a headache. The guy at the store told me lots of people cannot handle the biotin in the vitamins. He said drinking more water does help. I just stopped taking that type of vitamin. Now I just take a women's multivitamin with no problems.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 15th June 2010, 3:49 pm

I know that with Biotin you have to drink lots of water. When I first started taking Biotin I was doing well with drinking water, but as I slacked off, the breakouts came. My chin/jawline is my problem area anyway and the Biotin had me looking like an inflamed mess! I do still take MSM and haven't noticed the same side-effects. I take a pre-natal vitamin from GNC that has Biotin in it (a lot less than the actual Biotin capsules themselves) and it hasn't seemed to affect my skin. I've always had some form of acne so I look to take things that don't aggrivate it even more.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 15th June 2010, 5:49 pm

I'm still trying to fix my skin from my biotin/msm journey and I stopped taking them a couple of years ago. I don't have the breakouts anymore but the scars stayed Crying or Very sad
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by SiiSii94 15th June 2010, 10:08 pm

I was reading on Long hair care forum that many other ladies experienced breakouts, but they combatted it with B-complex vitamins and water.This morning i only took the biotin,B-complex, and Flaxseed oil.Throughout the dy i drank lots of water.I mean ALOT.lol.Id say at least 4 bottles, and 3 cups.So,im going to see if the B-complex and water help for at least a week.If they dont clear up by then,i guess ill have to stop taking them. Crying or Very sad
SiiSii94
SiiSii94

Back to top Go down

Post by predestined010 16th June 2010, 11:49 am

This is my dilemma as well my face has been breaking out especially on the sides of my face but Iam not sure if it is my horomones raging or the biotin so I going to go off the biotin for a month and see what happens because its no worth having big hair and pimple city all over.
predestined010
predestined010

Back to top Go down

Post by SiiSii94 16th June 2010, 12:16 pm

see,thts hw i feel about it.id rather have clear skin and shoulder length hair,than a pizza face and bra strap hair
SiiSii94
SiiSii94

Back to top Go down

Post by predestined010 16th June 2010, 12:33 pm

Touche!
predestined010
predestined010

Back to top Go down

Post by VonAngel 16th June 2010, 5:16 pm

SiiSii94 wrote:I was reading on Long hair care forum that many other ladies experienced breakouts, but they combatted it with B-complex vitamins and water.
This is the key w/ B vitamins. While they're water soluble, taken alone can cause all types of hormonal and physiological issues (i.e. acne, tingly nerves in hands/fingers). B vitamins work so closely together that if you have a deficiency in one, it can lead to ineffective functioning of any or all of the other B vitamins. So, if you want to take a B vitamin (especially in high doses...like Biotin 5000mcg), make sure to take a B-complex in addition for balance and to aid absorption.
VonAngel
VonAngel

http://angeliquethenovelist.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th June 2010, 5:30 pm

Sadly, a lot of forums suggest these vitamins and the individuals suggesting them do not always have any background in healthcare other than what they read on WebMd.
Be careful with what you put in your body because there are a lot of side effects that companies do not have to publish
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SiiSii94 17th June 2010, 12:03 pm

I think ill stop taking them all.I can't deal with waking up finding my skin breaking out on one side, etc. My hair would still grow reguardless :\. But nothing beats having smooth,clear skin and healthy medium length hair. Smile
*sigh* i miss my skin

*Burying Biotin and MSM* Sad
SiiSii94
SiiSii94

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCrys 28th August 2010, 2:30 am

Oh SiiSii94....don't be discouraged. I have been taking GNC-Biotin 600mcg for a of couple months now and I have experienced all of what the ladies shared including yourself. I have ALWAYS had clear beautiful skin UNTIL I started taking biotin. And guess what? after that trying period of bumps and my face just being a 'hot mess' it's completely back to normal....my secret LOTS of water daily. Don't give up on the biotin just be a bit more strict when it comes to your water consumption. And I must say there is an up side to this which is now since I've been taking biotin I ensure that I get my requested 8 glasses of water and more. So before you give up try again at least for a month and see how your skin responds. Also try to remember that too much of a GOOD thing can sometimes turn out to be a BAD thing and if 600mcg made me break out just imagine the toll you're placing on your body to now deal with 5mg of this stuff when your daily requirement is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less. So definitely lower your dosage and drink lots of water maybe in time you can gradually increase your dosage again.....good luck chica!

MissCrys

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 28th August 2010, 9:31 am

Very informative thread. I've been taking the Hair, Skin, and Nails from GNC. I noticed since taking them that my nails have been growing longer than usual, my skin has gotten break outs which I've never had a problem with before, but I don't see any change with my hair. I haven't been drinking as much water as I did when I first started on them, which would explain the break outs. But I started on them for my hair, which I don't see a change in, so I'm going to stop taking mine.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down