CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vitamin biotin & aloe vera

+8
jamaicanmecurly
BohoStreet
Apearl
jamaicacurl
iri9109
TMS
TaSiaJaY
nekajack
12 posters

Go down

vitamin biotin & aloe vera Empty vitamin biotin & aloe vera

Post by nekajack 27th December 2009, 9:42 pm

Has anyone use Biotin or Aloe Vera for hair growth. im currently using it to stimulate my hair growth...please share results
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

vitamin biotin & aloe vera Empty Re: vitamin biotin & aloe vera

Post by TaSiaJaY 31st December 2009, 12:52 am

Hi Nekajack...I bc'd my hair in July 09 and I started using biotin and and msm since using both I have had tremendous growth...I really have to set up my fotki album [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This photo was taken in July after I found a natural hair care website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This one was in Sept.
This one was in Oct before the Henna (great for loosening the curl and thickening hair) I have the length to do this hairstyle.
This is the after Henna Nov
And do you see how my edges are growing this last pic? Chunky Twist Out.... I am too too embarrassed and ashamed to show the damage I had done to my edges it is far worse than any I have seen on any website. (sigh)

Hope the results are interesting for you...Henna is really great also....smiling...and yet another helpful hint for you to explore...smiling
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 31st December 2009, 1:17 am

thank u so much for sharing...your edges have grow soooooooo much im struggling with my edges to b/c i had my son 3mths ago and you what happens afterward which is losing hair. i alway los it around my edges while the rest of my hair stays strong..lol weird. but ive been hearing alot about the henna i want to try it but im scary i am mix the wrong things butur hair is beautiful. i started taking flaxseed oil pills and iron b/c i heard the helps with hair growth also
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 31st December 2009, 1:53 am

Thank you for the compliment and you are welcom...and yes you are right about the pregnancy my thickness was gone too after I had my sons....I love the henna...use the cassia if you don't want a tint to your hair....the tint is not really noticeable unless in direct sunlight....It really thickens the hair...go to the henna forum there are so many wonderful tips for the result that you may be looking for....I have started taking iron (new vegetarian also)...and the flaxseed oil pills....Neka if anything at least we will be healthy inside and out!....lol....Take care....Tasia
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 31st December 2009, 1:54 am

P.S...Are we still up? laughing....love this website...
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 20th January 2010, 11:01 pm

@ TaSiaJaY - Thanks for the helpful information. I would like to know what is MSM?

@nekajack - Thanks for asking the question.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 20th January 2010, 11:38 pm

i take biotin[i alternate between the GNC hair skin nails which has 3000 mcg in 2 pills and the the Biotin 5000 mcg] and 2 1000 mg msm ...i just started a couple of weeks ago so i can't really tell...but make sure you drink alot of water because the biotin makes some ppl break out...the first couple of days i broke out a lil bit but now my face is basically clear...i also take a multi and iron [i'm anemic] and evening primrose oil and the advanced collagen formula that came with the hair skin nails package but idk if i would buy the package again.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 20th January 2010, 11:44 pm

TMS wrote:@ TaSiaJaY - Thanks for the helpful information. I would like to know what is MSM?

methylsulfonyl-methane
sulfur is an importany component of joint cartilage and other body tissues. [thats what the bottle says]

"Why does MSM help with the development of longer and stronger hair? Various scientific studies have proven that MSM contributes a definite normalizing effect on body functions.

The sulfur normally provided to the body by MSM is required for healthy collagen and keratin which are essential for healthy hair, skin and nails. MSM also has proven antioxidant benefits which can disrupt or alter damaging chain reactions of lipid peroxidation in the cell membranes.

MSM is considered to be one of the safest substances in biology, similar in toxicity to water. MSM and its related compounds are the source of 85 percent of the sulfur found in all living organisms. Many researchers believe that sulfur, is a sorely neglected mineral nutrient and plays an indispensable role in human nutrition.

MSM is volatile and is easily lost during even moderate processing. Cooking, drying, smoking, pickling, and long-term storage can deplete the MSM content of food. Unless the human diet is composed primarily of raw foods, it is unlikely that sufficient MSM will be ingested to significantly contribute to the nutritional sulfur requirement. "
-http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip904.htm

"MSM is quickly becoming known for its role in hair growth. MSM is a naturally occurring form of sulfur found in many foods. However, conventional processing and cooking methods significantly decrease the effectiveness of MSM from foods. This is why it may be beneficial to supplement MSM for hair growth.

How does it work? MSM can naturally lengthen your hair’s growth phase.

Your hair grows in three cycles: Growing, Resting, and Shedding. Each and every hair on your head (even body) is in one of these phases at all times. However, you may not notice significant shedding, because you have many other hairs in the other two phases at the same time.

So how will MSM make your hair grow longer? If your “Growing” phase lasts two years, and your hair normally grows one half inch per month, your hair will only grow 12 inches before entering the resting and shedding phases. (24 months times ½ inch per month).

On the other hand, if your “Growing” phase lasts 3 years, then it will grow 18 inches. (36 months times ½ inch per month).

Since your growth phase is genetically determined, there is no way this will change unless you use a supplement containing MSM. MSM is known to naturally increase the length of your hair’s growing phase."
-http://www.hairfinity.com/MSM-hair-growth.htm
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 21st January 2010, 12:35 am

I have gone back to taking my biotin (3000mcg) on a regular basis. I also massage my scalp a lot.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 22nd January 2010, 2:12 am

thank u ladies for your advice it helped me alot i've also been drinking alot of water daily and taking my flaxseed oil pills plus biotin and i have notice my hair in the back has grow alot over the pass 5mths and my edges really improved.
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Apearl 23rd January 2010, 11:05 pm

I took Biotin for over a year when I wanted to increase my hair growth to grow out color! It defiantly works! My hair grows fast already but it basically doubled in speed!

Warning, it can make your hair "every where" grow faster! I did not have a big problem with this but a few friends of mine who tried it were not happy about it!
Apearl
Apearl

http://public.fotki.com/ApearlC/

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 23rd January 2010, 11:48 pm

thanks for the information
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

vitamin biotin & aloe vera Empty Define "everywhere"

Post by BohoStreet 11th March 2010, 5:20 pm

When you say everywhere what do you mean? Not on the face...?

Apearl wrote:I took Biotin for over a year when I wanted to increase my hair growth to grow out color! It defiantly works! My hair grows fast already but it basically doubled in speed!

Warning, it can make your hair "every where" grow faster! I did not have a big problem with this but a few friends of mine who tried it were not happy about it!
BohoStreet
BohoStreet

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 11th March 2010, 6:32 pm

I use both biotin and aloe vera. I will say, I only take 1000mcg of biotin b/c I'm nervous to take more as it can throw off your potassium levels. But my hair is definitely growing faster than it has done in the past but I'm doing so many new things, I can't isolate one reason why it's happening... but I assume biotin and aloe play a role!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 11th March 2010, 6:50 pm

Are you guys drinking Aloe Vera juice or applying it topically?
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

vitamin biotin & aloe vera Empty Sorry for being so late

Post by TMS 11th March 2010, 7:02 pm

iri9109 wrote:
TMS wrote:@ TaSiaJaY - Thanks for the helpful information. I would like to know what is MSM?

methylsulfonyl-methane
sulfur is an importany component of joint cartilage and other body tissues. [thats what the bottle says]

"Why does MSM help with the development of longer and stronger hair? Various scientific studies have proven that MSM contributes a definite normalizing effect on body functions.

The sulfur normally provided to the body by MSM is required for healthy collagen and keratin which are essential for healthy hair, skin and nails. MSM also has proven antioxidant benefits which can disrupt or alter damaging chain reactions of lipid peroxidation in the cell membranes.

MSM is considered to be one of the safest substances in biology, similar in toxicity to water. MSM and its related compounds are the source of 85 percent of the sulfur found in all living organisms. Many researchers believe that sulfur, is a sorely neglected mineral nutrient and plays an indispensable role in human nutrition.

MSM is volatile and is easily lost during even moderate processing. Cooking, drying, smoking, pickling, and long-term storage can deplete the MSM content of food. Unless the human diet is composed primarily of raw foods, it is unlikely that sufficient MSM will be ingested to significantly contribute to the nutritional sulfur requirement. "
-http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip904.htm

"MSM is quickly becoming known for its role in hair growth. MSM is a naturally occurring form of sulfur found in many foods. However, conventional processing and cooking methods significantly decrease the effectiveness of MSM from foods. This is why it may be beneficial to supplement MSM for hair growth.

How does it work? MSM can naturally lengthen your hair’s growth phase.

Your hair grows in three cycles: Growing, Resting, and Shedding. Each and every hair on your head (even body) is in one of these phases at all times. However, you may not notice significant shedding, because you have many other hairs in the other two phases at the same time.

So how will MSM make your hair grow longer? If your “Growing” phase lasts two years, and your hair normally grows one half inch per month, your hair will only grow 12 inches before entering the resting and shedding phases. (24 months times ½ inch per month).

On the other hand, if your “Growing” phase lasts 3 years, then it will grow 18 inches. (36 months times ½ inch per month).

Since your growth phase is genetically determined, there is no way this will change unless you use a supplement containing MSM. MSM is known to naturally increase the length of your hair’s growing phase."
-http://www.hairfinity.com/MSM-hair-growth.htm

Thanks for the information.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 12th March 2010, 5:56 am

So I have a question.. If is biotin only in pill form or is there shampoos and or conditioners with biotin in it? Also, the Aloe Vera is that in pill form or do you put actual Aloe Vera in your hair?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 12th March 2010, 11:53 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:So I have a question.. If is biotin only in pill form or is there shampoos and or conditioners with biotin in it? Also, the Aloe Vera is that in pill form or do you put actual Aloe Vera in your hair?

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe website and there were a couple of shampoos and conditioners with biotin.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/query.jsp?q=biotin+shampoo&intsource2=main&tab_selection=personal_care

Haven't tried any so I can't recommend any, but I'm sure one of the more experienced ladies will chime in.

I believe the Aloe Vera is put on the hair and/or scalp and not in pill form.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 14th March 2010, 3:44 am

BohoStreet wrote:When you say everywhere what do you mean? Not on the face...?

Apearl wrote:I took Biotin for over a year when I wanted to increase my hair growth to grow out color! It defiantly works! My hair grows fast already but it basically doubled in speed!

yeah i have to wax my eyebrows alot more often and i started getting thick sideburns
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th March 2010, 10:44 am

Ok so I am online and I am about to order MSM and Biotin... I am going to try it and see how it goes. My husband is already looking at the delivery people crazy because I keep ordering stuff and sending it home because I am about to go home on Vaca... The post man came to him while he was on the phone with me and he was like wth my wife order now.. The guy just started laughing.. (it was my denman brush)... I am about to order from the MSM for hair growth site that Iri posted (which was great info by the way chica).. Is there another site that carries it also?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 14th March 2010, 1:33 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:Ok so I am online and I am about to order MSM and Biotin... I am going to try it and see how it goes. My husband is already looking at the delivery people crazy because I keep ordering stuff and sending it home because I am about to go home on Vaca... The post man came to him while he was on the phone with me and he was like wth my wife order now.. The guy just started laughing.. (it was my denman brush)... I am about to order from the MSM for hair growth site that Iri posted (which was great info by the way chica).. Is there another site that carries it also?

i just get my biotin & MSM from GNC...they sell it at the vitamin shoppe too...idk if they have those in iraq lol but you can still order them from the gnc or vitamin shoppe website
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 14th March 2010, 3:36 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:Ok so I am online and I am about to order MSM and Biotin... I am going to try it and see how it goes. My husband is already looking at the delivery people crazy because I keep ordering stuff and sending it home because I am about to go home on Vaca... The post man came to him while he was on the phone with me and he was like wth my wife order now.. The guy just started laughing.. (it was my denman brush)... I am about to order from the MSM for hair growth site that Iri posted (which was great info by the way chica).. Is there another site that carries it also?

A lot of ladies on another board use vitacost.com because of discounts, I think.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 14th March 2010, 8:34 pm

I take my daily biotin vitamin pill every other day and that is bc I am horrible with remembering to take my pills every day...lolll...I don't know if it is making my hair grow more or if it is nature taking its course....but my hair has grown significantly after I BC'd a month ago....
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down