CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biotin Supplement

+9
GlamourDoll
gotcurls?
Luscious Mahogany
Islandexslave
jenerett
jaylin20032003
nerdography
Stephy0306
willi77
13 posters

Go down

Biotin Supplement Empty Biotin Supplement

Post by willi77 12th November 2010, 12:58 pm

Hi Ladies, I'm currrently transitioning (into my 6th month) and I'm planning to chop at the beginning of April. I want to maximize my growth before my chop and I was thinking about purchasing biotin as a vitamin supplement. Have any of you had any experience with it? Any pros or cons? Thanks for your help Very Happy

willi77

Back to top Go down

Biotin Supplement Empty Re: Biotin Supplement

Post by Stephy0306 12th November 2010, 1:22 pm

No im sorry i havent but i was thinking the same thing. I heard tht Biotin really helps your hair to grow and plus its good for everything like nails and skin also. But i also take a daily iron supplement and they both basically have the same things in it. I notice tht when i regulary take the iron supplement my hair do seem to be in bettrer health and stronger. But i lack iron so its good for me. You can always find a good GYN who. There not only for women issues down there lol but for beauty solutions as well.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by nerdography 15th November 2010, 8:05 am

I use Biotin, it made my eyelashes grow like crazy. I haven't noticed anything with hair growth yet, but I'm guessing that it take a little longer.

Also, so people had issue with acne. I broke out a little, but drinking a lot of water will help alleviate that. And taking other B-Supplements, will help balance everything out. I take Super B-Complex.

All B-Vitamins are water soluble and you body will eliminate anything that it doesn't need. And your urine will be neon yellow.

But, Biotin works. I got a 100 tablet bottle from Target for $1.00.

nerdography

Back to top Go down

Post by willi77 15th November 2010, 10:50 pm

Thanks Nerdography for the heads-up, i definitely do not want the acne...but i'll take the growth. How long have you been taking biotin and how many mcg a day?

I bought some on the weekend and have been taking it with a multivitamin. I guess I'll see what happens.

willi77

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 16th November 2010, 1:06 am

ive been taking biotin for awhile, it definately makes my nails get stronger and healthier. i normally take 5000 mcg a day and i did an experiment and tried taking 10000 mcg a day and i could see the increase in growth. so it definately works, but it is a little annoying when my eyebrows grow faster, so i have to get them arched a little sooner. but i'll take it! and i did have acne on my back and forehead sometimes, but i think that was because a) i was washing my hair while i showered b) i would wear twistie "bangs" and the oil i used was a bit too much lol. hth!
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 16th November 2010, 1:52 am

I personally couldn't do over 3000 mcg withouy breaking out horribly, even if I drank a ton of water. I used it for months and didn't notice any difference in nails or hair. My nails starting growing beautifully once I started using a really good multivitamin. It may be better to get a good Hair, Nails and Skin vitamin than to just load up on biotin.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by nerdography 16th November 2010, 4:04 pm

Willi77

I was taking 2000mcg a day. I stopped for a while until my skin cleared up. Now I'm taking 1000mcg a day and I haven't had any problems. But I've also been taking extra vitamin B to balance out the biotin.

nerdography

Back to top Go down

Post by Islandexslave 21st February 2011, 2:31 pm

Hi I tried the 3000mcg a day and got bad acne on my forehead (haven't seen that in 10 years)Sad On the upside my hair grew like crazy (about 3/4 inch in one month and nails were nice and strong. Not everyone gets the acne side effect - but watch out for it

Islandexslave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 22nd February 2011, 12:39 pm

That's interesting I haven't taken Biotin in a long while but I never knew some people got acne break outs from it. Horsetail is also a good supplement that helps with hair growth. I used to take both of these but just fell off so I'm going back to it. Good luck!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 22nd February 2011, 5:24 pm

I've been taking biotin and msm (one of each a day) for a month now and it did bring on a little bit of acne that soon faded. i seen a huge diference in the condition of my nails though! my hair is thicker and seemingly stronger, but i'm not sure if it's because of the Wild Hair Growth Oil or of the supplements. Before using products and taking supplements to promote hair growth, it might be best to get to know your hair's pattern of growth so you don't either be super surprised from what u think is a MIRACLE or you know when something isn't working right for you! good luck!!
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GlamourDoll 23rd February 2011, 1:56 am

I've been taking the Biotin and MsM vitamins my nails are xtra strong I dnt have any acne problems but I can't tell if my hair is growing oh yea and my eyebrows grow back fast so maybe if my eyebrows are growing fast maybe my hair on my head is too I can say I BC'd on 12-25-2011 and my hair grew out fast frm that so maybe the pills are working Lol.

GlamourDoll

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 9th March 2011, 10:51 pm

I am currently taking a biotin supplement and I usually try to take anywhere from 1000 - 3000 mcg per day with meals. I have been doing this for the past few months and have noticed definte hair growth on my head but not anywhere else (I was hoping for thicker lashes too!) Also I've had a few breakouts lately so maybe this is the reason why. Guess I'll need to up my water intake!
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaGibson 14th March 2011, 4:36 pm

This is awesome information ladies. I already have bad acne, I wonder if I take the Biotin, will it clear it up. Hmmm, never hurts to try.

AnaGibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Hair Do Care 16th March 2011, 6:54 pm

I took Biotin everyday for 2 months. I am not sure whether it was the dosage of 5000mcg but after drinking over a gallon a day I still broke out with severe acne. I started taking it every other day and had the same issues. I have heard both great growth stories and some horror stories but my story is I would rather have nice skin and shorter hair than long hair with a bunch of acne. I suggest you try it and if the acne comes then put the left over biotin in your conditioner. It will still strengthen your hair. Hope this advice helps

Big Hair Do Care

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyCurl 16th March 2011, 9:18 pm

The first time I started taking Biotin I was taking around 3000mcg. My nails were like steel! This time around I was taking 4000mcg. My nails are hard as rocks again, and this time my lashes have sprouted. Only bad thing is that my skin has flipped out. I have NEVER ever had breakouts in my life. Thankfully I have a lot of red in my skin tone which hides the breakouts. I am waiting for my skin to calm down before I start taking it again. This time I will go back down to my 3000mcg.
DannyCurl
DannyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down