CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Nik G of BeadsBraidsBeyond

+29
coilylove
laleepop14
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
yoli
Hollis
Mom2KurlyT
back2basics
Pinkrage
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Sweetypie
CurlyCutiesx3
simara0507
tiashaunteƩ
anaturalessence
NhappyJackie
jad928
oooop2
naturalfabulosity
mrsrenaissance
Lynnieluve
Notthecoolmom
labon10
nalena
BajanPrincess82
NikG20
Frizzcurls427
*CurlyNikki*
33 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Ask Nik G of BeadsBraidsBeyond - Page 6 Empty Re: Ask Nik G of BeadsBraidsBeyond

Post by NikG20 1st July 2010, 8:48 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:So I think I am finally gonna give Bee Mine another try. This time I am gonna purchase the moisturizer like you suggested.

Give me the step by step process of how you use Bee Mine products for twisting. After I rinse out my deep conditioner, would you suggest using the Moisturizer and the Curly Butter only? I usually apply a leave in, oil, my shea butter mix, then the curly butter. So I guess my question is do you still use a leave in conditioner along with the products?

I call myself checking the blog [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I didnt find it.

Nope all I do is apply the moisturizer then the curly butter on top, nothing else. I would suggest trying that first to see how your hair likes it. If you try it let me know how it goes! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Ask Nik G of BeadsBraidsBeyond - Page 6 Empty Re: Ask Nik G of BeadsBraidsBeyond

Post by curlyscot 18th August 2010, 9:19 am

Do you ever blow dry your daughter's hair? I have found someone to braid my daughter's hair and she does a great job. However, she insists on blowdrying it first (medium heat setting) to make it easier to braid. Do you think this will be damaging in the long run?
curlyscot
curlyscot

http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 27th August 2010, 8:10 pm

curlyscot wrote:Do you ever blow dry your daughter's hair? I have found someone to braid my daughter's hair and she does a great job. However, she insists on blowdrying it first (medium heat setting) to make it easier to braid. Do you think this will be damaging in the long run?

Hi curlyscot,

I hope I'm not too late, but no, I do not blow dry her hair. I do band her hair though, which in my opinion gives the same look as blow drying. It does take longer, waiting for the hair to dry, depends on how many days you band before styling, etc. But I think it's worth it. If I were you, I wouldn't want to risk heat damage. There's no way to tell if her hair would be damaged afterwards or not, but again, I wouldn't want to risk it. I'd try stretching her hair another way: banding, braiding, twisting.

Hope that helps!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th August 2010, 4:37 pm

I love the Avi, that lil angel of yours is so beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th November 2010, 12:31 pm

I just stop by to say thanks for the compliment on my avatar!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th February 2011, 2:45 pm

hey there!! love A's hair!! she's actually one of my hair idols Very Happy

question: did you notice A's hair weighed down more and had less tangles when you used kinky curly custard?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum