CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair

+4
NubieNatty
blondie
DarlingCocoa
vmichelle
8 posters

Go down

Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair Empty Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair

Post by vmichelle 29th December 2009, 1:20 am

Hello CN World!!!

I am in dier need of a hair care regimen for dry hair. Here is a little bit about my story

I had been wearing a perm from the age o about 11. I decided on my 25 birthday That I would not get another perm. I started to flat iron my hair to still achieve the silky look. I was in denial thinking that I could still wear my hair straight as long as I didn't perm it. I started to damage my hair with the heat ans eventually grew the perm out by trimming my ends. All the perm is gone but I still struggle with straight ends when I am doing styles like two strand twist. When my hair is wet I see a bit of pop with my curls which let's me know there is still hop for me. I will be chopping off three inches in a couple of days to start sort of a new beginning. I can feel a BC coming soon becaue I am tired of the dryness ans straight ends. I am going to try chipping some off first to see the results I get.

With all that being said I am in need of a GOOD regimen for dry hair( products, techinques, other people etc welcomed). I want my end result to feel like butter!! LOL.
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair Empty Re: Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair

Post by DarlingCocoa 29th December 2009, 1:42 am

When I first BC'ed everynight I would put some shea butter on my hair then seal that with some extra virgin olive oil then put a plastic cap on it overnight (the baggy method), my hair would be super soft by morning, not sure how well that will do in the winter time but it def helps dry hair woes.
DarlingCocoa
DarlingCocoa

Back to top Go down

Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair Empty Re: Semi Newbie Needs a Regimen for Extremely Dry Hair

Post by vmichelle 29th December 2009, 2:02 am

Thanks Cocoa!!!!

Is it also true that you can use Shea butter as a sealant as well???
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 4:26 am

vmichelle wrote:Thanks Cocoa!!!!

Is it also true that you can use Shea butter as a sealant as well???

Yup.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th December 2009, 5:06 pm

for dry hair i co wash with hello hydration and grease my scalp w/coconut oil. u might want to try oil rinses too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 29th December 2009, 5:12 pm

deep condition the hear. I my self had heat damage and my hair was dull. I would dee[ condition with avacado once a month and every two weeks I would deep condition with my fav conditioner. I see much improvement. also try evoo
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 29th December 2009, 7:07 pm

Thanks guys!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th December 2009, 7:09 pm

I second deep conditioning, or find a moisturizing leave-in. I'm currently on the search for a good leave-in that's not water based...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 29th December 2009, 7:50 pm

My method, right now since it's winter I am not frequenting wasn n go's as often. I am doing twist outs or pony tails as much as possible.

If I'm wearing twist out, at night I retwist before going to bed. I have a spray bottle with a lil conditioner, water (more water than conditioner), olive oil and a couple drops of sage oil. I spray each section about 3 squirts then retwist that section. I then seal the ends with either coconut oil or shea butter. I only do about 7-10 twists. In the morning, I unravel the twists, fluff, lay down my edges and go. My hair feels a lil greasy at night as I'm retwisting, but by morning, the oil has been totally absorbed leaving shiny, moist hair!

If I'm rocking a pony tail, I leave the pony tail in when I go to bed. In the morning, I just spray a few squirts of my mixture, then lay down the edges with gel or shea butter and go.

Following this regimen, my hair never has a chance to dry out.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 29th December 2009, 8:15 pm

Veela you have truly helped me out a lot! I think I have found my solution to dried out twist outs...RETWIST and moisturize at night...oh the things you will learn my just asking questions!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 4th January 2010, 10:34 am

Wow, your hair looks amazing. I'm glad my it worked out for you!
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 12:03 pm

Thanks Veela. Tried a DC with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose and it did wonders for my hair. Left it really soft!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 4th January 2010, 1:03 pm

Oh yea, I use that too. I leave a lil in also as a leave in. Not as much and I always put another conditioner on top of that Aubrey for leave in. Well you are doing great.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLizziA 4th January 2010, 1:07 pm

vmichelle wrote:Thanks Veela. Tried a DC with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose and it did wonders for my hair. Left it really soft!

Im glad you tried that sis! How's your plunge into the natural hair care world been going?
MsLizziA
MsLizziA

http://strawberricurls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 2:07 pm

MsLizziA wrote:
vmichelle wrote:Thanks Veela. Tried a DC with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose and it did wonders for my hair. Left it really soft!

Im glad you tried that sis! How's your plunge into the natural hair care world been going?

It's been good Big Sis!!! Check out my Butters n Bars Challenge thread for my update on the products. I am in LOVE!!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 2:08 pm

Veela wrote:Oh yea, I use that too. I leave a lil in also as a leave in. Not as much and I always put another conditioner on top of that Aubrey for leave in. Well you are doing great.

I use Hello Hydration as my leave-in by recommendation of my Big Sis Misslizzia!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 4th January 2010, 2:50 pm

Ok, I just updated my avatar to show a recent twist out. The other pic was from May shortly after my bc.. the twist out was last week, after about 4 days
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 3:03 pm

Veela wrote:Ok, I just updated my avatar to show a recent twist out. The other pic was from May shortly after my bc.. the twist out was last week, after about 4 days

I see ya waves popping VEEEEEELAAAAA!!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLizziA 4th January 2010, 4:01 pm

vmichelle wrote:
MsLizziA wrote:

It's been good Big Sis!!! Check out my Butters n Bars Challenge thread for my update on the products. I am in LOVE!!! LOL

That's good to hear! It gets better and better as time goes on.
MsLizziA
MsLizziA

http://strawberricurls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down