CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

+81
TXCHOCLTE
tamtam7
Neems
kim
freckledmom4
mizcreativelyme
j. kinky
Hurricane Curly
Nikcoils
CurlyChefRobin
laleepop14
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
ktoliver5303
swoodward
priceless
QuietButterfly
MomnWife
NaturalNixon
Muz
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
iri9109
krazy coils
LadyMika
CurlsGalore
TMS
jlowman1
poeticlyspkng
LaToya28
NubieNatty
MellowOne
CurlCita
Juices-n-Berries
marbar1908
cutephantasm
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
exhale1913
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
truet
Erica5417
TerraD
d.denise
CocaColaCutie
Lynnieluve
lovesunshine17
kchapman06
Freestyles
tiashaunteé
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
tiffyd
Courtie
sweetdrk1
curly+kinky+fierce
Winnielours
Leila
beautifuleyez
HumanNature
vonda4b
ChrsLvsBks
boingboing
perkynapp
ButterQueen
steppinOUT
naturalmommyGA
MeekMonique
dajewel
crvng4mr
D-Lish
nmoultry
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
85 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Empty Re: AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

Post by AfrikanLatina 27th May 2010, 6:50 pm

His shirt is a Children's Place Original lol I have never experienced results like this and I do my best to give honest reviews/opinions on products so believe me when I say, "This stuff is good" (for me at least)

As far as be. goes I chose the name because this go 'round I'm more inclined to just let my mane do her thing. I don't stretch it anymore...I was doing it before and was wondering why I was dealing with hair that was too straight. The less manipulation the better. I don't fight frizz like I used to and I am determined to find 2 product lines that work for her so I can tame the inner PJ and just let her be.

Last edited by AfrikanLatina on 27th May 2010, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical error)
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th May 2010, 1:00 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:As far as be. goes I chose the name because this go 'round I'm more inclined to just let my mane do her thing. I don't stretch it anymore...I was doing it before and was wondering why I was dealing with hair that was too straight. The less manipulation the better. I don't fight frizz like I used to and I am determined to find 2 product lines that work for her so I can tame the inner PJ and just let her be.
Love how you came up with your hair's name.

As far as Maxwell, go, go, go...his concerts are amazing! LOL, I've only been to one and vowed not to miss him, Jill Scott or Kindred the Family Soul again.

Oh yeah, don't forget to make separate entries in the SavvyBrown contest.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 7:06 am

Girl I see that NTCM hooked you up!! I like those earrings on you. The color is perfect!

So I see you are lovin your Qhemet as well!!! I will never be without mine.. especially now that I know that I can buy it from 'Uncle Funky's Daughter here in Houston!!!

I love the GAME I DVR that show everyday!! (reruns of course)

Oh...sorry I almost forgot...you hair looks good...I like how healthy it looks. Has the shedding stopped?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th May 2010, 8:07 am

Cute earrings!!! I love it! Your son is too adorable! Just a cutie pie! I love your twist headband, too!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 28th May 2010, 3:59 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:As far as be. goes I chose the name because this go 'round I'm more inclined to just let my mane do her thing. I don't stretch it anymore...I was doing it before and was wondering why I was dealing with hair that was too straight. The less manipulation the better. I don't fight frizz like I used to and I am determined to find 2 product lines that work for her so I can tame the inner PJ and just let her be.
Love how you came up with your hair's name.

As far as Maxwell, go, go, go...his concerts are amazing! LOL, I've only been to one and vowed not to miss him, Jill Scott or Kindred the Family Soul again.

Oh yeah, don't forget to make separate entries in the SavvyBrown contest.
Thanks Chrs. be. has a mind of her own sometimes so it fits. I sooooo want to go see Maxwell. I usually like to get really good seats for people that I love but that means expensive and I just can't spend $100+ for concert tickets right now. I may have to sit higher up and not on the floor this time Sad lol I have to see who I can get to go with me. Thank you for letting me know to separate my entries!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Girl I see that NTCM hooked you up!! I like those earrings on you. The color is perfect!

So I see you are lovin your Qhemet as well!!! I will never be without mine.. especially now that I know that I can buy it from 'Uncle Funky's Daughter here in Houston!!!

I love the GAME I DVR that show everyday!! (reruns of course)

Oh...sorry I almost forgot...you hair looks good...I like how healthy it looks. Has the shedding stopped?

KNH
Thanks dear. I've heard good things about UF'sD. Thank you in regard to be. I still have some shedding but I think its just normal now. I don't have GINORMOUS clumps coming out anymore. Smile
CurlsGalore wrote:Cute earrings!!! I love it! Your son is too adorable! Just a cutie pie! I love your twist headband, too!
Thanks sis! Smile

I'm DCing today. While my hair still felt good when I woke up this morning I have a Christening to go to tomorrow and I wanted to start fresh. I'll probably just do the flat twist headband look again or a twistout. We'll see. One of my really good sista girls is coming down from Connecticut so I'm super excited to see her. I inspired her to go natural last year so I'm anxious to see what her hair looks like Smile AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Icon_bounce

Ladies be sure to check out Savvy's Bee Mine Giveaway!! CLICK HERE! AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Icon_biggrin
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th May 2010, 4:18 pm

Hey honey..just to be in the building with Maxwell and Jill!! do it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th May 2010, 6:03 pm

I like your hair's name! be.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st May 2010, 4:35 pm

ok so yea correction...it was tia's sister who was dating malik. i mean i knew what u meant plus even i cant tell em apart. im guessing she hooked her sister up wit malik (hosea sanchez) and i dont blame her cuz he IS a cutie...but they was on wendy williams last week and i think she's back to datin a chez whitey!

qhemets is DEFINITELY a keeper and i seen that moisture busting all up n THRU there. amla n honey balm is a winning combo!!

as far as maxwell...i WISH i had $200 to drop on ONE tkt cuz i wouldve took advantage of goin to that concert myself. now i gotta beat out hundreds of radio listeners to WIN my FREE tkts...again!! he does put on a good show so i know its worth it. im mad i just missed badu's concert here recently and i just KNEW they'd add a second show **kicking rocks** but i mainly wanna see jill scott cuz i can only imagine how magnificent her voice is LIVE. her and floetry have phenomenal LIVE performances!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 1st June 2010, 4:57 pm

@Nubie: I think I'm going to pass on my side boo Maxwell and just catch him another time. I was listening to the radio and he was saying that he was hoping to put out his next album later on this year I believe but with the success of Black Summer's Night he is going to put it off. Now that's how you know you have IT!! Maybe I can get my hunny to sing me Pretty Wings and Sumthin Sumthin lol.

So I've been gone for a few days and I know I've missed so much but I'll catch up eventually. I had a great weekend with family and friends. We went to 2 cookouts in 2 cities and mama is pooped. It was hot as all hell both Saturday and Sunday. We went to my grandmothers house on Sunday and the in laws yesterday. I'll post a few pictures later along with my length check for the BAA challenge. Smile Lata curlies!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st June 2010, 4:59 pm

Awwww. I LOVVVVVVVVVE the name you have for your hair. It's so awesome and self-explanatory. Just be.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 1st June 2010, 5:31 pm

Hey AL! I 'm glad you enjoyed your holiday Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd June 2010, 2:13 pm

Hey sis!! I'm trying to catch up but I must've been reading too fast cuz I missed the hair name. I gotta go back.

Smooches
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 2:59 pm

Hey A.L.! What's new?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 3:03 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey A.L.! What's new?
I'm with poeticlyspkng! what's new? Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th June 2010, 5:21 pm

Thanks for checking up on me ladies Smile All is well!

Mama has been running(not literally lol) but I've been trying to enjoy this weather, my baby is growing up before my eyes, and hubby hasn't been feeling well the past couple of days but he's better now. Taj is walking (assisted of course) but walking nonetheless. I know its only a matter of time until he lets go of his walker and starts walking on his own. He's been practicing his balance by letting go and seeing how long he can stand before either holding on again or falling to his butt. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Icon_cry I'm SERIOUSLY excited and sad all at the same time. I sit here and smile while he's exploring but start to tear up from time to time when I see how much he's learned and grown in such a short time. I'm going to accept his mommas boy tendencies for as long as they last.

I am going to post pictures as soon as I get on my other laptop. I downloaded the pictures on a different computer this time. Be back later with my BAA Challenge stats and maybe even a video review of Qhemet Biologics if I figure out how to do it on this camcorder. NO PROMISES THOUGH LOL
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th June 2010, 11:02 am

Nothing new in my hair world...I'm still loving Qhemets. I thought I would get around to doing a full review on it yesterday but I had too much fun with my son, crocheting a baby blanket, and catching up on old episodes of Bones. Smile I intended to take him to the park but it was sooo hot and by the time it cooled off enough he was content on pushing his walker around the living room, pulling down dvds, and licking/biting the coffee table. With those last two activities I spent a good deal of that time saying, "NO TAJ!" Finally I had to put his little butt in "crib time out" lol After his nap that was supposed to just be a time out to calm his little baby nerves we went to the arts district downtown and listened to some live "Afro-Salsa" music and had dinner at this great restaurant called Sweet Potatoes. Great day if you ask me considering daddy was at work all day.

We had initially planned to be with my sister in law since her Cesarean is scheduled for Monday. Can't wait to meet the little guy! Hubby decided we should wait until Monday morning to go. I passed up on two different event invitations yesterday but such is life. I had fun with my stinkabutt AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Herz

I should've pre-pood last night but I didn't even think about it so I'm going to do a henna gloss today. Be back with those results probably later this week since we'll be with the new addition to the family tomorrow.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 10:30 am

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

The joys of motherhood are truly marvelous. You are truly a great mom!

LOL @ stinkabutt
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 10:48 am

Hi A.L.! Just saying hi since I frequently read your journal Smile And again, thanks for sharing that masque in the skin forum!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th June 2010, 1:17 pm

thats so sweet u got mommy n son time! mason's such my lil sidekick except when it comes to shoppin! AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Icon_mad within the first 20 min he's like "mommy can we go" or "im tired" and see THATS why i need my lil madison cuz men just arent born to shop...unless their **cue wendy** HOW U DOIN!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th June 2010, 12:41 am

Cherish these times with your son! Seems like just yesterday that I was crying when my son got his first hair cut and now he's 16 and looking to drive! I wish they could stay young forever.

@Nubie- LOL! That's hilarious!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 8th June 2010, 9:21 pm

So how crazy is this: My sister in law was scheduled to arrive for for her c-section on Monday at 6:30 am and they would actually perform it at 8:30am. They called her at almost 11:00pm on Sunday night and told her some BS. The Dr. was out of town and he wanted to ensure that the babys lungs were fully developed. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Icon_eek If there was an indication that the babys lungs weren't developed why would you wait until the night before she's scheduled to deliver to say something. So I know that part was straight BS. He was out of town and either 1) didn't make it back in time or 2) didn't plan on making it back and someone(the nurse is the one that called) dropped the ball and didn't call until the last minute!! That is just craziness to me. So now they are rescheduling. That's ONE of the reasons I never want to have a child in a hospital. I have my theories on why she was treated this way but I digress...We all just want her and the baby to be okay in the end Smile

@Chrs...awww thank you sis. That's sweet of you to say. I can't wait to meet you at the hair expo. Smile Stinkabutt is one of two names that I call him on the regular. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Herz
@ Muz...Hey lady. You're very welcome.
@Nubie...If Taj is anything like his dad he won't be going shopping with me either if he has any choice(which he probably wont)
@PS...I cherish all the moments I have with this little man because I know we are so blessed to have him Smile

There is absolutely nothing new in hair news. Still full of moisture but oh yeah, there is one thing that is new. I have always had breakage in the back of my head(even during the creamy crack days) for some reason and it has started again. The hair grows and then it breaks off. The only thing that I can think of that would be the culprit is my scarf. I tie it in the same spot every night and sometimes wear it all day if I'm not going anywhere(stay at home mom). So what I think I'm going to do is 1) spritz with horsetail mix daily 2)massage JBCO/Rosemary mix on it daily and 3) only wear my scarf if I'm going to bed or laying down. Hopefully I can nurse this area back to life. Well there is one more thing I can think of but it probably/maybe has nothing to do with it. Because I used to wear a short cut when I was relaxed I would always keep the back of my head "laid" and in order to do that I would relax that part more often than the rest of my hair but when I did do the rest of my hair I would do this part as well. What do you ladies think? Any thoughts?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 11:01 pm

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 32 Icon_biggrin the new avatar!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 9th June 2010, 10:53 am

Smile Thanks Chrs.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 11th June 2010, 7:38 pm

Well thank goodness I didn't get my hopes up on going to see Maxwell and Jill Scott and had already reconciled to not going. Apparently the last leg of the tour (all dates after the June 26th date in NY) has been cancelled. I feel so sorry for anyone that had there hearts set on going. That really sucks.

No hair news, still twisted up and loving not having to do much other than apply a little castor oil to my scalp. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:12 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:Well thank goodness I didn't get my hopes up on going to see Maxwell and Jill Scott and had already reconciled to not going. Apparently the last leg of the tour (all dates after the June 26th date in NY) has been cancelled. I feel so sorry for anyone that had there hearts set on going. That really sucks.

No hair news, still twisted up and loving not having to do much other than apply a little castor oil to my scalp. Smile
Wow, that does suck. So glad my tix are for the show Friday.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next