CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by sweetdrk1 19th December 2009, 11:04 pm

I love your family pics and I think the twist out came out good. I am so trying to achieve that...not there yet!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 21st December 2009, 8:07 pm

@lovesunshine17, thanks! i used hicks edges to slick the one side up. it's not a natural product at all, but it gets the job done and doesn't dry my hair out like when i tried slicking my hair up with gel.

@sweetdrk1 thanks girl. just keep practicing. you know it's all a trial and error game. i still feel like i have a ways to go before it looks like how i want.

in other hair news i attempted to flat iron my hair this weekend. i did my nape, but the ends weren't getting straight so i ended up abandoning the whole mission. besides i was scared that it wouldn't curl back up so i sprayed some water on it quick fast and in a hurry.

i ended up throwing it into a side ponytail and twisted the pony part. i unraveled it and it looked pretty good. with a nice hair flower it could be a contender for christmas hair.

i was also thinking about doing kinky curly on my hair since i'll pretty much be home all week and it would have plenty of time to dry.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 22nd December 2009, 6:33 pm

i think i'm going to do a test run on some bantu knots for a holiday hair do. my hair is pretty much stretched from the attempted flat iron job i did over the weekend. we'll see.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd December 2009, 7:20 pm

today i tried out some hair combs to fashion an updo and i think that it maybe the way to go for holiday hair. Maybe a few spiral curls in the front. i always come up with this grand hair plans in my head but then i don't follow thru half the time. i'm terrible.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 23rd December 2009, 8:37 pm

can we see some pix of the spiral and how do you do spiral curls
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 24th December 2009, 12:37 pm

truet wrote:can we see some pix of the spiral and how do you do spiral curls

sorry truet, i so did not follow through with that plan. i woke up this morning and had defined curls on my mind so i washed my hair and put in some kinky curly. i'll pretty much be sitting around the house anyway so it'll have plenty of time to dry.

here are some pics of it wet:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 1209ki10

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 1209ki11

i think my hair has grown! the last time i can remember putting kinky curl all over my head was in may. here's a wet pic from then:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 0509ki10
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2009, 12:44 pm

Yes, you hair has definitely grown. Don't you just love looking back at pics to see growth. You hair looks good too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th December 2009, 1:04 pm

nice growth!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th December 2009, 3:13 pm

Great definition with the KCCC. What was your learning curve using the product? Is there anything else that helps you achieve curl definition?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 24th December 2009, 3:38 pm

thanks lynnie, sweetdrk1!

@Chrslvsbks applying in sections on extremely wet hair is the way to go for me. also i use way more knot today than curling custard. the knot today is
what gets the curl definition going and the custard pretty much seals
the deal.

after i washed this morning i sectioned it off and put in my conditioner and rinsed with the twists still in. once out of the shower i unraveled each twist, and sprayed my hair to the point where it's soaking wet, but not dripping. then i raked the knot today through with my fingers (enough to make the hair look foamy) then followed up with about a quarter sized dollop of the curling custard. i was done with all the sections I shook my head from side to side and front to back for like 5 minutes. the hardest part is keeping my hands out of my hair to let it dry. oh and i have to let it air dry. if i try and rush things along with the diffuser i end up with a dry, brittle, curly bush.

as for other curl defining techniques, i've experimented with the conditioner-oil-gel-rinse method, but i haven't gotten good results. (looks great wet, but dries into a fro) i think i want to try using the knot today under the miss jessie's curly pudding and see how that works. when i tested the curly pudding alone it did nothing for me.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th December 2009, 1:46 pm

merry christmas curlies!

hair is dry. need to scrunch in some coconut oil and stretch it a bit with my hair dryer. i'll do some pics later.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 25th December 2009, 5:44 pm

Merry Christmas! Awesome growth! Love your results with the KCC, I may need to revisit it! Can't wait to see your pics!

---Reese CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th December 2009, 8:20 pm

Lookin forward to the pics
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th December 2009, 11:22 pm

finally some pics!

pre-styled:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 03210

front edges slicked with hick's edges
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 03310

the back:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 03810
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th December 2009, 12:49 pm

so i got about 4 days out of my kinky curly experiment. then i went on a hair goodies splurge.

i got the curlformers salon kit from sallys. now after reading nmoultry's thread i wish i had picked up a couple of extra packs. oh well. i'll use what i have and see what happens and see if i should get a few more packs.

the next day i went to whole foods to get some more knot today, but they were out. so i got some giovanni direct leave in. i really like this stuff.

i've also decided that i'm putting myself on a no-poo challenge. i'm going to start with a month and see how that goes. i think i'm addicted to the idea of lathering and i really think that shampoo (even the mildest sulfate free ones) is hindering me from moisturizing my situation to preserve my sexy. lol. sorry i'm watching i want to work for diddy and that just popped into my head.

i got some V05 to get me going: herbal escapes clarifying conditioner in kiwi lime squeeze and tea therapy nourishing conditioner in calming chamomile tea.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2009, 2:35 pm

the pics are great!! I love your definition! Now I can't wait to see the curlformers!!! wooo weee!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th December 2009, 12:47 pm

curlformers: rollers in disguise. i'm really feeling these things! here are some pics of my set and results.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 00611

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 00712

rollers out oh and that straighter piece in the front is from me taking the curlfomer out and putting it back in dry.
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 00811

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 01010

i ended up putting it in an updo:
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 01710

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 3 01810

curlies! i'm so excited about these things. did i mention that these are AIR DRIED RESULTS?!? yes. i was at my bf's house and was excited to try them out so i just went for it. i left them in for about 6 hours. LOVE IT!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th December 2009, 1:08 pm

Very pretty Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th December 2009, 1:21 pm

thanks intelligentbeauty!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 1:32 pm

ok ok, I need details. Are they easy to put on? I guess I am going to buy me some smaller ones and get it in. I LOVE your results!!! What products did you use? Come on spill the beans!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th December 2009, 2:24 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:ok ok, I need details. Are they easy to put on? I guess I am going to buy me some smaller ones and get it in. I LOVE your results!!! What products did you use? Come on spill the beans!!

i would say they are easy to put on. once i got the hang of keeping the root twisted while i pulled the length through the roller it was smooth sailing.

so since i decided to put myself on a no-poo challenge i co-washed with v05 clarifying conditioner kiwi lime i think and rinsed that out and put in some v05 tea therapy chamomile and detangled and twisted my hair. then rinsed the twists out. section by section i put in some givonni direct leave in. on each smaller section that i put the roller on i used some giovanni natural mousse, combed the ends and slipped the roller on.

i must admit i was skeptical about it getting my ends straight, because they looked really curly on the ends inside the roller. i don't know how that thing works, but i'm glad it does.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th December 2009, 2:26 pm

oh and don't feel like you have to get them too small (or short rather) because i'd hate for you to spend all that money and then have your hair outgrow the roller. hth
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2009, 4:51 pm

WOW!! Great results! Mmmm...I will definitely be trying these when my hair gets longer.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2009, 11:52 pm

Your hair looks gorgeous. These are definitely on my must buy list for January. Thanks for sharing your fantabulous results!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th December 2009, 4:05 pm

thanks chrs. i can't wait to see a curlformers set from you! i'm sure it'll be all luxurious!

i've been sitting here all morning dreaming up ways to use them. i think i want to try a faux hawk with them. maybe use my edges to put some flat twists on the sides. hmmm...decisions...
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next