CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by SheeTacular 2nd December 2009, 3:14 pm

Good Job!!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd December 2009, 3:19 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Good Job!!!

Thanks!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd December 2009, 5:47 pm

Ugh, my hair is not as cute-i-ful as it was yesterday. I slept with a satin bonnet on and when I woke up this morning surprising the back curls are pretty much in tact, but the entire front (from ear to ear) looked like I had never met a flat twist in life. I was short on time so I put the front in a pompador and put a band around the rest and fluffed. When I got to work I didn't like it anymore so I did some quick flat twists in the bathroom hoping to restore some of my curls before I head to this happy hour tonight. I haven't taken the flat twists out yet and I'm wondering if I should even bother.

here's a few pics:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 12030910

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 12030912

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 3rd December 2009, 6:36 pm

lmao at "had never met a flat twist in my life" girl thats exactly how I felt last night when I was going out. The front of my hair would not behave and I tried a pomp, got tired of that, took it down. just tried to let it be free. ummm nope. took that down. ended up doing a mini pomp but kinda to the side/at an angle. it was semi-cute but not as (im so stealing your word here) cute-i-ful as I wanted it to be...
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd December 2009, 6:50 pm

girl! i do appreciate how easy it is to do a pomp now. i used to do a pomp and faux hawk on my relaxed hair and it would always take major coordination. now i can just pomp-and-go. LOL!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th December 2009, 1:19 pm

I ended up leaving the twists in the front of my hair. I tried unraveling one and it just wasn't looking up to par so I retwisted it and went on to happy hour. I had so much fun. I kind of want to attempt a roller set this weekend. If I do I'll probably use that setting lotion mixture or this Barry Fletcher Thick N Slick Custard Creme I bought a while back.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th December 2009, 5:54 pm

I went on an impromptu Whole Foods Trip. Boredom at work is not good for my wallet.

I got some Henna (Persian Neutral), Castor Oil (I plan on trying the oil cleansing method) and Giovanni Straight Fast Straightening Elixer. It says its supposed to smooth the curls and relax the waves and add "silky shine" while repelling humidity.

I'm not planning on flat ironing my hair, but I figured that if I went through with the roller set that maybe it would give me a sleeker set. We'll see. I have some sample sized Giovanni products that I might try in conjunction with it. If not then I'll just either use my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or my BedHead Moisture Maniac.

In the mean while I need to figure out what to do with this henna. I can't wait to play with my hair!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th December 2009, 3:27 pm

Hey ladies!

So of course despite all my grand hair plans, I ended up simply flat twisting my hair. I did about 8 sections in the back and 6 huge ones in the front. I unraveled the back, but left the front it. I like this style, but I should have used my normal products instead of experimenting with that Giovanni Straight Fast. Not only did it not give me the smooth set I was hoping for but my hair is also feeling a bit dry. Some time tonight I'm going to use some whipped pudding on it and twist it back up for tomorrow.

This morning I had to go to this newsroom meeting and one of my supervisors (who last saw me with my lace front) comments on my hair from across the room and says "Every week you've got new hair." That's right. I view my hair as more of an accessory than anything else, so I'm not worried about "timelines" for my "hair story." I'll start off the week all fro'd out and by Friday I'll be rocking silky smooth strands (not necessarily all my own).

I wasn't annoyed by the fact that she commented on my ever changing hair, but the fact that she did it from across the room. No one was really paying attention to her, but still. It made me feel some kinda way.

In other news, my oldest sister emailed me today and told me that she's ready to big chop! We'd been talking about getting her necessities together, but I sent her an email reiterating all the stuff that she would need so that after she cuts her hair she's not left thinking, "now what?"

I'm so happy for her! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! I've basically converted my immediate family. My mom started cut all her hair off earlier this year and my middle sister hasn't had a perm in forever. She won't cut her hair, and is still wearing sew-ins, but one day I'll get her to rock her curls out. Now I just have to work on my niece. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 678474
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th December 2009, 8:40 pm

Great news on the family! I feel you in trying to get those who are natural to wear it curly.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 8th December 2009, 1:21 pm

@ ChrsLvsBks they'll come around soon enough.

In the meantime I need to figure out what I'm doing to my hair tonight in preparation for my company's holiday party tomorrow. It's at the Swedish embassy, so I'm figuring that I ought to look pretty swanky. It might be time to test out that roller set that I've been putting off, but maybe I should go with something "safe" that I can be reasonably sure would come out nice. IDK. Whatever happens I'll just have to rock it out anyway.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th December 2009, 12:11 pm

Hey ya'lls

Last night I did my wash routine prepping for my company holiday party. I washed with Moisture Maniac shampoo and DC'd for about 30 minutes with Elasta QP DPR-11, mostly because they are both orange. LOL. But man am I glad I did. I forgot how buttery soft that stuff makes my hair.

I rinsed, t-shirt dried my hair and then followed up with Giovanni Direct Leave-In. I know not why I've been sleeping on using this stuff. It's DEEEEEE BOMB! I'm gonna have to see if I can get my hands on a full sized bottle because I only have a travel sized bottle.

I sectioned my hair off to blow it out to do the extravagant big hair, like Curly Chronicles. I used some Mizani heat protectant and the Giovanni Straight Fast stuff on each section. But tell me why as soon as I get half way through a torental downpour starts. UGH. I probably should have checked the weather before going through all that. I kept going and flat twisted my hair up using Curly Nikki's setting lotion mix and coconut oil and my hair was ooooh so soft.

When I got up this morning it was still raining and I got sad. I put my wig on, determined not to ruin all my hard work for 'extravagant big hair' I can't wait till the weather gets better so I can rock it out.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th December 2009, 3:41 pm

of course now the sun is out and shining all brightly and i wish that i could have my hair out.

in other news my sis sent me pics of her BC. She still has some straight ends, but says she's going to get it shaped!

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Sisbc10

And here's one of my darling nieces rocking a twist out!

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Allytw10
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th December 2009, 6:27 pm

I'm still rocking this Lace front because I didn't get home from work until after 11:30 p.m. ugh! So of course I overslept and didn't have time to unravel my hair for today. I'll probably end up wearing the wig tomorrow as well since I'm anticipating a late night tonight too. Oh well the upside is that my twist out this weekend should be banging.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 11th December 2009, 8:20 pm

I keep missing the cut off time for the Friday posts! One of these weeks I'm actually going to be eligible to win some henna or butters.

I'm so happy that my work week ended at a reasonable time!

Nothing new with the hair. I just found out that I am going to get to take some vacay next week. So yay for time to play with my hair. I really want to try out my henna and a roller set. I need to make my way over to the henna thread and come up with a concoction. Excitedness!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th December 2009, 1:09 pm

I went to a natural hair salon over the weekend and got some goodies. But now that I think of it none of the products are really natural. Oh well I've been wanting to try them so I gave in to my PJism.

First I got the Hick's edges. I've been wanting something to slick back my edges for the longest time! I used it this morning on my hair do. I don't even know what to call this. I just put a pomp in the front and then smoothed the edges into a side-hawk I guess you could call it.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0110

Then I couldn't resist getting the Miss Jessie's stuff on the buy one get one. I got the 8 oz sizes because everything I wanted was sold out in the bigger size. I tried to not go crazy so I just got the baby butter creme and the curly pudding. I can't wait to try a twist out with this stuff!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th December 2009, 6:12 pm

last working day before i'm on vacay! whoo hoo!

hair for the day is a pomp and bunny-tail. i think i liked yesterday's style better.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0210
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 15th December 2009, 6:34 pm

We're hair twins! Smile
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th December 2009, 6:52 pm

lovesunshine17 wrote:We're hair twins! Smile

ooh really! let's talk products and techniques!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th December 2009, 3:21 pm

so today i put my hair in regular two strand twists using miss jessie's curly pudding for a twist out.

at first i tried shingling with it but it wasn't doing anything for my hair so i gave up on that plan.

i can't wait to see how it dries! i might have to cheat and sit under the dryer so i can unravel these bad boys.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 5:18 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:so today i put my hair in regular two strand twists using miss jessie's curly pudding for a twist out.

at first i tried shingling with it but it wasn't doing anything for my hair so i gave up on that plan.

i can't wait to see how it dries! i might have to cheat and sit under the dryer so i can unravel these bad boys.

Don't think of it as cheating but as getting cute-i-ful faster CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Icon_wink
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 17th December 2009, 3:35 pm

@ ChrsLvsBks, true!

But I was too lazy to set up the hair dryer so I just let it air dry. When I finally had to leave the house I just threw on a hat.

So here are the results from the twist out. It came out ok, but I think I'm going to stick with flat twist outs from here on out.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0211
slicked one side with my hicks edges:
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0212

and the back:
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0213

I must say I rather like the curly pudding. It didn't dry crunchy and I put the baby butter creme on each twist before unraveling and my hair feels pretty good!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 3:03 am

it came out good. I like them CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th December 2009, 8:57 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:it came out good. I like them CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

thanks!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th December 2009, 6:14 pm

my twist out is holding up well, but I'm getting the itch for something new. I went to walmart today and got some giovanni goodies, the natural mousse hair styling foam and the frizz be gone. I think I want to straighten it for christmas. I also got a Conair ionic hair dryer (it came with the diffuser, concetrator, and comb attachments).

I also picked up 2 leather headbands ($1 each: brown and black), a pack of satin pillow rollers, some stretchy headbands for puffs and stuff, and a pick.

i can't wait to try it all out!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 18th December 2009, 8:38 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:@ ChrsLvsBks, true!

But I was too lazy to set up the hair dryer so I just let it air dry. When I finally had to leave the house I just threw on a hat.

So here are the results from the twist out. It came out ok, but I think I'm going to stick with flat twist outs from here on out.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0211
slicked one side with my hicks edges:
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0212

and the back:
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 2 Img_0213

I must say I rather like the curly pudding. It didn't dry crunchy and I put the baby butter creme on each twist before unraveling and my hair feels pretty good!

I love this style on you!! Very Happy Your twist-out looks soft and defined. How did you get the side pinned up? Did you use gel?
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next