CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING!

+4
labon10
WalkingInDestiny
jcanalena79
Miss_Reeses_P
8 posters

Go down

HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING! Empty HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING!

Post by Miss_Reeses_P 4th June 2010, 11:38 am

I'm new to this website...so heyy everybody!
I cut my hair a little over a year ago, and I just recently cut it again bc I had a lot of breakage.
I'm a 4b,4c and I still haven't really found anything that works for my hair. I need some advice....
So far the only thing that I have found that really moisturizes my hair and makes it soft (at least that's what it feels like) is when I use a a combination of the
Taliah Wajid Protective Mist Bodifier and Profective Growth Renew Hair Restoration Topical Treatment (which I initially purchased for my thin edges and the breakage)
When I use these both together they make my hair so soft for the entire day....but idk if that is bad for my hair.

Some other products that I've been using is:
~Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner (I use this as a co-wash about 3 times a week and sometimes a tiny amount as a leave in)

~Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo (I wash my hair about every 2-3 weeks)

~Cantu Shea Butter Leave in conditioning repair cream (any time I shampoo or co-wash my hair i use this)

~I seal it most times wiht this Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil that I boguht from the asian hair store...its not EVOO..so Id if it works the same

~ORS Carrot Oil [cream] (I don't use this too oten but I do use it sometimes)
~Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1 (I dont use this too often either, I sometimes use it as a replacement for the Taliah Waajib Protective Mist)

(Are these bad products that I am using?)

So with all this being said...I'm trying to find something that works for my hair and also prevents it from breakage. I've been doing research and I've also been looking at the labels......if you ave any advice please help me out...i would appreciate it.

I also need some type of regimen to follow (if I should be following one) because there is nothing routine that i do wit my hair. now that I cut it again I want to treat it with respect...lol

Sorry it's so long but I hope someone can help.....I'm struggling over here....and i forgot to mention I'm a college student on a budget...so I cant' splurge on ALL the diff hair products

Thanks a billion!

Miss_Reeses_P

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING! Empty Re: HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING!

Post by jcanalena79 4th June 2010, 12:00 pm

Miss_Reeses_P wrote:So far the only thing that I have found that really moisturizes my hair and makes it soft (at least that's what it feels like) is when I use a a combination of the
Taliah Wajid Protective Mist Bodifier and Profective Growth Renew Hair Restoration Topical Treatment (which I initially purchased for my thin edges and the breakage)
When I use these both together they make my hair so soft for the entire day....but idk if that is bad for my hair.

Sounds like you found something already that works well with your hair! Congrats!! Try not to get sucked into buying tons of products just for the hell of it, especially if you are on a college student's budget.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING! Empty Re: HELP!!! My hair is SHORT, DRY, and ANNOYING!

Post by Miss_Reeses_P 4th June 2010, 12:05 pm

So because those two work with my hair I should just continue to use it? Even though it doesn't consist of a creme based moisturizer? or any oil?

Miss_Reeses_P

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 4th June 2010, 12:24 pm

If it works for you and your hair is healthy, don't feel pressured to change becasue it doesn't fit the mold of someone else's regimen..What works for one, won't work for another. I have tried so many products due to others testimonials and most times...I didn't get the same results, but when you do, most likely you have found a good product..Good luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 4th June 2010, 12:40 pm

I've discovered that my hair can't be washed/co-washed several times a week (don't have the time anyway). it seems to dry it out.

Maybe you can try adding a little oil to your conditioner or doing a hot oil treatment.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 4th June 2010, 12:42 pm

Just like the other 2 ladies said, if you find something that works for you use them!! I understand about the college budget, products aren't cheap, I'm in the same boat as you. I also was concerned about not having a creme based moisturizer but I don't do much other than WnGs so I didn't need all the extras that other curlies have. Not everything will work for everyone (that's a tough lesson I had to learn bc for awhile I was out buying everything mentioned here lol) It' all trial and error though but if you've already found some products that work you're on the right track. Good luck!!! Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Reeses_P 4th June 2010, 12:46 pm

Thanks ladies!

Miss_Reeses_P

Back to top Go down

Post by alainabee 6th June 2010, 10:47 pm

haha of course it's not bad that your hair is soft all day
if anything, it's enviable. your products all sound great. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD PRODUCT. if it works for you - it's good. however, perhaps the protein you're using (if the profectiv is a protein?) is not strong enough ... or is just not working to prevent your breakage. i'd suggest trying aphogee 2 minute ... and maybe that will help. if not, maybe even the 2-step treatment, which is stronger. but experiment until you find what works. it looks like you're doing good with your products!
alainabee
alainabee

http://sheslikeadream.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 7th June 2010, 10:51 pm

i thought my hair was dry too until i did my first deep conditioning treatment with olive oil. It makes a HUGE difference for me. You should deep condition with simple olive oil and a heat cap once a week. It really works
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by La Reina McMeanie 14th July 2010, 4:27 pm

Sounds like you have a great routine but I would ditch the Hawaiian silky 14 in 1. I used to have that and it weighs my hair don't and leaves it a bit greasy because it just sits on top of the strands. You should add coconut or castor oil. I have 2 organic conditioners. Beauty without cruelty moisture Plus conditioner and Aubrey organics protein balancing conditioner. With the protein balancing conditioner I can use it as a pre-poo treatment on dry hair before shampooing( 2 uses in one bottle). Some people hair don't like protein so it's recommended that you do a deep treatment after.

Good luck !
La Reina McMeanie
La Reina McMeanie

http://Myblognoholdsbar.blogspot.com, Relationswiththeworld.blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down