CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short hair and Piercings

+17
Juices-n-Berries
Music8192
Lynnieluve
4evatete
Electrum
drawmuhfree
PanaR3dd
kevynnew
Lilith_Eve
Nessa101
Karyn
Sasha B.
CrissyQ
LadyMika
SighSidhe
TaSiaJaY
zanajh
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Short hair and Piercings Empty Short hair and Piercings

Post by zanajh 25th May 2010, 3:00 pm

I'm a huge fan of earrings....i only have 4 holes(2 in each) and i have been contemplating getting 2 or 3 more. Does anyone relate piercings to a particular stereotype or do you just see it as self expression. How many piercings do you have?
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Short hair and Piercings Empty Re: Short hair and Piercings

Post by TaSiaJaY 25th May 2010, 3:13 pm

I really think that it is a form of self expression and if I do see the piercing's on a natural I really admire them because there is something raw, beautiful and back to the roots image that I love...

I have several tattoos but you would never know because they are hidden from public view and even if I wore something revealing they would not be seen except for one....but the image of meaningful tats...ankhs, phoenixs, sun...etc are very earthy with when natural...it all correlates....

lol...7 piercings....3 on each ear and one navel...
[url] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [/url]
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by SighSidhe 25th May 2010, 3:38 pm

i think that alot of times people feel that getting piercings will make you harder or more masculine.. and while that's usually true for men, i think its really quite opposite for women..
maybe i'm thinking more in terms of facial piercings, but i usually feel that piercings enhance a womens femininity.. there is a line tho where enhancement becomes bodymod, but there are still some incredibly feminine bodymod models..
but yea, i think short hair and pierced ears are adorable

i really can talk for hours about piercings and tattoos for hours lol.. ~i've got both of my lobes pierced, a right industrial, and a left conch/conque.. my left brow, right nostril, and right nip (hurt like hell).. and 6 tattoos (so far).. and i plan on getting my septum and bottom left lip done (hopefully this summer)..
okies i'm done ranting lol

Last edited by SighSidhe on 25th May 2010, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something hehe)
SighSidhe
SighSidhe

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th May 2010, 3:48 pm

Piercings and short hair are great together. I've had my nose pierced in the past (when I had relaxed hair, but I WILL get it again), I've got two holes in each ear (planning on two more holes), my navel, planning on getting the right nip pierced, aaaaaaannnnnnnd maybe an industrial on my right ear. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But overall, piercings and natural hair IN GENERAL (be it loose or in locs/braids/twists) certainly have a tribal appeal that's quite striking. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 25th May 2010, 7:45 pm

LadyMika wrote:Piercings and short hair are great together. I've had my nose pierced in the past (when I had relaxed hair, but I WILL get it again), I've got two holes in each ear (planning on two more holes), my navel, planning on getting the right nip pierced, aaaaaaannnnnnnd maybe an industrial on my right ear. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But overall, piercings and natural hair IN GENERAL (be it loose or in locs/braids/twists) certainly have a tribal appeal that's quite striking. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Nip? Ouch! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha B. 25th May 2010, 7:52 pm

It's funny you should bring this up! I was just telling my mom that I really wanted to have the cartilage on my ear "re-pierced". I had it pierced when I was in middle school and it closed up (a year later, go figure)*

That was 6 years ago...

I hadn't really thought about getting it done again until a few months after I BC'd in February of this year. I feel like when I cut off all my ends, the short "boy cut" really displayed the best features of my face & to have that piercing will just be a little extra umph ...but that's just me... Wink
Sasha B.
Sasha B.

http://thisisshe.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 25th May 2010, 7:53 pm

I have the same as you. I really really want another piercing (or two) before the year is over, but I'm really picky lol. Plus, I don't think piercings (besides ears lol) would look right on me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think natural or not, it really just depends on the persons personality. Although, I do agree with Mika, piercings and short hair look awesome.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 25th May 2010, 8:16 pm

I have two holes in each ear and my cartilage pierced. I really want to pierce my nose, but i'm not sure if i'll go through with it yet.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 25th May 2010, 8:44 pm

Sasha B. wrote:It's funny you should bring this up! I was just telling my mom that I really wanted to have the cartilage on my ear "re-pierced". I had it pierced when I was in middle school and it closed up (a year later, go figure)*

That was 6 years ago...

I hadn't really thought about getting it done again until a few months after I BC'd in February of this year. I feel like when I cut off all my ends, the short "boy cut" really displayed the best features of my face & to have that piercing will just be a little extra umph ...but that's just me... Wink

That exactly what i was thinking Sasha!
zanajh
zanajh

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th May 2010, 9:41 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
LadyMika wrote:Piercings and short hair are great together. I've had my nose pierced in the past (when I had relaxed hair, but I WILL get it again), I've got two holes in each ear (planning on two more holes), my navel, planning on getting the right nip pierced, aaaaaaannnnnnnd maybe an industrial on my right ear. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But overall, piercings and natural hair IN GENERAL (be it loose or in locs/braids/twists) certainly have a tribal appeal that's quite striking. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Nip? Ouch! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep! The nip. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have the left one pierced already. It's very kinky. Adds to foreplay. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 25th May 2010, 10:49 pm

Yep! The nip. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have the
left one pierced already. It's very kinky. Adds to foreplay.

I'm scared to get my nipples pierced! I'm afraid of the pain and the recovery time lol Unfortunately I'm running out of places to pierce though! Piercings are seriously like Lays, 'can't stop at just one'

In the past I've had my right eyebrow, nostril, tongue frenulum, and a smiley. I've always thought that piercings can enhance your facial features which is why I got mine. Most people seem to think that you're trying to "stand out" and be an "individual like everyone else" though when you get something other than your earlobes pierced. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Currently I have my nose (been pierced three times actually), my ears, and the cartilage in my ear (piercing is called a daith). I think that with my twa my piercings are even more fitting.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 25th May 2010, 11:26 pm

Lilith_Eve wrote:
Yep! The nip. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have the

I'm scared to get my nipples pierced! I'm afraid of the pain and the recovery time lol Unfortunately I'm running out of places to pierce though! Piercings are seriously like Lays, 'can't stop at just one'

In the past I've had my right eyebrow, nostril, tongue frenulum, and a smiley. I've always thought that piercings can enhance your facial features which is why I got mine. Most people seem to think that you're trying to "stand out" and be an "individual like everyone else" though when you get something other than your earlobes pierced. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Currently I have my nose (been pierced three times actually), my ears, and the cartilage in my ear (piercing is called a daith). I think that with my twa my piercings are even more fitting.

How much did that hurt? I kinda was thinking about a tongue piercing, but I don't want it to get infected or to eff my teeth up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Also, what's a smiley piercing? lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha B. 25th May 2010, 11:31 pm

zanajh wrote:
Sasha B. wrote:It's funny you should bring this up! I was just telling my mom that I really wanted to have the cartilage on my ear "re-pierced". I had it pierced when I was in middle school and it closed up (a year later, go figure)*

That was 6 years ago...

That exactly what i was thinking Sasha!

Do you have any?? I only have the "usual" piercings in each ear.
Sasha B.
Sasha B.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevynnew 25th May 2010, 11:50 pm

Natural hair with piercings and tats are a beautiful combo! i have had my belly button, nose, and monroe pierced. i took my belly button one out because i got pregnant, my nose piercing fell out in the middle of the night and closed by morning( i was pissed! ) my monroe i took out because it got caught in my braces (lol) but as soon as i bc and get my braces off (in july!!!!!!! ) im getting either my monroe or my nose pierced again. i love piercings!!!! it might sound weird but piercings are a reliever. but i love the tribal look. i am thinking about a tattoo as well.
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 25th May 2010, 11:55 pm

only four...two in each lobe....im piercing it up this summer....Right after my BC...Industrial or just a sinlge perhaps.. but that wud just be in one ear though....i'll put one or two more in my lobes too

I think the monroe is a pretty cool piercing but i'll rather have one in my lower lip....after my braces that is....
zanajh
zanajh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha B. 26th May 2010, 1:01 am

zanajh wrote:only four...two in each lobe....im piercing it up this summer....Right after my BC...Industrial or just a sinlge perhaps.. but that wud just be in one ear though....i'll put one or two more in my lobes too

I think the monroe is a pretty cool piercing but i'll rather have one in my lower lip....after my braces that is....

I'm a nerd for asking--> I just realized you already said you had 4 in the beginning of the post! Rolling Eyes
Lol, anyway...I've always had a few places in mind to put different piercings (particularly) on my face. I thought about a nose piercing, maybe my bottom lip or my eyebrow...of course, I only ponder these things...the chance of me actually doing it? Well--that's another story.
Sasha B.
Sasha B.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 26th May 2010, 8:35 pm

Karyn wrote:
Lilith_Eve wrote:

How much did that hurt? I kinda was thinking about a tongue piercing, but I don't want it to get infected or to eff my teeth up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Also, what's a smiley piercing? lol

Well the tongue piercing I had was a hoop through the webbing underneath my tongue. Had to get rid of it because it was difficult to keep clean and free of tartar *ick!* However I've heard (from my personal piercer) that the usual stud through the tongue are the quickest to heal and least painful piercing you can get. However, depending on how much you play with it (click it against your teeth), you can actually damage your teeth. But I think that's rare.

A smiley is an upper lip frenulum, or rather a hoop through the webbing of your upper lip so that when you smile you can see the bead sitting on your teeth. I loved that piercing! Unfortunately I had to get rid of it because it started to rub my gums and make them bleed. I didn't want to worry about gum erosion so I took it out. I'm sure if you search google you'll see a pic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 27th May 2010, 5:56 am

well i love the piercing thing have 9 all together(eyebrow,monroe,tongue,2 in each ear and cartilage in each ear)..i really think its def a form of self expression..i got my first piercing @ age 18 to rebel lol...when i came home on my 18th bday with that thing in my eyebrow my mother had a baby with a straw hat on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](so country of me to say) so i pretty much have been getting something done each year since then including tattoos..i want my lip pierced since i have yet to do anything this year..either my lip or a tattoo..my mother and my brother are so against it but hey i'm comfortable with it so i do it..
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by drawmuhfree 29th May 2010, 12:58 am

I love piercings scared of tattoos. Actually I am more of an admirer of piercings now.

I have had my lobes gauged, a second lobe piercing, left tragus, 2 upper ear cartilage in the right ear, and a nose piercing. Unfortunately I got sick and took out my nose ring so it closed and my cartilage holes have ugly bumps on them so I now have a fear of keloids.

I am going back and forth in my mind about re piercing my nose and I had really wanted to get an industrial in my left ear..... but those dang bumps got me spooked! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
drawmuhfree
drawmuhfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrum 29th May 2010, 9:55 am

I have my lobes pierced and my rook pierced in my right ear. It's awesome cause it's unexpected and during my transition I've been wearing my hair up which highlights it. Smile
I'd say go for the piercings, but I would only suggest a rook if you're ready for some serious pain and swelling. My cousin got her cartilage pierced a week after me and hers is fully healed. I got my rook done January 23rd and there still is pain when I touch it, clean it, and I still get the crusties everyday.
Electrum
Electrum

Back to top Go down

Post by 4evatete 29th May 2010, 10:47 am

im not into piercings that much but i have one hole in each ear and im planning on getting my cartilage done but thats all. im a PK kid so tats and piercings dnt go well with my dad lol
4evatete
4evatete

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th May 2010, 11:58 am

I want to get my cartilage pierced but I am kinda scared. I have 4 piercings...2 holes in each ear and 2 tats....hip and lower back.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 29th May 2010, 11:59 am

I don't have many piercings just 2 on each ear and my navel. I also want an industrial as well but, i'm just scared of the healing process. When I got my navel pierced it took eons to heal! lol And I know an industrial can take a while as well and im also afraid of getting keloids No I'm not sure yet what im gonna do.. lol. But i loveee tattoos. Definitely into them, I have two so far and I know im not done. bounce lol
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 29th May 2010, 12:10 pm

Electrum wrote:I have my lobes pierced and my rook pierced in my right ear. It's awesome cause it's unexpected and during my transition I've been wearing my hair up which highlights it. Smile
I'd say go for the piercings, but I would only suggest a rook if you're ready for some serious pain and swelling. My cousin got her cartilage pierced a week after me and hers is fully healed. I got my rook done January 23rd and there still is pain when I touch it, clean it, and I still get the crusties everyday.
Do you sleep on the piercing? Cause that can slow down healing time.
zanajh
zanajh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 29th May 2010, 12:25 pm

Electrum wrote:I have my lobes pierced and my rook pierced in my right ear. It's awesome cause it's unexpected and during my transition I've been wearing my hair up which highlights it. Smile

There are many different reasons why a piercing can take a long time to heal. My daith took aprx 6 months before it finally stopped swelling and crusting up and hurting. I know that I was under a lot, I mean a LOT of stress when I got it done (underwent a painful breakup with my bf and was in a master's program at the time) and that had an impact on it healing. Then I was really sick for about 2 months annnnd to top it off, my piercer said that some times the beginning of your period can cause certain piercings to swell! I think she's right about that because I could actually pinpoint a couple of times where I was sure it was healed but it had swollen up on me lol

I am planning however to get a helix in my left ear soon despite my worry about healing times.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next