CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick of my short hair!

2 posters

Go down

Sick of my short hair! Empty Sick of my short hair!

Post by PurpleMoonshine 6th January 2011, 4:46 pm

I cut all the relaxed hair off my head this past June (2010). Before then, I think the last time I'd had my hair relaxed was in October of 2009? Not sure. Anyway, it kept falling out because the chemicals didn't mix well with my breastfeeding hormone levels. So, I cut it all off to a low cesar. (pardon misspellings) I did this until September 2010 because I LOVED my hair short! I love you When the last piece of hair fell off my head, I felt a weight go with it and a lightness I'd never felt replace the weight. However, I am now letting the hair grow back. I'm not happy. My hair is hard and dry. I have a friend that's also natural and she encourages me, but honestly, I'm just not loving my natural hair. No

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to relax it again. Although I like the way it looks, I don't like the burns I get or the fact that my hair never grew beyond my shoulders. But my natural hair isn't at all what I thought it would be like. When it was starting to grow in, I had cute well defined curls that made me want to see them longer. Now all I see is frizz (which I hate!) I don't feel like doing the trial and error conditioner purchases either. I have tried some, and I'm currently reading Curly Like Me, but I'm so over my hard, frizzy buried curly hair. I wear a satin bonnet at all times, and oil it. But I don't like the wet head of leave in conditioner, nor the oily all the time of the copious amounts of oil that I use to soften it. No

I do want to see it long. I do want long hair. My hair is about 3 inches long stretched, and I need help over the hump. So....Help please! Neutral

PurpleMoonshine

Back to top Go down

Sick of my short hair! Empty Re: Sick of my short hair!

Post by krazy coils 6th January 2011, 5:03 pm

Hey Purplemoonshine,

Some people experience a lot of dryness when they big chop. My hair was extremely dry when I wore a twa after my big chop and I had a lot of frizz with almost no curl pattern. Some things which helped were deep conditioning and the baggying method. I initially would deep conditon twice a week to help with the dryness. With the baggying method I would put a creamy moisturizer or conditioner on my hair and sleep with a plastic cap on to help moisturize my hair.

I would start with adding deep conditioning to your routine. Don't get too frustrated because starting out in the twa phase the only thing you can think of is growth. If the length bothers you too much maybe try braids or kinky twists to get you over the hump. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down