CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki

4 posters

Go down

Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki Empty Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki

Post by TaSiaJaY 31st May 2010, 10:42 pm

Parents never know if a their child is paying attention to the things that are important to you until it is manifested. My son is 13 and LOVES everything NATURAL....I love this about him, he love afro's on women, the kinky curly way it shouts and waves....and has been very supportive of me and my big chop since last year! "Anyone looking for an arranged marriage"......lol...he's a great young man....

Besides his love of natural hair, I found out that he has really REALLY been paying attention to the ins and outs of what I am into!

>>>>LAST SENTENCE
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki Empty Re: Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki

Post by Curly_Aquarius 31st May 2010, 10:50 pm

That is great that your son is like that! My sons are still pretty young but they ask me about my curls often.
It is my 14 year old daughter that I'm so proud of for being the only natural at her school, and being proud of it. I love that strength about her! I'm beginning to realize how much we are watched by our children.

Last edited by Curly_Aquarius on 31st May 2010, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki Empty Re: Well it's Not about Hair But My son's Observation about CurlyNikki

Post by TaSiaJaY 1st June 2010, 11:09 pm

Hi Curly! Wow...I love it! That is outstanding that your daughter is so proud and yes I love it that my son loves natural hair.....He is a true blessing and such a great young man....And isn't it amazing that it seems as if our children are really ignoring us but in reality....they are soaking everything in?
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 1st June 2010, 11:36 pm

TaSiaJaY wrote:Hi Curly! Wow...I love it! That is outstanding that your daughter is so proud and yes I love it that my son loves natural hair.....He is a true blessing and such a great young man....And isn't it amazing that it seems as if our children are really ignoring us but in reality....they are soaking everything in?
Yes, it is truly amazing even with us, Do you sometimes find yourselves doing some of the things your mother did? Yes, Tasiajay, my daughter is very proud of her hair and I'm glad she is Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 2nd June 2010, 12:09 pm

That is great. I have a 14 year old son who has been very vocal about my decision to go natural. In fact when I first told him I was going natural he said "don't do it mommy you do not have good hair" Of course I had to sit him down and talk to him about the "Good Hair" comment because neither me or my husband believe in the "Good Hair" "Bad Hair" comments, in fact my husband was excited when I decided to go natural. Well since my BC a few weeks ago my son loves my hair. I was having a bad hair day over the weekend and my son said "I would not want you to get a perm again, I like that you look different than my friends mothers" He also said there are some natural girls at his school and that their hair is "tight" Smile. TaSiaJaY- I think being natural helps our sons to appreciate the beauty of women no matter what their hair texture.
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 2nd June 2010, 4:30 pm

I BC'd over the weekend and my son 16 yr old son didn't react positively to it at all! As a matter of fact he initially stated that he'd hide the scissors. I "hid" them myself first and proceeded to chop off the relaxed ends. He is normally my greatest supporter in whatever I do, but in this case not so much. He was very vocal, not disrespectful in any way, but vocal non the less against embracing me as a natural. He can't seem to wrap his head around it. So I promised him that I won't unleash my entire glory until he's away at college....2011. Needless to say I BC'd one day and braided the next.
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 2nd June 2010, 4:32 pm

NaturallyPrecious-You may be surprised. My son was the same way very vocal and making jokes, but once I did it and after a couple of days he liked it. He has a low cut, he was even co-washing the other day and said I am going to grow my hair out like yours LOL
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 2nd June 2010, 4:41 pm

Thanks Delta. I told him, honey you know me better than to walk around no less than fly, lol. So no need to worry. I figure at his graduation I'll make my debut with my crown glowing!
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down