CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone tried Curlynikki's "Setting Lotion Mix" or Tia's "Holding Cream" from Her Best Hair blog?

5 posters

Go down

Has anyone tried Curlynikki's "Setting Lotion Mix" or Tia's "Holding Cream" from Her Best Hair blog? Empty Re: Has anyone tried Curlynikki's "Setting Lotion Mix" or Tia's "Holding Cream" from Her Best Hair blog?

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 1:45 pm

Since I have used both, lol
I can tell you that Nikki's mix gives you a soft hold - great for curls
My mix gives you a firm hold (it's the honey) - great for twist strand twists that unravel easily
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried Curlynikki's "Setting Lotion Mix" or Tia's "Holding Cream" from Her Best Hair blog? Empty Re: Has anyone tried Curlynikki's "Setting Lotion Mix" or Tia's "Holding Cream" from Her Best Hair blog?

Post by curlista 17th February 2010, 1:57 pm

Well it doesn't hurt to get feedback from the one who made it lol. Well thank you. And since your mix has a firmer hold could I use it for retwisting instead? I like a softer hold on day 1 hair.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 2:01 pm

curlista wrote:Well it doesn't hurt to get feedback from the one who made it lol. Well thank you. And since your mix has a firmer hold could I use it for retwisting instead? I like a softer hold on day 1 hair.

Yes, I like to use it on my roots when retwisting - it helps keep them in place and fresh looking
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 17th February 2010, 3:11 pm

I was on my way to the store for setting lotion last night to try Nikki's but never made it. Going to retwist my hair tonight and give it a go. Then I'll try tias. My twists don't unravel but I also untwist them every time because I don't like the twists on me.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 17th February 2010, 3:26 pm

I tried nikki's setting lotion. I liked it. I got soft hold, but I wish I had let my hair dry more before unraveling my two strand flat twists.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th February 2010, 6:43 pm

Alright, I gave Nikki's a try last night. My twists came out nice actually. I used Trader Joe's Nourish and Shine. I had forgotten how much my hair likes that conditioner after becoming a pj and trying so many others. Sometimes you just need the basics! I too should have let them dry a little longer but it's ok. I'm twisting them back up tonight so I can go to the gym in the morning without a problem.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 19th February 2010, 10:17 pm

Hey...

I tried both and agree with Tia that if you are looking for a firmer hold to use her mix, but I also like the mix by Nikki.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 20th February 2010, 12:00 am

Well thank you everybody for all the feedback Smile
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down