CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC

+7
ravenm721
Tempertink
CristineYvonne
HAMPTONSFNST
DivinelyDesigned
Naturally Esq
MsKendrala
11 posters

Go down

frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC Empty frustration is setting in. . .

Post by MsKendrala 30th May 2010, 12:54 pm

Someone suggested that i try a straw set so i did . . . that was EPIC failure. It took me almost 3 hrs just to do the back! i never even made it to the front. When i took them down this morning less then half of them actually set correctly. More then likely i did something wrong but that doesn't lessen the frustration of trying to find a style i can continue to transition with. Every day i'm getting more and more tempted to just cut it and get it over with!!
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC Empty Re: frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC

Post by Naturally Esq 30th May 2010, 4:58 pm

I suggested that you section your hair in 10-15 sections, braid it and roll the relaxed ins on straws. Here is a You Tube Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPiLng-R0DY&feature=channel

There are more styling videos on You Tube. However, the final decision to BC is yours.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC Empty Re: frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC

Post by DivinelyDesigned 31st May 2010, 1:04 pm

You can always just get some braids (kinky twist, micros..etc). That should take your mind off of your hair for a few months and give you some rest. For my one year transitioning anniversery in Aug, I've decided to get some braids and leave them in for 2 months. Once I take them out, I'm going to let my hair rest for one week and get another set for the next two months. That should take me through the end of 2010.
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st June 2010, 12:41 pm

Great advice ladies. I wore weaves majority of the time during my long transition. I knew this protective style would ease my mind into this change and I don't like to fuss over hair anyway.

@MsKendrala: if you want to continue with wet sets you can try using flexirods or permed rods instead of straws. I love the straw set too but I don't have the patience for all that work. My favorite style was my twisted bantu knotout. After cowashing and sealing I twisted my hair and set them on gray permed rods. I dried my hair overnight with a satin scarf/cap and removed the rods in the morning. This style lasted about 4 days because for the first day I kept the twist in and the second day I finally unravelled them and continued to bantu knot my hair at night and release the knots in the a.m.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by CristineYvonne 1st June 2010, 8:47 pm

i agree with HAMPTONSFNST. if you want to do a wet set, flexi rods are much easier! I've never done a straw set, but I'm pretty sure that I'd get frustrated with anything smaller than my orange flexi rods!! They have smaller ones around the size of straws if you want to try those, but if you're frustrated with the size, try some of the medium sized ones.
protective styles are always best, keeps your hair out of trouble and you stress free Smile
CristineYvonne
CristineYvonne

http://www.twitter.com/_Ambiti0usGrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempertink 3rd June 2010, 11:21 am

I agree with Hamtponfnst also. Bantu Knots became my best friend I swear. Just know that the smaller the knot, the more defined the curl is. So if your transistioning, dont think you can put in six knots and have pretty curls everywhere LOL. you'll have waves.
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 4th June 2010, 8:33 pm

lol well i cut my hair this morning. . . its longer then i expected but i think im satisfied with my decision so for now no more frustration. . .
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenm721 4th June 2010, 9:59 pm

Congratz on the BC then lol. Any pics [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ?
ravenm721
ravenm721

http://members.fotki.com/raven92/about/

Back to top Go down

frustration is setting in. . . ::UPDATE:: i did my BC Empty No more frustration for now. . .

Post by MsKendrala 6th June 2010, 2:49 pm

After about 8 months and a few days of new growth this is what i got. . .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Finger twist

MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 12:01 am

Well congratulations! Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 7th June 2010, 1:17 am

Congratulations !!!!!!! Smile
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 7th June 2010, 10:47 am

Wow! You have a lot of hair! Congrats on your bc! The frustration is setting in for me too. I'll reach 8 mos. in August. I'm thinking of braiding it until then.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th June 2010, 11:41 am

congrats on your BC! you look great!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 8th June 2010, 1:24 am

thanks everybody!...the positive energy is greatly appreciated!
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down