CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray?

+13
1FlySista
dajewel
dyamonds10
blkbeauty2010
LCnewjourney
shamigreen
Curly Film Chick
curlya
Hazelbabe
naturallynola
Tria
naturallychelsea
tsa919
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray? Empty If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray?

Post by tsa919 24th October 2010, 7:21 pm

Hi there. I am thinking about practicing roller setting and wondered what setting lotion I should use that isn't harmful to my hair. Do any of you have any recommendations? Thx!
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray? Empty Re: If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray?

Post by naturallychelsea 24th October 2010, 7:33 pm

lottabody is the ish and then some. Good luck and remember to post pics Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray? Empty Re: If you do Roller setting..what do u use for a setting lotion spray?

Post by Tria 24th October 2010, 8:30 pm

I use the Jane Carter Wrap and Roll. The ingredients are really good and I have recieve wonderful results from it. You don't need a lot of it so it would last you a really long time!
Tria
Tria

https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyMe21

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 1:20 am

I second the Wrap and Roll. I have used it on Flexirod sets. I had good results.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 25th October 2010, 1:42 am

I like foam wrapping lotions. Use ones that are alcohol free.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 25th October 2010, 10:32 am

Lottabody has a mix with olive oil. I used it the ONE time I did a roller set, (clearly my hair was too short to pull that off so. Once it gets longer I will try it again and use the same setting lotion. I got it from my local BSS however Sallys sells it also; http://www.sallybeauty.com/setting-lotion/LTABDY2,default,pd.html
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 25th October 2010, 1:16 pm

It's always a hit and miss when it comes to using the Wrap and Roll for me, I use IC Fantasia Gel for rollersets (alcohol free, has aloe vera gel) and it works well for me. Or sometimes I use straight up aloe vera gel. Good luck!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 1:21 pm

CF Chick, I never though of using aloe vera gel. Are your results consistent with that. What type rollers are these (foam, magnetic, etc.)? When you say Wrap and Roll doesn't give you consistent results, have you identified why? Your hair is drop dead gorgeous in the avie. Was that from Curlformers and did you use Jane Carter to set the hair?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 25th October 2010, 1:42 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:CF Chick, I never though of using aloe vera gel. Are your results consistent with that. What type rollers are these (foam, magnetic, etc.)? When you say Wrap and Roll doesn't give you consistent results, have you identified why? Your hair is drop dead gorgeous in the avie. Was that from Curlformers and did you use Jane Carter to set the hair?

Thanks for the compliment! Very Happy When I first started practicing rollersets I was using magnetic rollers and aloe vera gel and that was last february. I like the results, there was a good amount of hold from what I can remember.

I wrote a post about the wrap and roll on my blog (http://yourafricaisshowing.blogspot.com/2010/08/tried-new-product-jane-carter-wrap-and.html) and again I post the differences between using Wrap and Roll and the IC Fantasia Gel (http://yourafricaisshowing.blogspot.com/search/label/curl%20formers). In my avi I used the gel. I recently used the wrap and roll for a "dry" twist and curl and my results were good. It's just that sometimes I feel like there's not enough hold, and then other times I feel like it leaves a coating on my hair, I'm still trying to find what exactly is my issue.While it doesnt seem to do well with rollersets, it was excellent for my twist and curl. Maybe I just can't use it on soaken wet hair?? not sure yet.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 1:55 pm

Ok. Thanks. I will look at the blog later. Never though of using it on dry hair.I used it on a flexi set and got good product result. My issue was me not being a "good hairstylist" IT was my first flexirod and I don't have the best coordination and didn't know what direction I should roll in. But, the ones that I applied correctly turned out great. Thanks for sharing your experience.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 25th October 2010, 3:41 pm

Thx ladies for your great responses!
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by shamigreen 25th October 2010, 4:03 pm

I have been using African Pride Leave-in Conditioner to set my hair for years!!! I LOVE IT... it holds curls well & smells amazing!
shamigreen
shamigreen

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 25th October 2010, 4:55 pm

Has anyone ever tried the Nairobi wrap lotion? I used to use it all the time when I was relaxed and got great, soft results, but the bottle has NO ingredients listed and I'm freaked out by that! I've even tried searching online and can't find the ingredients anywhere. I know now, after trial and error, that cones don't work for me, so I'd like to avoid using this if it has cones.

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 8:26 pm

I don't know why some companies make the ingredients "ghosts." I believe in full disclosure if I am using a product. It you are interested, go here and request the ingredients.
http://www.nairobiprofessional.com/contactus.php

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 29th October 2010, 10:34 pm

I just saw your reply to this, @naturalnolagirl! Thanks so much!

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 3rd November 2010, 9:32 pm

You are welcome, LCnewjourney

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 3rd November 2010, 10:27 pm

i like Garnier Fructise (sp) cream gel. i used it to roller set when i was transitioning and my sets lasted for two weeks, longer if i wasnt addicted to washing my hair. I also used it after my bc for sets and i loved the results. its inexpensive and easily accessible
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 3rd November 2010, 10:33 pm

blkbeauty, do you have the ingredients for this product? If not don't worry, I can look it up online.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 3rd November 2010, 10:42 pm

aloe vera gel, lottobody and sabino lok n blok
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 4th November 2010, 1:38 pm

LCnewjourney wrote:Has anyone ever tried the Nairobi wrap lotion? I used to use it all the time when I was relaxed and got great, soft results, but the bottle has NO ingredients listed and I'm freaked out by that! I've even tried searching online and can't find the ingredients anywhere. I know now, after trial and error, that cones don't work for me, so I'd like to avoid using this if it has cones.

that's actually against the law....anybody can alert the fda and the fda will definitely confiscate and/or shut down the lab, administer an audit, slap fines, etc
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 4th November 2010, 7:06 pm

Wow, I didn't realize that! And do you know they STILL HAVE NOT emailed me an ingredient list?? It said on the contact form that they usually get back to you in 24 hours, but I have yet to get anything--I checked my junk mail and everything.

Some of their other products have ingredients, but not this one. That's crazy to me.

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 29th November 2010, 7:28 pm

I use Lotta Body Cream Wrap or Black N Sassy Creamy Set. These two creams are the business when it comes to a roller set. The lotions and foams make my natural hair revert too much back into its curly state after stretching my hair so I ditched them. I now use a cream wrap on slightly damp hair and receive head turning results with shiny, moisturized, bouncy with hold curls each and every time.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 29th November 2010, 11:33 pm

Tiashauntee posted this one - I bookmarked it!

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2009/11/roller-setting.html
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 30th November 2010, 1:45 am

I see a few ladies like to use Lottabody. I use the Lottabody with Olive Oil mixed half Lottabody, half water in a spray bottle. Best rod set I ever achieved cheers...well, so far. I am still new at this.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 30th November 2010, 9:19 am

1FlySista wrote:I use Lotta Body Cream Wrap or Black N Sassy Creamy Set. These two creams are the business when it comes to a roller set. The lotions and foams make my natural hair revert too much back into its curly state after stretching my hair so I ditched them. I now use a cream wrap on slightly damp hair and receive head turning results with shiny, moisturized, bouncy with hold curls each and every time.

I had no idea Lotta Body had a cream wrap lotion! I stopped using the original Lotta Body when I had relaxed hair because it just seemed SO stiff. It would keep your hair in place though, so I'm intrigued by the Lotta Body Cream Wrap. I plan on perm rodding my hair tonight (God help me, because it will be my first time) so I'll see how it works out.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next