CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS

+3
.:Eden:.
Intelligentbeauty
loveself247
7 posters

Go down

HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS Empty HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS

Post by loveself247 1st December 2009, 2:06 pm

Hey ladies, if you have a signature style that you have gotten GREAT results and COMMENTS on from your fellow Curly Gurlies here, then how about listing your step by step process so others can try it out too. I see so many women here inquiring about how to achieve certain styles. Especially those women like myself who are transitioning with more than one texture. This would be a great place for them to come to learn about and see a guide for achieving certain styles. Not to exclude my natural ladies because these styles will work for you also. The more styles/tutorials listed will be great and will help so many ladies like myself who were or may still be struggling to achieve styles like the Bantu Knot Outs, Flat Two Strand Twist Outs, Braid Outs among others.

1. List your style that others have asked about
2. List the products you use to achieve the style
3. List the steps you take to create the style
4. List the steps you take to maintain the style
5. Include a picture of the prep work after your done
6. Then include a final picture of the results
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS Empty Re: HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd December 2009, 9:19 pm

I am 8 moths into my transition. Check out my rod like roller set styles on the shea butter challenge under "CAUTIOUS CURLS"
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS Empty Two Strand Twist Bantu Knot Out

Post by .:Eden:. 4th December 2009, 10:33 pm

1. List your style that others have asked about

During my transition I wore two strand twist bantu knot outs A LOT, it was a 7 day hairstyle.

I am now doing the CG method, but before my bc I used Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner, water/glycerin mix, Unrefined Shea butter, organic coconut oil, and IC Fantasia Gel

I washed and conditioned my hair then sprayed with vegetable glycerin/water mix and detangled. I rubbed some shea butter in my hands and ran it over and through my damp hair. Starting from the back I would just feel and part with a rat tail comb and apply shea butter, coconut oil and gel to the section. I Divide the section in two and two strand twist it then wrap the twist around itself until it tucked under itself. I secured it with a bobby pin. I repeated this process until my whole head was complete. I'd lightly spray my hair with coconut oil, cover with a satin bonnet, and let it air dry over night. When I woke up the next day some parts were a little damp, but i didn't mind. I'd take the bobby pins out, unravel a knot and separate, then i'd fluff until it looked like I wanted it to. Sometimes I did the sections small and other times they were medium sized.

At night I would just cover with a satin bonnet and go to bed. I'd fluff in the morning. Since this would last me a week, around Wednesday I may redo them by dampening my hair and using shea butter and gel to retwist. Other times I'd just wear the style straight through.

Set
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Take Down

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th December 2009, 10:42 pm

The bantu knots and the bantu knot out are both super cute Eden! NICE!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 4th December 2009, 11:01 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:The bantu knots and the bantu knot out are both super cute Eden! NICE!

Thank you!! That was my favorite style while transitioning.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 5th December 2009, 12:21 am

Before I did my mini chop I would do twist outs.

After washing (Organix Coconut) and conditioning (Herbal Essences) I would use some sort of styling creme (usually Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue) and twist my hair in small-medium twists. I would then roll the straight ends of my hair with gray perm rods (or whit depending on the length of my hair). After completely dry just remove rollers and untwist.

This style would usually last at least 3-4 days. I would sleep in my satin bonnet and fluff in the morning. I usually pull the side up into a sort of mini fro-hawk as it started to look frizzy or old.
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 6th December 2009, 8:00 pm

@Eden, GREAT results,,,thank you.
@jada07 sounds easy and cute...are you wearing that style in your profile pic?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 6th December 2009, 9:50 pm

No, that's a wash and go puff. I tried to add pictures to my post but couldn't figure it out Rolling Eyes

Update - I figured it out!

This is a twist out right after my BC.

This is a braid out 2 months prior to my BC.

Last edited by jada07 on 9th December 2009, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pictures.)
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 6th December 2009, 11:02 pm

@jada07.. I created albums on Photobucket.com. Go there, and upload your pics to your albums and then you can copy the last link underneath your pics, copy the link and then paste it in your message box.

There is a post under General I believe where Nikki gives other instructions for uploading pics, but this is what I did. Let me know if I can be of more help. I had issues in the beginning too trying to figure it out.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

HAIR STYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS Empty STRAW SET/MICRO ROD SET

Post by jessie85 7th December 2009, 3:37 pm

Hello All. So on Saturday i decided to do a straw set. A literal small straw set that is. It took me 9 hours to do. I had to take multiple breaks and rest my arms here and there. I was so pleased with my results. I actually had used Paul Mitchell (forming pom.) as well as the Kera Kare (setting wrapping foaming lotion) and also Proclaim's setting lotion.

It had come out exceptionally well. I had gone to Sally's just to see what I could find to see how i could get extra help for my set and I stumbled across tini micro perm rods which i used for the back parts of my head where i couldn't see. They were just as small as the straws but were much easier for me to apply in the back parts of my head.
I did come out with a different and much more natural curl but it blended well. It only took about 30 minutes to dry under the dryer because of the tiny bits of hair on each straw and rod. I don't know when i'll do this again. It's so pretty and i did receive confirming compliments.

jessie85

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 9th December 2009, 7:18 pm

@ Jessie85 - Kudos to you! I don't think I would have the patience. I had a straw set once when I was relaxed and it was cute but I had so much hair it took forever!!!!!!!!
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 22nd May 2010, 2:39 pm

.:Eden:. wrote:1. List your style that others have asked about

During my transition I wore two strand twist bantu knot outs A LOT, it was a 7 day hairstyle.

I am now doing the CG method, but before my bc I used Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner, water/glycerin mix, Unrefined Shea butter, organic coconut oil, and IC Fantasia Gel

I washed and conditioned my hair then sprayed with vegetable glycerin/water mix and detangled. I rubbed some shea butter in my hands and ran it over and through my damp hair. Starting from the back I would just feel and part with a rat tail comb and apply shea butter, coconut oil and gel to the section. I Divide the section in two and two strand twist it then wrap the twist around itself until it tucked under itself. I secured it with a bobby pin. I repeated this process until my whole head was complete. I'd lightly spray my hair with coconut oil, cover with a satin bonnet, and let it air dry over night. When I woke up the next day some parts were a little damp, but i didn't mind. I'd take the bobby pins out, unravel a knot and separate, then i'd fluff until it looked like I wanted it to. Sometimes I did the sections small and other times they were medium sized.

At night I would just cover with a satin bonnet and go to bed. I'd fluff in the morning. Since this would last me a week, around Wednesday I may redo them by dampening my hair and using shea butter and gel to retwist. Other times I'd just wear the style straight through.

Set

Take Down

Thanks Eden. I am helping a friend with her transition, and I will try this on her hair today.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down