CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styles for short hair

3 posters

Go down

Styles for short hair Empty Styles for short hair

Post by sonance 2nd August 2010, 4:42 pm

I have been natural for going on 5 years but started embracing the natural look (not wearing wigs and braids) for almost 2 years. I did a BC two years ago and headbands were working just fine back then. Now it's too long for headbands, not long enough to hang but too short for ponytails. I need ideas.

Oh, by the way. I don't do twists or anything. I'm a wash and go kinda girl and co-wash daily. Any ideas out there??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Styles for short hair Empty Re: Styles for short hair

Post by BlakButterfli 3rd August 2010, 4:03 pm

Sonance, I think to add some versatility to your styles, you are going to have to twist or plait something. Twists/braids are what can cut down on shrinkage and make your hair look fuller.

I've been using a lot of really pretty clips/barrettes here lately to pin my hair up. I've pinned it up on one side and let the rest be kinda curly/wild and I've also pinned up both sides in a faux fro mohawk.

I can't really tell the length of your hair from your avatar, but if you want to move beyond the wash and go's, I think you are going to have to get on board the twist train or something. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 3rd August 2010, 4:18 pm

Thanks BlakButterfli. Me and my daugher are natural and her hair is longer than mine and she does do the pin up on one side and let the other side hang or a pontail. I'm hearing you about the twists and may need to do that. I'm just such a wash and go freak! I love it and have gotten so used to it. Thanks again.
sonance
sonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Lo 3rd August 2010, 5:58 pm

Sonance, I agree with BlakButterfli, twists are an option. I have only been natural going on for 3 wks, and I love doing the twists. For the first couple of days just wear the twist and then do the twistout 2 n 1 deal or prehaps fingercoils for the firt couple of days and then unravel to do a curly fro. I hope this helps.
Natural Lo
Natural Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 3rd August 2010, 9:29 pm

Sonance, have you thought about doing a puff? Not as quick as a WnG, but definitely not time consuming like twists can be.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 20th August 2010, 12:06 pm

I've been rockin the puff and I am so excited at how much my hair has grown! I love the puff but I'm noticing my ends are dry after doing the puff for a few days in a row so I'm leaving it alone for awhile. I may do some twists in the front like my daughter does. Thanks for all the ideas.
sonance
sonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down