CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, i need a product...

5 posters

Go down

Help, i need a product... Empty Help, i need a product...

Post by SweetieOne 18th December 2010, 2:48 am

Ok, I have only been transitioning for about 3 months now. For the pass two weeks i did a twist out with flexi rods, but i realize that the second day even though my curls last my hair looks frizzy and feel a little dry (but it doesn't look dry, i know weird right..lol) . Even though people like my hair 2-3 days after i realize the frizz and feel as though if i had a product to put on after it could last a whole week instead of 3 days. So do any one know what product i can use to help with frizz/fly aways?

o yea, i realize my hair likes creamy products instead of oily ones
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Help, i need a product... Empty Re: Help, i need a product...

Post by tatertotz 18th December 2010, 6:18 am

To make my curls last during the week I use a little leave-in condish mixed w/ coconut oil (or no oil to your preference) when I put my hair in rollers for the night and when I take my curls down for the day; It usually helps to twist curls around my finger to try to keep the curls less frizzy after separating and fluffing them

I've never tried gel but a light gel can probably help you out, too!
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 18th December 2010, 2:55 pm

ok thank you i am going try the condish with a little oil, since its not completing oil....
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 18th December 2010, 2:58 pm

SweetieOne wrote:Ok, I have only been transitioning for about 3 months now. For the pass two weeks i did a twist out with flexi rods, but i realize that the second day even though my curls last my hair looks frizzy and feel a little dry (but it doesn't look dry, i know weird right..lol) . Even though people like my hair 2-3 days after i realize the frizz and feel as though if i had a product to put on after it could last a whole week instead of 3 days. So do any one know what product i can use to help with frizz/fly aways?

o yea, i realize my hair likes creamy products instead of oily ones

Hmmm...there's a few possibilities. I think this article will help you.... http://www.hairliberty.org/black-hair-care/articles/hair-care-secrets/hair-troubleshooting.html

Also, check out the tutorial in my sig. I think shine serums are particularly helpful!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 18th December 2010, 4:01 pm

I do my little girl's twists with Olive Oil Eco Styler and it stays fresh-looking for at least a week.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 20th December 2010, 5:26 pm

Hi,

Maybe looking at different styles in addition to products would be helpful. When I was transitioning, twist-outs were a no-go. My hair would would frizz after the first day and look awful. Flexi-rod sets, curlformers and bantu-knot outs were staple styles and would last for 5-7 days with only moderate re-styling. HTH!
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 22nd December 2010, 12:19 pm

Thanks littleone and mslys09

tlog77 thats what use to do my twist outs with fliexi rods, but by the end of the second day it looks a little frizzy
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down